Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CNN Broadcast Tonight on Susette Kelo [ 8pm & 11pm]  (Read 2169 times)

evedward

CNN Broadcast Tonight on Susette Kelo [ 8pm & 11pm]
« on: October 28, 2006, 12:46:16 pm »

The following news I received from Kathleen Mitchell, an activist who resides in New London, CT and a long-time friend of Susette Kelo:

CNN WILL BROADCAST A DOCUMENTARY ON THE KELO CASE TONIGHT AT 8PM AND 11PM.  I felt the need to spread the word of this broadcast to everyone I know and all the appropriate venues. Thank you.

Estelle Edwards
Riverhead, Long Island, NY

P.S. Kathleen Mitchell, who has been a long-time email pal, had been instrumental in  keeping me up to spped with the Kelo eminent domain case so I could share the news with people on my side of Long Island Sound, like our Suffolk County Libertarian chapter. A big thanks to Kathleen Mitchell!

evedward

Re: CNN Broadcast Tonight on Susette Kelo [ 8pm & 11pm]
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 12:49:59 pm »

I have taken the liberty to recreate Kathleen's original email to me below, if that's okay with all interested parties.....
**********************************************************************************************
[Kathleen's Email]

Our schedule has been finalized, and this is to confirm our one-hour CNN documentary will air Saturday October 28 at 8pm and then repeats at 11pm ET. Shorter segments from the special will also air throughout the week leading up to Saturday. We also plan an extensive CNN.com project, with Web-based features about the weeklong series of specials. That's at www.cnn.com/brokengovernment.
The New London segment of course focuses on the upcoming Supreme Court case, but the broader hour will look at the judicial branch as a whole, and how it has become a target of political and ideological attacks. We'll explore whether the courts can preserve "judicial independence" in the face of what many critics say is "judicial activism," judges making political decisions best made by local, state, and federal legislators. The New London case is a perfect way to explore how these kinds of issues are being confronted every day in our nation's courts, with important consequences for all of us. So we've tried to move beyond ideology to a real-life example of how Americans are dealing with questions of property rights and "public uses."
Thank you again for all your hospitality and cooperation, and we believe our segment is a fair, thoughtful look at what all agree is a complicated, divisive issue. I would welcome any feedback, and we wish you the best of luck as this issue moves forward.
Would you be able to let the Christofaros and Suzette Kelo know about the airdate and to thank them personally for me? We appreciate this, and let me know if you need any more information.
Bill Mears
CNN Washington Bureau
Senior Producer
phone: 202/898-7559  mobile: 202/494-7625
william.mears@cnn.com

Sincerely,
Estelle Edwards
Pages: [1]   Go Up