Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: If someone might want to rent my cabin...  (Read 22009 times)

newmember

Re: If someone might want to rent my cabin...
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 03:57:34 pm »

Passionate Pantherrr,
I saw your ad and was wondering if there are any jobs close by that someone in my condition might be able to do. and how far the closest town is for food etc.
Please read the below pasted info that I sent to another FSP member and get back to me.

Thanks,

John Williamson

As I told you before I am working on a project of a proposed new legal Bright Line regarding criminal prosecution.
I have been unable for years now to land a permanent full time job despite the fact that I have a 4 year degree in Marketing and several years of management and sales experience.
Thus I have been living out of a cargo van since February 1995.

To make matters really bad, I was run over by an uninsured motorist on Jan 27th 2009 when I tried to scrap ice off my windshield at a stop light.

The idiot who hit me, gave police fake insurance papers, was so dense he hit my parked van on a well lit major service road at 40 miles an hour, without ever hitting his break.

I had my right femur broken out of its socket, and my pelvis broken in several places, my right ankle was broken, and my right shoulder was severely separated, and other misc. cuts, and skin nerve damage as well.

Consequently I have only been weight bearing on both of my legs since just May 15th 2009.
Because of this and the worst economy since 1929, it has become impossible to find work.
Is there any way to single out an an FSPer that might be able to help in terms of my book/screenplay project by providing a place to stay?

Apparently the Americans with disabilities Act is pretty much worthless as I have had a food demo company tell me they don't have to make a reasonable accommodation to allow me to sit in a chair and Best Buy refuses to allow me to work less hours even though my ability to stand beyond 2 hours right now is null.

I need a place to write where I can layout all my legal materials.
All I need is a chair, a desk some tables, an electrical outlet for a laptop computer, and table light, and AC and heat, with access to a restroom.

This is my life's most cherished project that I would like to do before I die, and I am not eligible for Social Security until 62, which is 6 years from now.

I believe that surely there is an elderly person, or persons, who have a large house with their kids all grown up that could spare a empty room for 24 months.

I am willing to do whatever kind of work in repayment that I can but in my condition, I am simply not able to do a lot of physical work.

I cant even get a job as a call center worker because believe it or not even though the job is very simple they DEMAND that you have 2 years experience of recent verifiable experience to be hired.

Everywhere i turn I have found a totally closed door to employment.

I had already been out of work for 12 months when I got run over, being unjustly let go off of a PT customer electronics sales position.

Also all of my most valuable property has already been sold, and I have been living off of charity from several people I met while I was at an assisted living center the hospital sent me to in order to kick me out of the expensive hospital room I was taking up, since I was totally unable to even feed or dress myself when I left the hospital.
I have also been getting food from a local food bank in order to keep eating.

Is there even a way to announce to the larger FSP community that a person is seeking the help of individual members?

My idea is to write the legal project as a screen play first, then as a novel.

When I am finished part of what I plan to do is use Martin-dale Hubbell directory to Id criminal law attorneys nationwide and send them an e-mail telling them what the script entails, and asking them to click a link to go to a website where I will have set
the script up.

Please give me your feedback.

TEBON

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 04:20:32 pm »

I'm curious if you are interested in any renting on a short term basis. . .even a few days?

I've been trying to find a place to spend a weekend up north.  Any possibilities that you would rent for a weekend? 

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2009, 06:56:57 am »

i think this cabin is now filled with a porcupine family of 4
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2009, 07:51:52 am »

Oh my god, That is soooo cute.
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

Pat McCotter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 09:12:52 am »

??? ??? ???
Visualize Whirled Peas

Give Pizza Chance

I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly. - Steven Wright

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 09:14:22 am »

??? ??? ???

Dude, a Family of Porcupines.  Like "Real" Porcupines. Geez.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:17:51 am by poorkollegekid »
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

Pat McCotter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 09:15:51 am »

??? ??? ???

Dudu, a Family of Porcupines.  Like "Real" Porcupines. Geez.

We need pictures!
Visualize Whirled Peas

Give Pizza Chance

I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly. - Steven Wright

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 09:20:44 am »

??? ??? ???

