Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Its Gunstock  (Read 26173 times)

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
Re: Its Gunstock
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2006, 09:16:45 am »

and the $$$ is?   ???

The $$$ for what?

$50 suggested donation for PorcFest itself... if you can't afford that, pay what you can, nobody will be turned away from Registration

Camping rates: the Gunstock website was updated, and doesn't list camping rates right now.  It was comparable to Rogers and if anything slightly cheaper.  We'll have exact numbers soon, including whatever discount we arrange.  With campsite sharing, I expect the rate will quite low for those who need a cheap site for the week.

Friday Night BBQ dinner: Not set yet, but I expect it'll be $10

Bus rides to various touring areas: not set yet.  Tickets will be sold in advance.

Anything else?

error

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • U.S. Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2006, 11:15:04 am »

That bus will come in handy, too. I'm one of the few lunatics moving to NH this spring without a car!

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2006, 12:36:00 pm »

The "summer" gunstock homepage with info is available at http://summer.gunstock.com/ .

If you'd like to stay up-to-date on PF developments and add your input, please join the PF 07 Yahoo Group:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/porcfest2007/

The PF 07 website will be up with registration and schedule information mid-January.  A basic page with the date and location will be posted either later today or tomorrow.
--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2006, 12:42:13 pm »

So Pfest will cost money this year?

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2006, 01:16:48 pm »

If anything, it would be a suggested donation and the amount will be based on our final costs. 

When we were still planning to use (and thought we needed) a certain facility which was going to be quite expensive ($2000) this was one of the options that was discussed and I approved.  At this point though, I don't think we'll need that facility. 

Dreepa, if you want to continue this conversation, please respect the decision I made to consolidate business related questions/issues to a single location: the yahoo group.  You raise good questions and I appreciate it, but I dont' check the forum very often and your posts and our discussion is not seen (at all or in a timely manner) by those on the yahoo group and vice versa.  The FSP Forum is designed for general purpose discussion about PF, such as meet ups, reservation questions, stories, etc.  Questions about policies, updates, speakers, and other implementation details I have requested be done on the yahoo group.  I don't think this is too much to ask :-)  Is it?
--
Rich Goldman

Dawn

• FSP Participant
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2006, 01:53:28 pm »

Questions about policies, updates, speakers, and other implementation details I have requested be done on the yahoo group.  I don't think this is too much to ask :-)  Is it?

I have no desire to join another yahoo group, especially since I do not want to be part of the planning process. But, I do want to know what's going on and the info doesn't seem to be readily available on the FSP site.

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2006, 01:59:05 pm »

But, I do want to know what's going on and the info doesn't seem to be readily available on the FSP site.

It will be soon.  Rich was waiting for things to finalize before doing the website updates.  Volunteers to update the porcfest website pages are wanted as well.
Easy to do, and can be done from anyplace, (ie not in NH).  Rich is doing it right now.

jeanius

« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2006, 04:50:37 pm »

I agree with Dawn.  I can't imagine stopping conversation by those of us not on the volunteer team for the Festival.

For the record, I think it is a bad idea to charge or even have a suggested donation for the Festival.  The Festival has always been a way for people to check out New Hampshire, relax, get to know other porcupines, etc.  I would argue for not using whatever facility is so expensive and keeping it open and free.  Even a donation request will turn some people off.   

Also, in juxtiposition to the Liberty Forum, which does require payment, it is a little off putting.

Jean

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2006, 06:03:09 pm »

I would argue for not using whatever facility is so expensive and keeping it open and free.

Your opinion was duly noted sometime last year, when you decided to do it elsewhere, when you were in charge.
Perhaps, instead of telling Rich why he's doing it all wrong this time, you can be more productive elsewhere.

jeanius

« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2006, 06:17:51 pm »

I have never been in charge of the Porc Fest.  I was Kate's 2nd for 2006 but I had no decision making authority except for the silent auction which I did the two years we've had it so far.  I was there to support and assist Kate.

