Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer Camp as site for 2007  (Read 17426 times)

katdillon

Re: Summer Camp as site for 2007
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2006, 04:20:38 am »

We've only looked at one so far.  There may be others with a store very close :)  Russell got a call yesterday from another camp.  Should be getting some quotes on the cost soon!

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 08:26:20 am »

I saw that Gunstock is on the list, and they have a store.

Gunstock looks good from their website, but of course I've never actually been there.

freedomroad

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2006, 11:27:42 am »

I saw that Gunstock is on the list, and they have a store.

Gunstock looks good from their website, but of course I've never actually been there.

Yeah, from what I hear they are the most popular and best campground in NH or something.  It is sup to look nice and is in a wondeful location.  Of course, there was never any doubt that is had a store/pub.  It is the girl scout camps that don't have stores with beer.  Gunstock has a lake and pool with a snack bar, a skate park, kayak and paddle boat rentals, there are even hiking and bike trails on site...

One thing Roger's has over it is showers in more than one location.

Gunstock is a little more expensive for camping, and a lot more if people want offical group meals on site.  Of course, we could do group meals at a near-by park for a lot less...

katdillon

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2006, 06:54:57 pm »

The boyscout camp with the firing ranges is $2000 for the week.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2006, 07:00:53 pm »

We will have to visit it in a day or two. 8)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Otosan

• FSP Participant
  • I'm ready to move, anywhere, anytime!
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2006, 07:09:42 pm »

As long as the cost is less than $23 a day, and I have a semi private area to pitch tent and a shower/ bathroom near by and there are hundreds....no thousands FSP there.....is ok with me...... ;D
"The perfect slave is the slave who thinks that he is free."
- [Unknown]
Taxes are the extra money we give the government to do  good things! (2nd grade Social Studies book)

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2006, 07:58:51 pm »

The boyscout camp with the firing ranges is $2000 for the week.

Well divided up that would be cheap.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2006, 08:18:29 pm »

As long as the cost is less than $23 a day, and I have a semi private area to pitch tent and a shower/ bathroom near by and there are hundreds....no thousands FSP there.....is ok with me...... ;D
What if it is $24? ;)

freedomroad

« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2006, 10:34:55 pm »

What if it is $24? ;)

$24 would be way more than either Rogers or Gunstock if we are talking about the per person cost.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2006, 12:49:34 am »

What if it is $24? ;)
$24 would be way more than either Rogers or Gunstock if we are talking about the per person cost.
Do you know what a ;) usually means on an online forum?

If we end up at this boyscout camp for anywhere near $2000 for the week, we will be saving tenters more than $100. :)

Maybe we could have something in June and September for those kinds of prices. (maybe Shorty would take over one of them) 8)

I will be getting all the details today.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 12:54:24 am by Russell Kanning »
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

katdillon

« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2006, 05:42:41 am »

Roger's charges $23-$25/day for a tent site.  I understand that Gunstock is $30/day.  It adds for for those of us who pay.

freedomroad

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2006, 10:33:52 am »

Roger's charges $23-$25/day for a tent site.  I understand that Gunstock is $30/day.  It adds for for those of us who pay.

Roger's charges $23 to $25 per day.  This allows 2 adults and you can have 4 adults for only $33.  Plus, if you buy 3 you get 2 free.

Gunstock is $25 to $30 per day.  This allows 2 adults and you can have 4 adults for only $37 per day.  So it is $9.25 per day if you are smart and don't mind sharing.  That is not expensive.

However, I agree with you and Russell.  I mean, $2000 for a week would be super cheap if it covered all of us.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2006, 02:11:54 pm »

The boy scout camp (Wanocksett)is pretty nice. The swimming area is great and has lots of boats. There are some cabins and other buildings by the lake. The amphitheatre has electricity and holds a bunch of people. The tenting sites are up the hill mostly and have rustic bathrooms with water. There is one showerhouse in the woods.

The YMCA camp (Takoda) is even better. It has tons of cabins and 3 showerhouses. It has a nice lake area and ballfields etc. They have a nice lodge lakeside with a big covered porch and movie screen. They have a really big dining hall and another building with a small stage. The only problem here is they have to decide if they can live with our drinking parties. I will be talking with them again next week.

Otosan

• FSP Participant
  • I'm ready to move, anywhere, anytime!
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2006, 07:12:57 am »

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
"The perfect slave is the slave who thinks that he is free."
- [Unknown]
Taxes are the extra money we give the government to do  good things! (2nd grade Social Studies book)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up