Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will New Hampshire be able to exert influence on federal government?  (Read 6248 times)

Browning

• I am no llama
Re: Will New Hampshire be able to exert influence on federal government?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 05:38:37 am »

NH's executive branch (under Gov Benson) has already set precedent for breaking federal law and getting away with it.  It will happen again.
What was this?

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 07:25:48 am »

NH's executive branch (under Gov Benson) has already set precedent for breaking federal law and getting away with it.  It will happen again.

What was this?

Buying prescription drugs from Canada.

Henry

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 07:45:05 pm »

Another question?  For me, my greatest fear is the underminding of civil liberties by the federal government, especially things like the Real ID Act.  Doing things on a local level is a truly good thing.  I think what Lauren Canario (?) has done for eminent domain is admirable.  However, will the FSP be able to exert influence on the federal government, because sooner or later, with the consolidation of power at the federal level, I think that is going to be the most important question?  For example, what are the chances of a Libertarian (or strongly pro-freedom and independent minded Republican or Democrat) from New Hampshire gaining office in the US House or Senate?  Thanks.

No way. The federal government is entirely and absolutely a lost cause - corrupt throughout and in the hands of money interests larger than we can imagine.

I think we can have an effect on the people and therefore in local governments throughout the country potentially. First we need to entirely infiltrate the NH government, like we've already started doing. People are now more open to our general message, and as that continues to spread there's still hope.

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 11:46:21 pm »

The federal government might be lost, but if that's so, I'm going to make as much money as I can chronicling its downfall.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up