I believe charging for the Festival is a bad idea.  I feel strongly about this.  And anything beyond a few cans labeled "donation" will be a turn off to some.  The Festival has always been a way to get people to come to New Hampshire, check it out, check out other participants, etc.  I consider it a loss leader for the FSP.  It's a way for people with budget constraints to check out the state and prepare to move, without killing their wallets.  This of people who are already spending quite a bit just to get there.

There are other things I've heard about this year's (2007) Festival that I disagree with.  But they won't stop people from coming.  So, I only mention this because I consider it a "big thing".  Don't dismiss the opinion.  It may actually have some merit.

Jean

lloydbob1

« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2006, 06:49:53 pm »

If anything, it would be a suggested donation and the amount will be based on our final costs. 

When we were still planning to use (and thought we needed) a certain facility which was going to be quite expensive ($2000) this was one of the options that was discussed and I approved.  At this point though, I don't think we'll need that facility. 

Dreepa, if you want to continue this conversation, please respect the decision I made to consolidate business related questions/issues to a single location: the yahoo group.  You raise good questions and I appreciate it, but I dont' check the forum very often and your posts and our discussion is not seen (at all or in a timely manner) by those on the yahoo group and vice versa.  The FSP Forum is designed for general purpose discussion about PF, such as meet ups, reservation questions, stories, etc.  Questions about policies, updates, speakers, and other implementation details I have requested be done on the yahoo group.  I don't think this is too much to ask :-)  Is it?

But this is the "Its Gunstock' topic area!   I didn't know about the fee.  I didn't see it anywhere else.  I was beginning to change my mind.

lloydbob1

« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2006, 06:53:46 pm »

I would argue for not using whatever facility is so expensive and keeping it open and free.

Your opinion was duly noted sometime last year, when you decided to do it elsewhere, when you were in charge.
Perhaps, instead of telling Rich why he's doing it all wrong this time, you can be more productive elsewhere.

Jean is too nice to say it Seth, but, I'm not.  Stick it! 

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2006, 08:27:49 pm »

Yes....

Dawn and Jean said what I have to say.

I will ask no more questions.

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2006, 08:55:35 pm »

Your concerns about having a suggested donation are recognized. 

Dreepa, if you are interpreting what I'm saying as being upset that you're asking questions, you are misinterpreting what I am saying.  I appreciate everyone's input and people questioning what I'm doing.  It keeps me on my toes and helps prevent me from making (obviously) stupid blunders.  My only point is that I do not want to have two parallel forums for business.  Seth has been picking up my/the slack since he monitors both the forum and the yahoo group, and answers questions on the forum, and I appreciate that. 

It's obviously your choice whether to join the yahoo group, but if you choose to continue to post business related questions and comments on the forum, then please understand that any response from me is going to be delayed.  (I'm saying this as a neutral fact, this is not intended to be taken negatively). 

This said, the draft of the base site for PF is available at http://www.freestateproject.org/pf07 .  Please send feedback to rgoldman@freestateproject.org .  Thanks.
   -Rich

--
Rich Goldman

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2006, 10:35:42 pm »

I have never been in charge of the Porc Fest.  I was Kate's 2nd for 2006 but I had no decision making authority except for the silent auction
which I did the two years we've had it so far.  I was there to support and assist Kate.

If you insist on making me call you a liar, so be it.  2 people went around and looked at locations: you and Kate.  Yes, Kate might have had the final say, but you were the only other person who was at the various locations, scouting them out.  You and Kate, and solely you and Kate, chose NOT to pursue using Gunstock,  just as Rich, Russell, Varrin and I went to Gunstock this year and loved the place and decided it was worth the expense.

There are other things I've heard about this year's (2007) Festival that I disagree with.

Nothing like the rumor mill and negative comments like that to harm the cause, Jean, since you admit you aren't in the loop otherwise, so of course, all you do with remarks like that is undermine Rich's efforts.  Good FSP teamwork!

Don't dismiss the opinion.  It may actually have some merit.

And it may not.

And unlike Rich, but like Lloyd, I'll be glad to say 'stick it!'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up