Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Democrats sweep...  (Read 22196 times)

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Democrats sweep...
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2006, 08:17:10 am »

How about a nonviolent nonvoting revolution? :)

Russell, it doesn't work.  if 90% of the people don't turn out, they still call the result a mandate.
Not many people voted during the american revolution .... and it happened.

Not really true... It was the elected colonial assemblies who decided to muster troops, convene a continental congress, and, well, you know what happened after that. The politics of the American Revolution are fascinating. The elected leaders were mostly moderates, but the Sam Adams types waged a propaganda war outside the legislatures that strengthened the hand of the radical minorities in those colonial legislatures. Eventually the moderates succumbed to the popular mood.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2006, 09:57:04 am »

Keene town offices (hint hint nudge nudge) that would be worth covering.

I suspect None of the Above would advertise in the Keene Free Press, between now and March.  Vote None of Above for Keene!

I've now heard that Keene elections will be good this next year.  There will be some pro-liberty choices beyond None of the Above....

atek3

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2006, 03:15:00 pm »

this new paul hodes guy, is he going to be pro or anti gun now that he's elected?

atek3

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2006, 03:35:46 pm »

this new paul hodes guy, is he going to be pro or anti gun now that he's elected?

According to an email from the NH Second Amendment Sisters (yeah Jenn!)
"One of our members questioned Paul Hodes- NH 2nd District and was told "Gun Owners need not fear him, as elected"  I hope this proves to be true."

Also the latest E-mail Alert from GOA (Gun Owners of America) said:

Gun Owners of America E-Mail Alert
Wednesday, November 8, 2006

What impact, if any, will the transformational 2006 Congressional
Election have on Second Amendment rights?

Further, many of the incumbent Republicans who were defeated were not
pro-gun. For example, Nancy Johnson (CT), Jim Leach (IA), Clay Shaw
(FL), Curt Weldon (PA), and Charlie Bass (NH) were not strong gun
rights supporters.

RalphBorsodi

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2006, 04:12:06 pm »

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061029/COLUMNISTS12/110290138/-1/columnists

excerpt:
Hodes stumbled, however, on a viewer’s question about the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

“I posted on my Web site from the beginning that I am a Second Amendment New Hampshire Democrat. I believe that the rights of sportsmen and hunters to bear arms is a state issue and not one we need to have federal intrusion on,’’ Hodes said.

Hodes wanted to sound like someone who wouldn’t be supporting federal gun control legislation, but the enemy camp has already turned that remark into a rallying cry for gun owners to turn out their devoted as voters and troops on the ground in the last nine days.

atek3

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2006, 05:55:28 pm »

that's basically the same line dean used when runing for prez

RalphBorsodi

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2006, 08:14:56 pm »

that's basically the same line dean used when runing for prez

you mean there are "state's rights" democrats?

you think they would have he same orientation regarding abortion?

Ear

• First 1000
« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2006, 09:16:46 pm »

Hodes stumbled, however, on a viewer’s question about the Second Amendment right to bear arms.

“I posted on my Web site from the beginning that I am a Second Amendment New Hampshire Democrat. I believe that the rights of sportsmen and hunters to bear arms is a state issue and not one we need to have federal intrusion on,’’ Hodes said.

The point is, he specified sportsmen and hunters.  That leaves out home/personal defenders and militants.  The implication is that he's just like every mainstream Democrat: he's against handguns and assault rifles, and is cleverly obfuscating that fact by sticking up for the rights of people with shotguns and .22 rifles and the like.  Excuse me, my bad... he's not even supporting those rights, he's simply abdicating responsibility for making the call on shotguns and .22 rifles and the like, and saying it should be up to each State.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 09:19:52 pm by Ear »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2006, 10:34:47 pm »

According to an email from the NH Second Amendment Sisters (yeah Jenn!)
"One of our members questioned Paul Hodes- NH 2nd District and was told "Gun Owners need not fear him, as elected"  I hope this proves to be true."

Also the latest E-mail Alert from GOA (Gun Owners of America) said:

The last Dem to hold that seat lost due in part to his switch on 2nd Amed issues.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #69 on: November 15, 2006, 11:53:36 am »

How about a nonviolent nonvoting revolution? :)

Russell, it doesn't work.  if 90% of the people don't turn out, they still call the result a mandate.
Not many people voted during the american revolution .... and it happened.

Not really true... It was the elected colonial assemblies who decided to muster troops, convene a continental congress, and, well, you know what happened after that.

yea  .... all the bad stuff.
the good stuff was normal people saying "no" to government.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #70 on: November 15, 2006, 01:27:31 pm »

saying it should be up to each State.
Great! Let's push some state's rights legislation ASAP and ride this wave... like, opting NH out of the Real-ID :D

Ear

• First 1000
« Reply #71 on: November 15, 2006, 03:44:12 pm »

Great! Let's push some state's rights legislation ASAP and ride this wave... like, opting NH out of the Real-ID :D

That sounds good to me... Real-ID is a major infringement on our liberty.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up

anything