Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi from a geek in India  (Read 2336 times)

raj

Hi from a geek in India
« on: July 17, 2009, 05:29:41 am »

Hi,

I am Rajan, a recent Computer Science graduate from India, currently interning at Google under SoC program, which will last till 24th Aug. So, I was bit worried about my future/career after internship, when a friend from NH ( Ken ) IMed me and told about this Initiative, and after browsing the home site and reading more about NH, it really got me interested.

I love Computer Science/programming and have great interest in Entrepreneurship. I volunteered online for John McCain and many Republican candidates across US as developer/blogger and strategist and have great respect/honor for this Nation. I would really love to move to NH and contribute to the society/liberty in any way I can. But to survive, I need a job ! 

If somehow I can get a decent job in Technology/Computer Science/IT/Internet/Research Industry/Company, I would be glad to apply for the same and if it rewards me with a job, I would gladly accept the same. Looking forward for any sort of help.

Thanks NH :)

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
Re: Hi from a geek in India
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 01:02:43 pm »

Hey Raj, welcome to the forum. While I'n not very savvy in the technology field, I'm sure there are many here that are. I probably would've left out your affiliation with McCain, but from talking to you it seems that you do have a good understanding of what liberty means. I have been told that there are lots of techie companies in and around New England, but I just don't have the inside scoop, as others may.

raj

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 01:46:36 pm »

Totally Rebel, I respect liberty to it's very essence =)

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 01:54:27 pm »

Are you looking for a sponsor?

raj

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 06:37:53 pm »

Not really,,, well.. all I am looking for is, something to support me when/if I move to NH.  And that's a job ! to support my living expenses and stuff .. Thanks !

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 06:42:09 pm »

Welcome! ;D

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 07:18:30 pm »

Since I'm not too familiar with the tech field and apparently others round here are short on knowledge of it too, keep an eye on jobsinnh.com as they tend to have a steady stream of new jobs to pick from on a daily basis. You're likely to find computer-related jobs there as well. I've seen them there before fairly regularly, but you probably know what you're looking for better than I.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 09:49:52 am »

Welcome Raj!

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

sonio

• FSP Participant
    • Sonio on Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 09:58:05 am »

Hi Raj!    ;D
It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 07:40:02 pm »

Hey Raj!

Hello...way over there!!

Question:  Is there a McDonalds' Hamburger stand in your town?   :D

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

adirondeau

• Its a Freedom thing.
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 08:28:24 pm »

Welcome Raj

http://jobsearch.monster.com/Search.aspx?brd=1&q=computer%20science&cy=us&where=state:nh&rad=20&rad_units=miles&re=130#brd=1&q=computer%20science&cy=us&where=state%3Anh&rad=20&rad_units=miles&re=130

What part of Google did you work for? My brother works for the advertising division (use to be Doubleclick), he recently traveled to India to train/work with some people on a project. I wonder if you were one of them? Do you remember a Jason and Jason from Google NY?

If you do what you have always done, you'll get what you've always got...

A man's mind stretched to an new idea never goes back to its original dimension...
Pages: [1]   Go Up