Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Children's Activities  (Read 9738 times)

castle_chaser

Children's Activities
« on: April 15, 2006, 08:39:08 pm »

I am willing to help organize some children's activities. Anyone willing to work with me?

Another Kate  ;)

porcwife

Re: Children's Activities
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 10:28:26 am »

I too am willing to help with this, I have a huge background (working at zoos and nature centers) with nature/animal activities.  Is this what you were thinking?  Let me know your thoughts, I'm there Thursday night until Monday.
Best,
Jenn

castle_chaser

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 06:15:51 pm »

I too am willing to help with this, I have a huge background (working at zoos and nature centers) with nature/animal activities.  Is this what you were thinking?  Let me know your thoughts, I'm there Thursday night until Monday.
Best,
Jenn

Yes, some nature activities would be wonderful.  I think that the children will enjoy getting together for any activities that we care to plan.  I didn't really have any specific activities in mind. I am hoping that we can find several adults willing to share their skills and interests with the PorcFest Kids.

Do you want to lead a walk in search of wildlife or did you have another activity in mind?

Are you willing to lead your activity on Sat.?

Thank so much for being willing to share your skills  :)

Kate

NatureJ3NN

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 08:19:06 am »

Hi Kate,

Oh, I changed my screen name as my husband mentioned it sounded kind of crass.  So now I'm naturejenn.  We could do a walk, although I'll be almost 8 months pregnant at the time...don't know where we'd go exactly.  There wasn't tons on site as I remember.  I could do many activities.  I do want to be at some of the planned discussions...but I'm sure that there will be downtime in between.  We could even do some stream insect hunting!  That might be fun.  I'll start my brain thinking and let me know anything else you're thinking of!

Best,

Jenn

castle_chaser

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2006, 08:50:14 pm »

Hi Kate,

Oh, I changed my screen name as my husband mentioned it sounded kind of crass.  So now I'm naturejenn.  We could do a walk, although I'll be almost 8 months pregnant at the time...don't know where we'd go exactly.  There wasn't tons on site as I remember.  I could do many activities.  I do want to be at some of the planned discussions...but I'm sure that there will be downtime in between.  We could even do some stream insect hunting!  That might be fun.  I'll start my brain thinking and let me know anything else you're thinking of!

Best,

Jenn

Yes, I guess he's right, porcwife, heheeh. I didn't even notice.  ;)

Since you will be so preggo, we should plan your activity accordingly. Possibly in one place with a little less bending down. I think that we should try to keep the activities open to all ages, so something simple but fun for older kids as well would be great.  I hope you'll post some of your thoughts on this and at this point, since you are the first volunteer, you can choose any time Sat. that works for you.  Here is the schedule if you haven't seen it already.
http://www.freestateproject.org/festival/schedule/

I also plan to attend some afternoon sessions so my thoughts are if we can find several adults willing to do short activites through out the day then every adult is only giving a small amount of time and the kids have lots of fun. 

Thank so much and I hope you'll continue to help me, on this board, to find volunteers and help them plan their activities.

Kate

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 08:40:40 pm by castle_chaser »

castle_chaser

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 06:25:19 pm »

Is anyone willing to lead a PorcFest Kids activity about the Constitution and Bill of Rights?

Another Kate

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 07:26:30 pm »

I'll be happy to supply customers... ;D

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

castle_chaser

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 09:14:05 pm »

I'll be happy to supply customers... ;D

V-

Great, I'm glad to know that there are more PorcFest Kids that would be interested.  I know my 10 yr old would love to learn more about the Constitution and Bill of Rights.  I think PorcFest is the perfect opprotunity to encourage free thinking children and the adults that come along with them.

I am sure a knowledgeable adult willing to share an hour to teach our children about their rights will find this message and respond.

Kate

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 07:19:05 pm »

Mine might be a little young for the bill of rights details.  Their idea of rights might be "Congress shall pass no law prohibiting screaming at inappropriate times" ;)

V-  (dad to 4 and 5 year old kiddos - a *real* cat herder)

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

Toowm

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2006, 10:23:09 pm »

Ages 11, 8, and 8 would love it too - sick of hearing civics from mom and dad.
toowm
Porc -- The Other, Other White Meat

castle_chaser

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2006, 11:49:04 pm »

Mine might be a little young for the bill of rights details.  Their idea of rights might be "Congress shall pass no law prohibiting screaming at inappropriate times" ;)

V-  (dad to 4 and 5 year old kiddos - a *real* cat herder)

Love it!! I have a 4.5 year old as well, maybe we can set up the activity so that our little guys can enjoy and learn as well  ;) Although I think my 1.5 year old is out.

Kate

castle_chaser

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2006, 11:51:43 pm »

Ages 11, 8, and 8 would love it too - sick of hearing civics from mom and dad.

We'll have to get your kiddos and my eldest daughter together at PorcFest. They can spend lots of time talking about how much their parents drive them crazy  ;)

Kate

castle_chaser

PorcFest Kids Seeking Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2006, 09:33:59 am »

PorcFest Kids Seeking Volunteer

Looking for a informed adult to share an hour or so to lead a PorcFest Kids activity about the Constitution and Bill of Rights?

Kate

jeanius

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2006, 07:49:54 am »

I'm bringing my ds11, dd10 and ds4 (two boys uptick less than a month after the festival though!).

Castle_chaser and and NatureJ3NN, can I get you to email me?  I'd like to invite you to join the Porc Fest planning Yahoo group.  Plans are formalizing and active work discussions for the festival happen there.  Send a note to jalexander@freestateproject.org and I'll issue the invitation.

Thanks!

Jean
Assistant to the Pooh-Bah

castle_chaser

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2006, 04:49:39 pm »

I'm bringing my ds11, dd10 and ds4 (two boys uptick less than a month after the festival though!).

Castle_chaser and and NatureJ3NN, can I get you to email me?  I'd like to invite you to join the Porc Fest planning Yahoo group.  Plans are formalizing and active work discussions for the festival happen there.  Send a note to jalexander@freestateproject.org and I'll issue the invitation.

Thanks!

Jean
Assistant to the Pooh-Bah

e-mail sent  ;)

Kate
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up