Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome  (Read 32978 times)

Toowm

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: Welcome
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2006, 07:31:25 pm »

I'll be there, unless it's on the moon...
That's Liberty Forum XX - Mare Imbrium, New New Hampshire, 2027
toowm
Porc -- The Other, Other White Meat

Revmar

• FSP Participant
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2006, 10:28:05 pm »

Yes!!  Some of us just don't camp well.  I am so there!
You might also want to attend Porcfest next year. Did you realize that many of our attendees the last 3 years stayed in motels on site or in Lancaster?

I stayed in the motel on the site.  It was a little pricey, for me anyway, but I just don't like to camp so it was worth it.  Not bad as motels go and I wanted to be on grounds so I did not feel disconnected from the group.   I really liked having the little store on grounds also.

FreeBoB

« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2006, 07:54:48 am »

It was rather surprising and disappointing that the Rogers snack bar was NOT open for lunch and dinner!  And, only 2 hours 8-10am, for breakfast.  That was how I was planning to eat!   ???  I think I lost a couple of pounds though, so good came from it... 

CNHT

• Lower Taxes, Less Government, More Freedom!
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 09:44:29 am »

In Concord means that flying visitors still have to get a rent car. Maybe a shuttle service from the Manchester airport could be arranged.

Cathleen
Great idea... in the works!

There are plenty of folks in the Manchester area (I'm willing to bet) that would be willing to pick up people at the airport here if necessary, and drive them to Concord the first day and back again on the last day, myself included.

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2006, 10:37:37 am »

Hi all,

There is a second annual FSP event being organized, in addition to PorcFest. It is called

The New Hampshire Liberty Forum,
Attaining Personal and Economic Freedom in America's Freest State
[/size]

It will be a 3-day event in February 2007 (dates TBA) to be held at a hotel/convention center in Concord, NH.

Target audience:
- FSP Participants (out of state)
- FSP Participants (in state)
- Liberty-minded NH residents

Objective of event (listed in no particular order):
1.  To provide an opportunity for all Free State Project Participants (and Friends) to meet together in New Hampshire for social purposes, and to get firsthand New Hampshire experience.
2.  To provide an opportunity for New Hampshire residents to better understand the Free State Project, meet its Participants, and share a stake in its goals.
3.  Create an environment where everyone gets excited about the reachable common goal of creating a freer personal and economic State.
4.  Learn political action methods already being effectively employed in New Hampshire (i.e. Letters to editor, calls to Reps, testimony at the State House, use of media, etc.)

I just want to say that I am disappointed to see the #4 objective become the #1 listed on the Forum page and it morphed from objective to purpose as well.

Shouldn't the purpose be to showcase the state? The detail of political status or actions of people would be a by-product, no?

Cathleen

CNHT

• Lower Taxes, Less Government, More Freedom!
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2006, 11:09:55 am »

Hi all,

There is a second annual FSP event being organized, in addition to PorcFest. It is called

The New Hampshire Liberty Forum,
Attaining Personal and Economic Freedom in America's Freest State
[/size]

It will be a 3-day event in February 2007 (dates TBA) to be held at a hotel/convention center in Concord, NH.

Target audience:
- FSP Participants (out of state)
- FSP Participants (in state)
- Liberty-minded NH residents

Objective of event (listed in no particular order):
1.  To provide an opportunity for all Free State Project Participants (and Friends) to meet together in New Hampshire for social purposes, and to get firsthand New Hampshire experience.
2.  To provide an opportunity for New Hampshire residents to better understand the Free State Project, meet its Participants, and share a stake in its goals.
3.  Create an environment where everyone gets excited about the reachable common goal of creating a freer personal and economic State.
4.  Learn political action methods already being effectively employed in New Hampshire (i.e. Letters to editor, calls to Reps, testimony at the State House, use of media, etc.)

I just want to say that I am disappointed to see the #4 objective become the #1 listed on the Forum page and it morphed from objective to purpose as well.

