Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Its Gunstock  (Read 26167 times)

lloydbob1

Its Gunstock
« on: October 06, 2006, 08:17:04 am »

They announced on the Yahoo thing that P'fest will be held at Gunstock next year.  I will visit for a day if some p'fest friends who I won't get to see otherwise still plan to attend, but, that will be it

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: Its Gunstock
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 03:26:25 pm »

They announced on the Yahoo thing that P'fest will be held at Gunstock next year.  I will visit for a day if some p'fest friends who I won't get to see otherwise still plan to attend, but, that will be it

Why whats the matter with Gunstock? It looked nice on their websight.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

lloydbob1

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 04:25:44 pm »

After seeing Jane's 'Park Model' last summer, I decided I would rent one for P'fest.  Gunstock doesn't have them.  Just $50 per day cabins.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 04:45:28 pm »

So get a new tent , that don't leak and use those awesome handy man skills to come up with some kind of portable bed.

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 05:20:16 pm »

With the rain we had last year .... the best bet would be to set up the hugh canopy .... then set up the tent underneath it. ;D
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 05:58:58 pm »

Somebody please offer Marcy a spot under that canopy.

Cathleen

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2006, 06:11:48 pm »

Is Marcy Prone to getting wet?

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2006, 07:02:03 pm »

For the record...
I did wake up in the middle of the night from my dry tent and put a tarp over her tent.

freedomroad

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2006, 10:06:25 pm »

After seeing Jane's 'Park Model' last summer, I decided I would rent one for P'fest.  Gunstock doesn't have them.  Just $50 per day cabins.

You hard a really nice set-up last summer.  Lloyd, it will all be ok, it will all be ok.  That cabin sounds nice and there are plenty of hotels near-by.  You will do OK.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 07:56:07 pm »

Some of us visited Gunstock today. I liked it better than I thought I would. It is not very busy and people should be able to make reservations up until the last minute.
The view of the mountain is great. I have already picked out my spot for best viewing. :)
If you hike up a little ways, there is a great view of the big lake and mountains in the distance.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 07:59:28 pm by Russell Kanning »
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 08:59:26 pm »

Some of us visited Gunstock today. I liked it better than I thought I would.

And I liked it too... If Russell and I can agree, it must be Friday the 13th.

And we went to a summer camp... wait a second.... I feel a movie parody coming on!!!!

This trailer not yet rated by the MPAA.

Just when you thought it was safe....  dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum

[Deep voice]
They came in droves... a pack of spiny critters wanting to be left alone, but also wanting to be in groups.
They came from the north, from the south, from the east and west, and from across the globe....
They came armed and ready for action,
They sat around the fires laughing loudly... knowing that their time had come....

It's back!! PorcFest 2007!!!!  Coming soon to a Free State near you!

It is not very busy and people should be able to make reservations up until the last minute.

It's a big place, but it WILL be busy so don't count on that... plus our event planning will require early notice if you want to be part of some things, as we _will_ cancel certain cool events if we don't have enough people committed to them ahead of time.
PorcFest will be better for all of us if you plan ahead, and not at the last minute.

The view of the mountain is great. I have already picked out my spot for best viewing. :)
If you hike up a little ways, there is a great view of the big lake and mountains in the distance.

We have plans for a 'party' area, for those who like that, and more quiet areas (lots of woods).
There is plenty of stuff to do onsite too.  Cell phones work, free wifi near the lodge, too.

And I have my spot picked out too, near Russell's.
Varrin found his spot already too. 
And Rich will be so busy he won't need a campsite.... just a place to sleep standing up for a few minutes at a time.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 09:01:17 pm by SethCohn »

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 09:25:10 pm »

Gee I wonder if I should camp in the party area?

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 04:06:44 am »

Wherever you camp will be the party area.

Except, you don't "camp", you "park". The subsequent "party area" is defined as: "wherever PatK is".

I was glad to host PatK and his roving party area at my camper during Shorty/PorcFest 2006. I'm just sad that we won't be repeating for 2007.  :( (Our 2007 plans are for a fall foliage tour. We can only make one trip a year as of now. Pray we hit the lottery!)

Kevin

freedomroad

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2006, 07:26:08 am »

You can check to fall leaves every single falls once you move (you will be forced to if you live in the North Country). but there will only be one Porcfest 2007.  You should really come in the summer instead and when you move in 2008 check out the leaves and such.

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2006, 09:15:06 am »

Wherever you camp will be the party area.

Except, you don't "camp", you "park". The subsequent "party area" is defined as: "wherever PatK is".

Wait a sec. PatK had a tent, which is more camping than what you did.

I am a bit of a camping snob.

Cathleen
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up