Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Immediate Enginnering Job Openings at my company in Manchester, NH!  (Read 3278 times)

Shuvom

Hello Freedom Fighters!

A great opportunity just came up today where I work.  An engineer who had previously accepted a job with us reversed course because his old boss offered him a promotion- so we've got a spot we HAVE TO FILL SOON.

The company, Computer-Aided Products, is a reseller of Solidworks, the most popular, mainstream computer-aided-drafting software in the world and of Dimension 3-D printers, which are like those replicators from Star Trek except everything is made from plastic. 

The company is an FSP'er dream to work for: there's only 12 people in the whole company, so there's no meaningless bureaucratic junk like large companies have.  Want to talk to your manager?  You only have ONE, and his cubicle is right next to yours.  Wonder what the CEO looks like?  That's him in the break room, making coffee.  Go say hi.  Want to improve a process?  "Go do it" is almost ALWAYS the answer! 

And honestly, the senior engineers at the company are so knowledgable about CAD, networking, FEA, you'll be working with recognized geniuses in the field.  And they're friendly, and willing to teach you!  It really is fun technology, crucial to almost any engineering endeavour.  And with the Dimension machines and associated 3-D scanners, we're literally getting close to Star Trek type abilities. 

The location is in Manchester, which is the beating heart of NH's economy and young social scene.  30 minutes from the capital Concord, 1 hour from the beach (went there yesterday), maybe 2 hours from the beautiful White mountains. 

I'd love to get some more Libertarian-types in there.  (Yes, 'more'!  We have a handful already, in just a 12-person company.  The engineering manager is one.)  But don't think you'll get the job just because you mention the FSP- in true Randian fashion, the job will go the most qualified.  So know something about Solidworks and 3-D CAD, know about how the engineering industry actually works, be willing to learn, kick ass in the interview, and you can be living in the Free State within a month!!!  A month!! 

Don't reply here, the job opeing is posted at: www.capinc.com/pages/about/careers.cfm

Any questions, home e-mail: shuvom@comcast.net, work: shuvom@capinc.com

Shuvom

Shuvom

Re: Immediate Enginnering Job Openings at my company in Manchester, NH!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 08:21:31 pm »

Forgot to tell you, when going to the link: http://www.capinc.com/pages/about/careers.cfm, you need to scroll down to the second red posting: "Solidworks Application Engineer". 

The first posting is an engineering/technician type position.  But you could apply for that too, if you've got a bit of gearhead in you! 

Shuvom
Pages: [1]   Go Up