Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's Coming to Porcfest for the 1st Time?  (Read 18080 times)

Free_Marketeer

• Ludwig von Mises Institute
Re: Who's Coming to Porcfest for the 1st Time?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2006, 12:00:49 am »

Welcome to the forum, Monica!  Rogers does have bathrooms and showers for campers to use.  I highly recommend you bring a pair of flip-flops for the showers though.

I camped last year (except for the cooking bit).  When I couldn't find a meal elsewhere I ate at Rogers' snack bar.  All I used for camping was a sleeping bag, a pad and a tarp.  It didn't rain, so I never bothered with setting up the tent.  YMMV.

YMMV?  Do they allow you to drive your automobile to the place where you pitch your tent?

Morey

• FSP Participant
  • just another ancap
    • Rant and Rave
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2006, 02:19:06 am »

Your mileage may vary, because rain is always a possibility.   Yes, you drive right into your campsite, so the car could serve as your tent if it came to that.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2006, 06:57:30 am »

If you're not into sleeping-under-the-stars, or want your own personal provate place to shower, Roger's campground also has motel rooms directly adjecent to the campground.

Rocketman

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Statism Sucks
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 10:40:12 am »

YMMV? Do they allow you to drive your automobile to the place where you pitch your tent?

Yeah, that's how it's done.
5/13/06: I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!  #401!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Revmar

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2006, 12:39:26 pm »

If you're not into sleeping-under-the-stars, or want your own personal provate place to shower, Roger's campground also has motel rooms directly adjacent to the campground.

I just made reservations at Rogers Motel.  A bit costly, but I've never liked camping.  What can I say, sure the stereotype for bikers is camping along the side of the road, but I'm over that.  My idea of camping is finding the cheepest motel along the side of the road.  It looks like the motel is near all the action so I can still stumble into my room after a long night of rabble rousing.   ;D

Me and Wille (Yes, my bike has a name) want a roof and a bed and indoor plumbing. 

Mark (wimpy biker)

Morey

• FSP Participant
  • just another ancap
    • Rant and Rave
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2006, 04:12:14 pm »

Me and Wille (Yes, my bike has a name) want a roof and a bed and indoor plumbing. 

You and me both, brother.  BTW, we do have a small biker contingent within the FSP.  You are most welcome to join the mailing list.

Revmar

• FSP Participant
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2006, 10:21:57 pm »

You and me both, brother.  BTW, we do have a small biker contingent within the FSP.  You are most welcome to join the mailing list.

Now that's cool.  I always marval that there aren't more freedom minded bikers.   Riding is all about the freedom of the open road,  That and bugs in your teeth!  I'd like to join the list.  Now, I've not signed the FSP agreement yet.  I want to check out the state before I commit to moving there.  As I mentioned somewhere else on these boards, it's not easy for an old (quickly becoming a greybeard!) biker to change carries after 25 yrs at the same place.  I'm the old dog that is slowly learning new tricks.  :)

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2006, 11:16:56 am »

I always marval that there aren't more freedom minded bikers.

HA!!!
As you can see from my picture, my license plate is "FREE-NH" and I have an FSP bumper sticker.
I commute between Concord and Nashua about 2x/week.
Hardly a week goes by that I don't get a "thumb's up" sign from some bikers, who invariably have:
a) no helmet
b) an American flag on their jacket and/or back of their bike

Bikers... you're going to love it here!

Insurgent

• FSP Participant
  • The Paradigm is the Enemy
    • Jeremy's MySpace--be my friend!
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 07:46:38 pm »

This will be my 3rd time going to PorcFest, but my first time as a NH resident. I'm fleeing Minnesota with a couple other Free Staters just in time for the festival  :D
"The Matrix is a documentary--deal with it"  (unknown)

"We change NOTHING until we change the way that money works" (Michael Ruppert)

"For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth, to know the worst and provide for it." (Patrick Henry)

FreeBoB

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 08:07:42 pm »

WOW!  ;D

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 09:01:38 pm »

;D 8)
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

dwebb5

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2006, 10:38:01 am »

I'll be ariving on Friday afternoon (hopefully).    ;D  I'll be there for a week June 23-30.
Lookin to share a campsite. Contact me if you have a space you care to share.  8)  David

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 02:03:58 pm »

It turns out that not one, but two of my cousins from the UK will be attending PorcFest this year!
They are brothers: John and Michael, and they've never been to New Hampshire before.

Michael is an avid bird-watcher and target-shooter. He is coming mostly to visit his new 2nd cousin (my son), but he may just be tempted to immigrate, once he gets a taste of NH Freedom.

John is a lawyer, a pro-freedom activist, and lives in London. He is committed to leaving the UK due to the loss of Liberty there. He is trying to decide between the Cayman Islands or New Hampshire as his destination. Come on, let's help him make the right choice! :D

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2006, 02:32:06 pm »

Denis,

Be sure to bring you cuz'a by in the north country.  If energy is in the bloodline, I'm certain they would both
be most welcome additions to our little band of "freedom fighters" in NH. :)
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 12:59:07 am »

It turns out that not one, but two of my cousins from the UK will be attending PorcFest this year!
They are brothers: John and Michael, and they've never been to New Hampshire before.

Michael is an avid bird-watcher and target-shooter. He is coming mostly to visit his new 2nd cousin (my son), but he may just be tempted to immigrate, once he gets a taste of NH Freedom.

John is a lawyer, a pro-freedom activist, and lives in London. He is committed to leaving the UK due to the loss of Liberty there. He is trying to decide between the Cayman Islands or New Hampshire as his destination. Come on, let's help him make the right choice! :D

Denis, when will your cousins be there? I'd be glad to take them shooting, and lend a holster and pistol so that they can enjoy walking around freely carrying a pistol in public.  ;D

My favorite rifles are British: Lee-Enfields. I plan to visit Enfield (NH) to take pictures with some of them.  :)

Kevin
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up