Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Libertarian Ecovillage  (Read 16524 times)

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: Libertarian Ecovillage
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2008, 09:16:57 am »

FYI, a few folks are somewhat-seriously talking about building a libertarian intentional community in Grafton.  I'm expecting that there's a good chance we will be breaking ground on something next year, with how serious folks are sounding.

And that would be a libertarian community, unlike some others...

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2008, 10:36:07 am »

FYI, a few folks are somewhat-seriously talking about building a libertarian intentional community in Grafton.  I'm expecting that there's a good chance we will be breaking ground on something next year, with how serious folks are sounding.

Joe

If it ever becomes more than a post on the internet, maybe JaqEboy can come and pepper your thread with repetitive negative posts.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 10:42:39 am »

If it ever becomes more than a post on the internet, maybe JaqEboy can come and pepper your thread with repetitive negative posts.

Be hard to come up with anything negative to post about a libertarian group coming together to build a libertarian community.

Unlike certain anti-freedom groups.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2008, 10:59:14 am »

Be hard to come up with anything negative to post about a libertarian group coming together to build a libertarian community.

Unlike certain anti-freedom groups.

Joe

Yeah, the only criticism I can think to come up with is....that you're not doing it.  Other than that, it's great. 

Joe, you've made your point.  Multiple times.  At this point, you're just being an ass.

In any case, if they are all coming up with the rules in the community - which the people I've talked to say are not the same as you've described them -  on a voluntary basis, who cares what they are?  As long as the people voluntarily coming together can agree on them, it's none of your business.  This isn't the type of place I would live...which is why up till now I haven't been discussing anything on this thread...but SOME PEOPLE do want to discuss it.  Show some class and tolerance so that people interested in the project can discuss it without having the neighbor kid yell over the fence about how his club house will be so much better....when he builds it.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2008, 11:08:11 am »

Yeah, the only criticism I can think to come up with is....that you're not doing it.  Other than that, it's great.

Yeah, all the folks who are working on this are not doing it.

None of them are doing anything.

Exactly. ::)

Building an entire housing development is a large project.  Generally, it takes about 5-10 years.  If the folks with the money decide they are ready to start soon, I would expect that we can be done by this time, next year.

In any case, if they are all coming up with the rules in the community - which the people I've talked to say are not the same as you've described them -  on a voluntary basis, who cares what they are?  As long as the people voluntarily coming together can agree on them, it's none of your business.

This thread was specifically started to discuss a libertarian intentional community.  Not just any intentional community, but one friendly for libertarians.

This isn't the type of place I would live...which is why up till now I haven't been discussing anything on this thread...but SOME PEOPLE do want to discuss it.  Show some class and tolerance so that people interested in the project can discuss it without having the neighbor kid yell over the fence about how his club house will be so much better....when he builds it.

Um, that's exactly what Jack is doing.  The organization he's dealing with is not a libertarian group, and therefore is not related to the topic of this discussion.  Spamming other discussions is extremely low-class.

Joe

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2008, 11:13:58 am »

I didn't say THEY aren't doing it.  I said YOU aren't doing it.

If there's one thing I hate about some libertarians, it's this constant criticism of what everyone else is doing.  Every libertarian thinks s/he could do it sooooo much better and wants to say it loud and often enough that no one else can listen to anything but him/her. 

Debatatarians.  ::)  The greatest thing about the FSP is that we have a much smaller percentage of those types.  Most of the people we have get things done.

I'm done.  We now return you to your already scheduled witch hunt, already in progress.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 11:20:16 am by sjhipple »

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2008, 11:23:39 am »

I didn't say THEY aren't doing it.  I said YOU aren't doing it.

By that standard, few are doing anything.

How many here are single-handedly doing an entire major project, with no assistance or collaboration of any sort?

We are working on a project to build a libertarian intentional community.  We includes myself and several others, some in NH and some who have not yet moved.

If there's one thing I hate about (some) libertarians, it's this constant criticism of what everyone else is doing.  Every libertarian thinks s/he could do it sooooo much better and wants to say it loud and often enough that no one else can listen to anything but him/her.

I doubt you can find even a single example of me criticizing anyone for pro-liberty activism.  I even support the "we can fix the system" and "if we pretend the system is not there, it will go away" types, despite the fact that I consider both groups to be wrong.  If they are actively working for liberty, they can count on what support I have available to give.  Go bark up a different tree.

Joe

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up