Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Marijuana Laws In NH  (Read 24417 times)

time4hemp

Re: Marijuana Laws In NH
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2006, 01:22:24 pm »

When it's clear to me someone isn't doing the basic work (such as simple basic research via the internet), or just arguing for the sake of arguing, or as in this thread, whining about how they can't move because NH isn't free enough already (or too cold, etc), my patience runs out.

The terms of that list have an OR between (as in: When I see X OR Y OR Z, my patience runs out).  I did not say you (or anyone else) said all of them.

I never said NH is cold and all the other things people will say. I did say I was planning on moving.

Wasn't meant personally, please don't take it that way, which you seem to have done.  I did read your response as saying (in effect) "NH's drug laws are unacceptable to me andm y freedom, so I cannot move because of them."  If that isn't true, glad to hear it.

Keep in mind, I've seen many many people state lots of X, Y, OR Z (or A or B or C etc) type reasons over the years, and refuse to move as a result, so in general, when I hear someone listing the reasons they can't, my eyes start to roll.   We are the few, the proud, and that's sad, and shows how broken this country has become.

Sometimes I (we) forget how impersonnal the internet can make communication. I love the fact that strong minded people are making this happen. Like Brian said, my area is feeling more and more like a lost cause. While NH is looking more appealing than ever. I really do look forward to meeting more free state folks. I am not sure when we can make the move, but sooner than later seems like the direction we are heading.

I am a festival producer. Anyone have a big peice of land, or a venue to hold a FSP festival/event? Just a thought.

Oh and I agree. NY on one issue is freer than NH. NH is freer on most issues than most places. So I do get it. Just have to take my reality into account. But that will not stop me.

Thanks for everyones insight, comments and participation. We are all in this together.

Rob

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2006, 07:56:58 pm »

I love the fact that strong minded people are making this happen.
Yeah, to be an FSP early mover or F1K participant means you have to not just talk the talk but actually walk the walk... moving cross-country if need be. It's no wonder we're getting so many things done with such a small number of people here already!

I am a festival producer. Anyone have a big peice of land, or a venue to hold a FSP festival/event?
You mean like these two?
http://freestateproject.org/libertyforum/
http://freestateproject.org/festival/

time4hemp

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2006, 10:55:11 pm »

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2006, 06:51:28 am »

Oh, yeah!
I went to college in Madison, WI... the harvest fest was always SO amazing....!!

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2006, 10:07:16 am »

Toby in Keene has been talking about a 4/20 festival.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2006, 01:41:21 pm »

I am happy to help such an effort in any modest way I can.

Speaking of which... hey rocketman, where are those super-secret websites?

Rocketman

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Statism Sucks
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2006, 02:28:44 pm »

I am happy to help such an effort in any modest way I can.

Speaking of which... hey rocketman, where are those super-secret websites?

um, Keane?  ???  ;D

(for non-nhfree folks, that's an inside joke)

Seriously, JM said he'd have something for us soon -- feel free to call him and ask.
5/13/06: I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!  #401!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joshua Zachariah

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2007, 04:54:09 am »

What would really be nice is if we have full legalization of cannabis of ANY amount. I'm tired of the whole "small amounts" bull. What difference does it make if someone owns more than a pound of weed? While at the same time it is legal to own as much alcohol and tobacco as you want, two far more dangerous drugs!

We should set up a target time frame for cannabis and other drug legislation in NH. For example;

-Cannabis should be decriminalized and available for medical use statewide before 2008 (the sooner the better).

-Cannabis should then be completely legal (any amount) by 2009 (again, the sooner the better).

-Other soft drugs besides cannabis (such as LSD, Psilocybin, ect.) should be legal by 2010 (once again, the sooner the better).

-Other hard drugs besides alcohol or tobacco (such as cocaine, heroin, ect.) should be legal by 2015.

-Congrats NH! You have now (hopefully) got rid of all insane drug laws, in only 8 years!

And yes, other hard drugs need to be legalized eventually. Besides the fact that it is a basic natural right to ingest ourselves with whatever substance we  choose, alcohol and tobacco (hard drugs) are legal which is very hypocritical (alcohol and tobacco kill more people each year than even the hardest drugs!).

raineyrocks

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2007, 10:59:22 am »

We,http://www.plymouthliberty.org/, just had a meeting on legalizing marijuana last night and basically for right now I am going to try to inform people that it is not a bad thing to legalize marijuana.  In the discussion we had we pretty much agreed that we need to dispel people's fears (thanks to the media & society), of legalizing marijuana.

