Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: If someone might want to rent my cabin...  (Read 21900 times)

PassionatePantherrr

• FSP Participant
  • Passionate
    • The Passionate Pantherrr
Re: If someone might want to rent my cabin...
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2009, 07:08:20 am »

Lloyd-

She and the kids will be moving to Dunbarton (closer to Concord), on/around Nov 15th, and he'll be (temporarily) taking a job back home, until he can find something here in NH... So they'll still be here, and I'm guessing they'll need moving help again on the weekend of the 15th.

-Denise

A whole bunch of people from surrounding towns materialized out of thin air to pull the piano out of the mud and help these folks move in!

PassionatePantherrr

• FSP Participant
  • Passionate
    • The Passionate Pantherrr
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2009, 12:51:55 pm »

The cabin is currently available, please let us know asap if you'd like to take a look at it... for rent/purchase. Thanks!

kyfornow

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 11:06:15 pm »

TEBON-

If we can't find a full-time renter for the beginning of December, or if the folks there now finish their move to their new place before the end of November, there might be a possibility of a few days in late Nov, or during Dec. Let me know if you're watching this thread, and still interested.

-Denise

I'm curious if you are interested in any renting on a short term basis. . .even a few days?
I've been trying to find a place to spend a weekend up north.  Any possibilities that you would rent for a weekend? 

Your cabin would have fit EXACTLY what I was looking for if it were closer to Keene, i mean like perfect, couldn't ask for anything more ideal, except it's so far away from Keene
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 11:10:41 pm by kyfornow »

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 11:35:49 pm »

An 1:30 to 1:45, depending upon how you drive.

It might not be overly close to Keene, but it's very close to Grafton...

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

kyfornow

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 11:52:47 pm »

Joe

well see im planning on going into business for myself, doing cleaning, yardwork, snow shoveling etc, would be afraid there won't be enough of that in the grafton area or id jump in a second!

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2010, 12:25:51 am »

KY, have you been up to New Hampshire, yet?  If not, it might be a really good idea to tour the state first.  Most movers I've met only find the town they love after they've lived here for a while.  Personally, I love the seacoast (and Seabrook, in particular, because the people are so nice--and so hostile to gov't).  Even without the fsp (and FSP), it's one of the best places in the country to live in.  I wouldn't commit to any particular area until you are absolutely certain that that is the town you want to live in.

I also would strongly recommend staying in a porcmanor first.  So many people who've moved here end up regretting the leases that they've signed, some of which have rules against open carry and what not.  If you sign a bad lease, you can be screwed financially, and you could be left with a long commute for the duration of the lease.

Best laid plans, and so forth.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

kyfornow

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2010, 05:40:10 am »

KY, have you been up to New Hampshire, yet?  If not, it might be a really good idea to tour the state first.  Most movers I've met only find the town they love after they've lived here for a while.  Personally, I love the seacoast (and Seabrook, in particular, because the people are so nice--and so hostile to gov't).  Even without the fsp (and FSP), it's one of the best places in the country to live in.  I wouldn't commit to any particular area until you are absolutely certain that that is the town you want to live in.

I also would strongly recommend staying in a porcmanor first.  So many people who've moved here end up regretting the leases that they've signed, some of which have rules against open carry and what not.  If you sign a bad lease, you can be screwed financially, and you could be left with a long commute for the duration of the lease.

Best laid plans, and so forth.

Yes I actually spent 5 days there starting with christmas.  I actually wanted to drive to see grafton area, but I didn't. 

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 07:27:03 am »

well see im planning on going into business for myself, doing cleaning, yardwork, snow shoveling etc, would be afraid there won't be enough of that in the grafton area or id jump in a second!

You might want to post on The Underground and The TeaParty (we had the name before the protest groups sprouted up).  There are a number of Graftonites on each, and they could probably give you an idea of the market in that area.

As far as Max's trolling, we've rented the cabin to two Freestaters, and it's been a smile and a handshake with each.  Yeah, we should probably use a lease of some sort, but we simply haven't found it necessary.

Carry (openly or concealed) is encouraged.

There's also the purchase option, and there's a strong likelihood that you would be able to re-sell the property in a year or two (when the market is a bit better), if you decided you didn't want to keep it, so if you were looking at purchasing, you's still likely be able to go somewhere else, if you wanted.  Or just rent it out; we can't make any money renting it, due to the mortgage rate we have, but current rates are low enough that it would be easy to make a few bucks a month by renting it.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

kyfornow

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2010, 08:46:15 pm »

You might want to post on The Underground and The TeaParty (we had the name before the protest groups sprouted up).  There are a number of Graftonites on each, and they could probably give you an idea of the market in that area.

As far as Max's trolling, we've rented the cabin to two Freestaters, and it's been a smile and a handshake with each.  Yeah, we should probably use a lease of some sort, but we simply haven't found it necessary.

Carry (openly or concealed) is encouraged.

There's also the purchase option, and there's a strong likelihood that you would be able to re-sell the property in a year or two (when the market is a bit better), if you decided you didn't want to keep it, so if you were looking at purchasing, you's still likely be able to go somewhere else, if you wanted.  Or just rent it out; we can't make any money renting it, due to the mortgage rate we have, but current rates are low enough that it would be easy to make a few bucks a month by renting it.

Joe

1) when trying to convince my dad to move to NH, i constantly refer to the fact that "dad, these people like me REALLY like guns." 

2) As for buying, which I would actually prefer to do because I hate renting anything, would be difficult.  I have very high credit, but coming to NH without a "real" job might not appeal to the banks.  Actually I am suppose to have an interview at a job in Plymouth which I mapped at about 25 miles from there, but it's a very very statist job.  :(

one of the big reasons I just want to start working for myself is to stay out of the state system, (the SSN, ID, all that crap)

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2010, 09:51:43 pm »

1) when trying to convince my dad to move to NH, i constantly refer to the fact that "dad, these people like me REALLY like guns."

Yeah, to put it mildly.  "Most heavily-armed place on the planet" would be another way to put it...

2) As for buying, which I would actually prefer to do because I hate renting anything, would be difficult.  I have very high credit, but coming to NH without a "real" job might not appeal to the banks.  Actually I am suppose to have an interview at a job in Plymouth which I mapped at about 25 miles from there, but it's a very very statist job.  :(

If you can make a larger downpayment, banks may be willing to finance it as an investment/vacation property, based upon your current situation and income.  I believe that typically requires 20-25% down, though.

A mortgage broker might have other notions, as well.

Joe

kyfornow

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 12:09:01 pm »

My dad said to tell people in the Grafton area or in NH in general, that he just acquired 2 Winchester model 37, red letter shotguns.  He said if people were gun savvy they would understand the nature of his purchase.

Personally i don't have the slightest clue!?! :P

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 01:22:23 pm »

Personally, my only interest in shotguns is defensive.  So I'd be more interested in a heavily-upgraded Saiga 12ga, or something similarly ugly-but-functional.

But there are a number of folks around who do the hunting/skeet/collectible thing.  The Model 37 was used during WWII, if I recall...

Joe

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2010, 04:10:43 pm »

Those are very nice shotguns.

What is the current status of the cabin?
"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2010, 05:04:05 pm »

The cabin is currently available.  The individual who had rented it had some work stuff come up that caused him to temporarily return.

If someone does decide to rent it soon, he will actually get some of his rent back (since he pre-paid for several months, and we can't ethically double-rent it).

Joe

LiftsBoxes

« Reply #44 on: April 20, 2010, 05:07:18 pm »

I might like to take a look at it.  Can you send me location info?

"Bother!" said Pooh as he chambered another round.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up