Dudu, a Family of Porcupines.  Like "Real" Porcupines. Geez.

We need pictures!

Oh, Boy ... There is not really a family of Porcupines, I was just saying  how cute  "as if" they were a real family of porcupines not a "Porc" family as I'm sure they really are.  As I'm not an actual party to this cabin so I don't know for sure.  I give up.

Thomas Jefferson

Battlecry

• FSP Participant
  • Rabblerouser
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 10:07:11 am »

pkk,

I got it on the first try.

Sarcasm, the internet, and libertarians....not a well conceived concoction.
When the Nazis came for the communists, I said nothing; I was, of course, no communist.
When they locked up the Social Democrats, I said nothing; I was, of course, no Social Democrat.
When they came for the trade unionists, I said nothing; I was, of course, no trade unionist.
When they came for me, there was no one left who could protest.
This is why we must fight for all

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 01:11:59 pm »

pkk,

I got it on the first try.

Sarcasm, the internet, and libertarians....not a well conceived concoction.

LOL, Cool.   I never talked to you before so you were not a "Known Quantity" to me.  I am so relieved.

Thomas Jefferson

lloydbob1

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 07:21:41 pm »

A whole bunch of people from surrounding towns materialized out of thin air to pull the piano out of the mud and help these folks move in!

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 11:22:31 pm »

We need pictures!

Here's the group at the bonfire at the Porcupine Recreation Area in Grafton after the move.  See Ridley for video of the move itself.

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 02:16:24 pm »

We need pictures!

Here's the group at the bonfire at the Porcupine Recreation Area in Grafton after the move.  See Ridley for video of the move itself.

OMG, they really are cute. Foraging around the fire looking for scraps and who knew they were nocturnal ?

Thomas Jefferson

PassionatePantherrr

• FSP Participant
  • Passionate
    • The Passionate Pantherrr
Re: If someone might want to rent/purchase my cabin...
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2009, 10:38:23 am »

Updated info:

http://nh.craigslist.org/reo/1444188232.html

Ask me or Joe if you have any questions, sooner the better.

-Denise
-------

Camp on 3.4 Acres, adjacent to 80 conservation acres, for sale or rent.

The basics are as follows:

It is on a town maintained dirt road, shares a right-of-way/driveway with the neighbor, and I was able to get in and out of there with my Saturn in the wintertime. It is set back from the road, and the trees near the road block the view of passers-by. Danbury is  small, but has Ragged Mountain Ski Resort, the Inn at Danbury for great german food, and there's a boat launch for Waukeena Lake a mile from the cabin. It sits on a 3.4 acre lot, adjacent to 80 acres of conservation land (as it doesn't have road access, no one can build on it). It's about 1 mile from Grafton on back roads, and is easy to commute to New London or Andover from there on the back roads as well.

It's small (I can dig up the exact dimensions for you, but something like 30x40), has a bedroom (1 bdr), a bathroom (toilet/shower/hot water on a 2bdr septic with it's own well) and a great room with kitchen area/sink, electric, phone, and the internet access would be best via Verizon Wireless. The stovetop is propane, and it has both a woodstove and a propane heater. It could use some work, and we would reimburse any pre-authorized repairs if we were renting it. We have no problem with pets being there, and it can be furnished or unfurnished. To rent, it would be approx $500/ mo, to purchase we would ask $65k. The rental price can be negotiable if a year lease is signed. It will be available at the end of November, so please contact us with any reasonable offers asap. Thanks!

PassionatePantherrr

• FSP Participant
  • Passionate
    • The Passionate Pantherrr
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2009, 07:05:33 am »

TEBON-

If we can't find a full-time renter for the beginning of December, or if the folks there now finish their move to their new place before the end of November, there might be a possibility of a few days in late Nov, or during Dec. Let me know if you're watching this thread, and still interested.

-Denise

I'm curious if you are interested in any renting on a short term basis. . .even a few days?
I've been trying to find a place to spend a weekend up north.  Any possibilities that you would rent for a weekend? 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up