Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PorcFest 2007 Yahoo Group  (Read 2535 times)

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
PorcFest 2007 Yahoo Group
« on: September 09, 2006, 10:15:52 am »

It's becoming difficult to coordinate the conversations and ideas happening on the FSP Forum and the Yahoo Group. 

While an argument can be made for each to hold primary status, I am making an executive decision regarding the roles of these lists.

The Yahoo Group will be the primary means of talking about PorcFest business.  If you have an idea or constructive criticism, the Yahoo Group is the main place to put it.  The address of the group is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/porcfest2007/ .  Please join.  Even if you don't think you will or want to post, you'll be more abreast of the issues and news.

The FSP Forum will be the primary source for non-business related issues (e.g. organizing carpools, talking about what you plan/want to do in NH, etc.) and general public announcements about the Festival.  I (and others) will continue to check the Forum, but not as quickly or regularly as the Yahoo Group and threads on the Forum that I think should be discussed on the yahoo group will become locked with a message that this should be continued on the Yahoo group.

If this is a serious issue with anyone, please reply to me privately (rich1@umbc.edu) or publicly in this thread.  Thanks.
   -Rich

--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008

lloydbob1

Re: PorcFest 2007 Yahoo Group
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2006, 07:48:59 am »

Why does joining this group require approval of the moderator?

Rich Goldman

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2006, 08:17:12 am »

Mainly so I can know/see when someone joins.  Secondly, to prevent spamming.  Thirdly, to vet possible/known trouble makers (non-Porcupines, negatarians, etc. :-) from getting on.  This said, I've yet to deny anyone membership and membership is approved typically within the hour of the request.
   -Rich
--
Rich Goldman
Head Organizer, PorcFest 2007 & 2008

lloydbob1

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2006, 02:57:46 pm »

Practically instantly in my case!
Pages: [1]   Go Up