Whenever I've bought up a discussion with family members and friends a couple of their responses have been: 1. It leads to other drugs (the gateway theory) which believe me I've known plenty of people that are just happy smoking pot and have no interest in other drugs. 2. If it were legalized more people would smoke it and it could get out of control.  First of all, who's control and why does that word "control" enter almost every "anti mainstream" conversation? People are so used to being told what to do and how it should be done from birth (parents) to adulthood (government and society) it seems alot of people have lost the ability to think for themselves, doesn't it?
I would like to bring up the fact that crime rates (Amsterdam is a prime example) are lower in areas that marijuana is legal, if anything marijuana "mellows" people out and takes aggression out of the picutre, don't you think so?  I have to do some research so I can present great pro legalization points to people and I have a website (need to find it again) that makes excellent points. I will post it when I find it.
Anyways I hope this post makes sense I'm still trying to wake up! ;D

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2007, 11:04:48 am »

"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Joshua Zachariah

• Friend of the FSP
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2007, 06:55:33 pm »

We,http://www.plymouthliberty.org/, just had a meeting on legalizing marijuana last night and basically for right now I am going to try to inform people that it is not a bad thing to legalize marijuana.  In the discussion we had we pretty much agreed that we need to dispel people's fears (thanks to the media & society), of legalizing marijuana.

Whenever I've bought up a discussion with family members and friends a couple of their responses have been: 1. It leads to other drugs (the gateway theory) which believe me I've known plenty of people that are just happy smoking pot and have no interest in other drugs. 2. If it were legalized more people would smoke it and it could get out of control.  First of all, who's control and why does that word "control" enter almost every "anti mainstream" conversation? People are so used to being told what to do and how it should be done from birth (parents) to adulthood (government and society) it seems a lot of people have lost the ability to think for themselves, doesn't it?
I would like to bring up the fact that crime rates (Amsterdam is a prime example) are lower in areas that marijuana is legal, if anything marijuana "mellows" people out and takes aggression out of the picture, don't you think so?  I have to do some research so I can present great pro legalization points to people and I have a website (need to find it again) that makes excellent points. I will post it when I find it.
Anyways I hope this post makes sense I'm still trying to wake up! ;D

That is good.......but people will still try to use the gateway theory. Another argument (probably the best argument) is government prohibition being the gateway. The only reason why some people "move on" to harder drugs is because of the legal status of cannabis. There is a good chance that a drug dealer deals other drugs and this is how people sometimes get acquainted to other drugs.

Also bring up more dangerous legal drugs like alcohol and tobacco. For example, in the year 2001 alcohol was responsible for 75,000 preventable deaths and 2.3 million people lost years of potential life in the US alone (Not including 50% of all highway deaths and 65% of all murders);

http://www.cdc.gov/MMWR/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5337a2.htm

Tobacco on average kills 418,690 people each year in the US alone;

http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/research_data/health_consequences/mortal.htm

Cannabis related deaths are close to zero (the very few who have been reported to die while on cannabis were from accidents and not directly related to cannabis itself, and where intoxicated on alcohol). And yet these drugs are legal, and cannabis isn't. Even caffeine kills more people every year than cannabis ever has.

Important Myth: And contrary to popular myth, cannabis does not increase the chance of car accidents. Nearly all people that have been in an accident while on cannabis were also on alcohol or some other illicit drugs. Far more people die each year from alcohol-related car fatalities or even normal conscious car fatalities. Millions of people smoke cannabis on a normal basis and yet we don't see cannabis related accidents all the time in the media.....do we? If anything cannabis makes you more careful on the road as people generally are more cautious on cannabis. This is important to note when making the legal cannabis bill. People shouldn't be banned from driving while on cannabis, this will send the wrong message to people that cannabis is on the same level as alcohol. It is nowhere near as harmful as alcohol and may in fact decrease accidents on the road.

The bill passed should be: Cannabis legal for all people 18 and over. No amount limit, no driving restrictions, the only regulation for now should be the minimum age.

I personally am against minimum ages too though, especially when caffeine has no minimum age. But I doubt the bill will pass unless we have a minimum age, since people consider cannabis more like the regulated drugs (alcohol and tobacco) and not like unregulated drugs (like caffeine).

Here is another good source for cannabis myths (with citations);

http://www.drugtext.org/sub/marmyt1.html

raineyrocks

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2007, 09:09:28 pm »

Thank you Joshua, this gives me a great starting point.  Excellent! :)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2007, 10:37:22 pm »

Here's a "marijuana FAQ" from MPP:
http://www.mpp.org/site/c.glKZLeMQIsG/b.1986689/k.4CEA/Common_Questions_about_Marijuana.htm
And may I point out that Rob from MPP will be speaking at the Liberty Forum in 3 short weeks... get your tickets NOW.

dstringf

• FSP Participant
Penn and Teller
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2007, 08:56:55 pm »

I just started watching Penn and Teller's show "Bullshit" on DVD.  The series is great, dispelling myths and exposing con artists.  The episode on the War On Drugs is awesome.  It certainly got me fired up on this issue, and I don't have anything personal to gain from it as I don't partake.  I highly recommend we make our friends, neighbors, and lawmakers watch that episode.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2007, 01:07:35 pm »

The New Hampshire Coalition for Commonsense Marijuana Policy has been making huge strides in decriminalizing marijuana.
This issue "came out of nowhere" and has had enexpecctedly wide bipartisan support in the NH State House.
http://nhcommonsense.org
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up