Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Summer Camp as site for 2007  (Read 17421 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Summer Camp as site for 2007
« on: July 02, 2006, 12:37:05 am »

We are looking at summer camps also for porcfest 2007. Let us know if you have one near you that is a good option. :D
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
Re: Summer Camp as site for 2007
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 04:22:29 pm »

The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 09:59:35 am »

Cedar Waters Village in Nottingham might be nice, but they don't allow singles.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 10:28:53 am »

Cedar Waters Village in Nottingham might be nice, but they don't allow singles.

No pets and no alcohol. That's more of a problem for us than the "no clothes" part. Well, by "us" I mean "me".  ;)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 06:57:44 pm »

We can have a whole girls scout camp in Antrim for $1400 a day. Just to give you guys an idea. 8)

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 03:42:43 am »

We can have a whole girls scout camp in Antrim for $1400 a day. Just to give you guys an idea. 8)

For that price, it better include "girl scouts" of legal age in skimpy uniforms.

lloydbob1

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 07:47:47 am »

For that price, it better include "girl scouts" of legal age in skimpy uniforms.

While I have no quarrel with Kevins suggestion, with only a 100 peole there it is only 14 bucks per person per day. That ain't bad.

freedomroad

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 09:54:27 am »

While I have no quarrel with Kevins suggestion, with only a 100 peole there it is only 14 bucks per person per day. That ain't bad.

You are right, Lloyd.  Russell, what does this camp offer?

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 12:31:00 pm »

Many buildings that are rainproof. 8)

Actually it would be cool if others want to check out the websites of the many camps that rent out their place.

They all seem to have their own lake. I think many people would like to rent cabins instead of tenting. :) They all have large buildings for eating and the like.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 12:32:37 pm »

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 08:38:08 pm »

247 sleeping places plus campsites for ~$1500 a day all together.  Could be a *touch* space limited if we pushed 500+ attendees for the fest (we might) but that'd be a whale of a deal...

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

freedomroad

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 08:41:14 pm »

247 sleeping places plus campsites for ~$1500 a day all together.  Could be a *touch* space limited if we pushed 500+ attendees for the fest (we might) but that'd be a whale of a deal...

V-

It would not be limited because some people from Nashua and Manchester and Keene and so on would likely drive to the camp for the couple days they found most useful and stay at home the others.  Plus, other people could stay with them.  Also, don't forget the motel crowd.  Plus, there are other near-by camp areas for those that want quite at night.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 07:30:32 am »

V-
Those are the enclosed sleeping facilities.  I see no mention on the page as to whether or not there are also places to set up tents.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 09:25:32 am »

I will be calling these camps next week. If any of you guys have preferences as to which ones are best, let me know. :)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up