Shouldn't the purpose be to showcase the state? The detail of political status or actions of people would be a by-product, no?

Cathleen

I agree with you Cathleen, especially since Concord is a more centrally located area from which to do this, than was Lancaster, which to me was basically for social fun.

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2006, 11:11:49 am »

Well the overall purpose is to get pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire.  How we manage that is the tricky part.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2006, 12:39:35 pm »

Did you notice the words "in no particular order" above that list?!?
I've changed the list to an UL from an OL on the webpage. Hopefully that helps.

Forastero

• It's like butter
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 12:10:48 am »

Damn, I wish I could make it.
Yeah, freedom baby, I love it!

mappchik

• FSP Participant
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2006, 08:39:28 am »

Have registered for the NH Liberty Forum, finished my room resv. and all that.

Now, have to make the decision on flying into Manchester or Boston.

Manchester -
Pro - I can take the shuttle being set up, according to the FSP/Liberty Forum Board.
Con - More expensive; fewer flight times. Still need car for exploring area.

Boston -
Pro - Less expensive flights; flexible scheduling.
Con - More driving.

I'll be flying in either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning. If anyone would be arriving in Boston about the same time, I'd gladly do the driving - for gas money & a cup (or 3) of coffee.

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2006, 09:54:28 am »

Now, have to make the decision on flying into Manchester or Boston.

Manchester -
Pro - I can take the shuttle being set up, according to the FSP/Liberty Forum Board.
Con - More expensive; fewer flight times. Still need car for exploring area.

Boston -
Pro - Less expensive flights; flexible scheduling.
Con - More driving.

Manchester is often NOT more expensive... not quite as many flights/airlines, but my experiences is that it's often within $10-15 of flying to Logan.
Be sure and check prices including a rental car (if you want one), in Manchester or Boston.  Manchester's cars are cheaper I think, and sometimes the bundle deal is less.  My wife flew to Portland Oregon recently and it was cheaper to bundle a rental car for a week and fly, than the flight by itself.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2006, 10:03:42 am »

Damn... along with everything else on my plate is to put up "how to get here" info on the LF webpage.
In a nutshell, SHOP AND COMPARE.
Manchester is both closer to Concord and much easier to get around in. However, it is often more expensive. Sometimes $50 more; sometimes $10 more, sometimes yes it is even cheaper.
With all the travel sites online, there's no excuse not to check a few options and take the one that's best for you.
Go capitalism! :D

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2006, 10:57:38 am »

Also SWA does fly to Manchester and does not fly to Boston  and they are often cheaper (depends where you are coming from).

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2006, 10:59:15 am »

SouthWest only flies into Manchester, and will not show up on sites such as Orbitz.  If you can fly SouthWest booking this far out could be very affordable.

Jet Blue only flies into Boston, and also doesn't show up on most airline search engines.  

I recall that the Manchester airport is subsidizing free bus service every 2 hours from somewhere in Boston (and another one a bit over a mile from where I live) to Manchester's airport for 6 months.  There are also airport bus services that would take you from Boston to Concord.  I believe Concord Trailways charges (as of now) $31 round trip from Logan to Concord, NH.  There are a couple of stops and it takes 2 hours.
http://www.concordtrailways.com/new_hampshire_bus_schedule.htm

You may be able to coordinate with someone renting a car if you are flying in around the same time as well.

mappchik

• FSP Participant
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2006, 11:06:30 am »

I've compared several from Atlanta - and am going to keep watch for the next Atlanta - Boston deal from Airtran.

SWA doesn't fly out of Atlanta, so I hadn't even considered them. But, if I drive to Birmingham, then fly to Manchester.....

Cheaper parking at the airport in B'ham AND cheaper car rental in Manchester. I think we might have a winner.

---
Denis -

You do not have to put up a how to get here page. We consumers will do just fine.  :P You just have to put up with us chatting about it as we share info. on various airlines, plans, deals. Just think of it as the free flow of information which accompanies your "shop and compare" capitalism.  ;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

anything