Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: If someone might want to rent my cabin...  (Read 21998 times)

PassionatePantherrr

• FSP Participant
  • Passionate
    • The Passionate Pantherrr
If someone might want to rent my cabin...
« on: August 15, 2006, 01:19:23 pm »

We can discuss some possibilites on this, but I'd like to make a few notes.

1) If you're looking to share the space with a couple of others, as an occaisional crashspace and/or mailing address, we're open to that idea.

2) If you won't be there every day, we will need to shut off the water in October, before the first freeze, to keep the pipes from splitting during the winter (it would be safe to turn it back on in April). You could still use the space all winter for as a space for solitude / heading to the family ski resort (Ragged Mountain), or going snowmobiling nearby (The woodstove and propane heater get the place nice and toasty!). You'd simply need to bring in your own water for indoor flushing / drinking / cooking purposes.

3) The mortgage + base utilities (the way we've spent weekends only there) run us about $500 a month. We'd hope to negotiate something close to this number to help us make ends meet.

4) Yes, it's on a dirt road. If you have front wheel or 4wd, you should be fine (I have a Saturn, and never had a problem, but having cable-chains just in case would be a good idea). There's a farmer down the road who comes by when it snows, and plows out the driveway for under $20/snowfall. Shoveling off the roof will need to be worked out.

5) No, I wouldn't mind if you have a pet, but you'll need to keep the space free of pet odor, so that if we resume use of the space in the future, I can do so (I'm allergic to furry critters in general).

Now that all that's been said, is there someone looking for a space such as my cabin to rent / split?
Drop me a note, and we'll see whether we can work something out.

-Denise

the almighty

Re: If someone might want to rent my cabin...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 06:00:08 pm »

1) If you're looking to share the space with a couple of others, as an occaisional crashspace and/or mailing address, we're open to that idea.

2) If you won't be there every day, we will need to shut off the water in October, before the first freeze, to keep the pipes from splitting during the winter (it would be safe to turn it back on in April). You could still use the space all winter for as a space for solitude / heading to the family ski resort (Ragged Mountain), or going snowmobiling nearby (The woodstove and propane heater get the place nice and toasty!). You'd simply need to bring in your own water for indoor flushing / drinking / cooking purposes.

3) The mortgage + base utilities (the way we've spent weekends only there) run us about $500 a month. We'd hope to negotiate something close to this number to help us make ends meet.

4) Yes, it's on a dirt road. If you have front wheel or 4wd, you should be fine (I have a Saturn, and never had a problem, but having cable-chains just in case would be a good idea). There's a farmer down the road who comes by when it snows, and plows out the driveway for under $20/snowfall. Shoveling off the roof will need to be worked out.

5) No, I wouldn't mind if you have a pet, but you'll need to keep the space free of pet odor, so that if we resume use of the space in the future, I can do so (I'm allergic to furry critters in general).

Now that all that's been said, is there someone looking for a space such as my cabin to rent / split?

-Denise

ive no wheels.  how close is it to the nearest town & do they have organic food there

PassionatePantherrr

• FSP Participant
  • Passionate
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 11:10:48 am »

ive no wheels.  how close is it to the nearest town & do they have organic food there

It's probably not the right place for you, unfortunately, as it's about 4 miles to the center of town.
The center of town is small, a couple of convenience store/gas station type places, a diner, and the Inn at Danbury. I don't know offhand which farmers in town might sell organic produce locally, but there's no retail outlet/store in Danbury for their goods.
There's a ski-season shuttle that runs from the centers of area towns up to Ragged Mountain; that might get you to other towns where you could get more of what you were looking for, but I've never tried to use the shuttle, and am not sure how they would react to it being used as a public shuttle in the winter.

the almighty

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 11:24:28 am »

It's probably not the right place for you, unfortunately, as it's about 4 miles to the center of town.
The center of town is small, a couple of convenience store/gas station type places, a diner, and the Inn at Danbury. I don't know offhand which farmers in town might sell organic produce locally, but there's no retail outlet/store in Danbury for their goods.
There's a ski-season shuttle that runs from the centers of area towns up to Ragged Mountain; that might get you to other towns where you could get more of what you were looking for, but I've never tried to use the shuttle, and am not sure how they would react to it being used as a public shuttle in the winter.

i agree.  too many problems.  thanks

Tony Stelik

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a rabid individualist
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 10:17:52 am »

Is your cabin still available?
Email me tonystelik@aol.com
Tony
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forgive you

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2006, 11:22:02 am »

Sorry for the delay; we've been busy with getting everything unpacked from our recent move.

The cabin is still available, and I've let Denise know to drop you an email.

Thanks,
Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

dave walthour

• Own NH Real Property!
    • Upper Valley Homes for Sale
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 03:08:25 pm »

I live about 5 minutes from the town of Danbury.  It is not as remote as one would think!  The center of "town" (I use this term loosely) is also about 10 minutes from Bristol, where there is a ShurFine grocery store, a liquor store, and most importantly, a Chinese restaurant.  :D Danbury is also not too far from Tilton, NH which has a Shaws Supermarket.  They have organic sections in all departments from meats to produce.  However, the best source of organic food (aside from local farm stands which can be hit or miss) is in Lebanon, which is about 50 minutes away, or Concord, about the same distance.
Dave Walthour
RE/MAX Upper Valley
Cell: 603-254-4052

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 03:49:12 pm »

Bringing this back up...

Some more details were discussed in this thread

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

PassionatePantherrr

• FSP Participant
  • Passionate
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 10:42:40 am »

The cabin is still available, probably best suited to use as a hunting cabin... Let me know if you're interested.

-Denise

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 03:39:03 pm »

Just an update:

The cabin was rented for most of the fall/winter, but the tenant has taken a job that was too far to commute, so the cabin is again available.

If anyone is interested, the rent is $500/mo, and it's a great place for someone who is moving here and just wants an inexpensive place to stay, while scoping out the general Grafton area (and beyond) prior to settling on an actual destination.

We will also consider reasonable purchase offers, FYI, but we're not actively seeking to sell it.

Joe

pvincent87

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2009, 09:10:07 pm »

Hey there,

I have a few questions about your cabin

How close is the cabin to Manchester?
Will it be available in the fourth quarter of 2008?

erm...that's all I could think of

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 08:55:08 pm »

I have a few questions about your cabin

How close is the cabin to Manchester?
Will it be available in the fourth quarter of 2008?

Probably about an hour and a quarter to Manchester, depending upon where in the city you are going to, and how fast you drive.

I'm assuming you meant "fourth quarter of 2009."  I can't really give you an answer, since I don't know if someone will rent (or even buy) it before then.  Of course, someone might rent it through the fall, and it might be available for the next winter - just can't say, this far in advance.

Joe

PassionatePantherrr

• FSP Participant
  • Passionate
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2009, 12:15:59 am »

The cabin is currently available, if anyone comes up for Porcfest and wants to stay awhile! :-)

-Denise

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 05:14:12 am »

Denise - Let's talk about this cabin.  Please email me.
"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.

PassionatePantherrr

• FSP Participant
  • Passionate
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 11:36:46 am »

For sale or rent, sooner the better.
See the Craigslist ad for a few pictures and details.

http://nh.craigslist.org/reo/1310766089.html

Ask me if you have more questions , thanks...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up