Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Who's Coming to Porcfest for the 1st Time?  (Read 18072 times)

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
Who's Coming to Porcfest for the 1st Time?
« on: April 10, 2006, 01:00:37 am »

I'm not always good at connecting screen names with real ones. I was just wondering who is coming this year, and hasn't been to a previous Porcfest.
I always look forward to meeting new people.

Neal Conner

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Republica Neo Hantoniensis
Re: Who's Coming to Porcfest for the 1st Time?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 08:57:16 am »

This will be my first time going to PorcFest, and in fact the first time I'll set foot in the Free State.
Currently I'm a student at the University of Florida, in Gainesville, where I study linguistics and foreign languages, and also run my libertarian student organisation.
And even though I'm from sunny Sarasota (which means I get to see FTL's Ian and Mark on a fairly regular basis), I'll actually be looking forward to the freezing cold weather.  ;D

I'm flying into Manchester on the 22nd, and I'll have to find a way to get to Lancaster as they won't rent cars out to anyone under 23. If anyone is headed up to Lancaster that day, and can offer me a ride (I'll pay for your gas), please let me know. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 04:48:46 pm by naconner »
"To get things done, you must love the doing, not the secondary consequences. The work, not the people. Your own action, not any possible object of your charity." – Howard Roark

Maarten

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 01:32:23 pm »

I am planning on being there, but I still have to figure out how to take care of transportation. I have been checking out the day I will fly to the US, and I see that a few days difference can make a huge difference in cost, so I might get there a few days early. I will probably arrive around the 20th, and I am planning to stay until somewhere in the beginning of july.

I have finally figured out everything I needed to know regarding visas and passports and stuff like that, so I got that obstacle out of the way for good. Now I just need to decide when to book my ticket for real. Will anyone be there at an earlier date than the festival, and if not, could anyone recommend a good place to visit in the preceding couple of days?

freedomroad

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 03:53:18 pm »

Will anyone be there at an earlier date than the festival, and if not, could anyone recommend a good place to visit in the preceding couple of days?

There was some talk about that on the New Hampshire Underground ( http://www.nhfree.com ).  I don't know if they are still doing it.  You should check out the thread, http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=1939.0

Revmar

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2006, 01:54:55 am »

Well, I'll be coming to the fest for the first time.  When I saw that I had some time off this summer I decided to visit a brother in Vermont, and when I realized that was just a snowballs toss away I'm timing the trip so I can be at the first weekend.

I've not signed up as a Free Stater yet, but this is my first step in that direction.

lloydbob1

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 08:07:33 am »

I've not signed up as a Free Stater yet, but this is my first step in that direction.

Easier than getting from VT to NH!

Soundwave

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 08:34:07 pm »

There is a possibility that I will be.
-Julia

freedomroad

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 01:22:52 am »

There is a possibility that I will be.

So it may be your 2nd time?  May I ask, what were you doing at the last Porcfest that you got so messed up, you do not even remember if you went?

Revmar

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 12:54:07 am »

Easier than getting from VT to NH!

Seems easy on the surface.  But changing jobs after 24 years at the same place; and possible changing carriers is a huge step for me.  More like getting to NH from, say, Bangladesh!

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2006, 07:22:21 pm »

Seems easy on the surface.  But changing jobs after 24 years at the same place; and possible changing carriers is a huge step for me.  More like getting to NH from, say, Bangladesh!

I have to admit, even I haven't traveled from Bangladesh to New Hampshire.  I can verify, though, that you can get to NH from several other third world countries  ;D

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

Slim

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2006, 06:58:52 pm »

This will be my 1st time in the free state and the first time going to PorcFest I was close to the Free state this week for my work I was in Mass and CT. I would love to finally meet some other people that joined the FSP. I heard about the Free State projet on National Public Radio a few years ago and it took me awhile to finally commit myself to this idea because I think of my word as a bond and I will do everything in my power to keep my word. I would like to meet you at Porcfest I will be the fat guy wearing a cowboy hat and probably wearing a tie dyed t-shirt. ;D
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.  -Stephen Hawking

FreeBoB

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2006, 09:13:26 pm »

Welcome Slim!

You'll have a great time at PorcFest.  I talk so much that I was hoarse by 2AM.   :o 

Brian

Free_Marketeer

• Ludwig von Mises Institute
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 09:16:03 pm »

This will be my first time camping.  Can anyone tell me if the basic tent camping experience includes a shower/washing facilities?  Many thanks...  BTW, I'm coming from Texas, and would be interested in carpooling with someone...

Monica
Houston

FreeBoB

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 09:31:38 pm »

Hi Monica,

It doesn't seem to say it on the Roger's website, but yes, there is a shower/sink/toilet facility available to the campers and tenters.  You can see it on the map.  It was perfectly adequate. 

Rogers Campground and Motel: http://rogerscampground.com/

See you at the PorcFest!

Brian

Morey

• FSP Participant
  • just another ancap
    • Rant and Rave
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 09:35:26 pm »

Welcome to the forum, Monica!  Rogers does have bathrooms and showers for campers to use.  I highly recommend you bring a pair of flip-flops for the showers though.

I camped last year (except for the cooking bit).  When I couldn't find a meal elsewhere I ate at Rogers' snack bar.  All I used for camping was a sleeping bag, a pad and a tarp.  It didn't rain, so I never bothered with setting up the tent.  YMMV.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up