Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I was thinking about joining the FSP  (Read 3465 times)

Commonplace

I was thinking about joining the FSP
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:28:19 pm »

But I noticed you said that people who are bigoted or racist should not join. While I am neither of those myself, I believe that people have a right to be bigoted and racist. Will the FSP work in suppressing that right, or is that statement merely a way to filter out potentially harmful candidates for the FSP?

freedomroad

Re: I was thinking about joining the FSP
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 11:15:08 pm »

Personally, I don't care.  Most of the people I know in my current state (TN) are racist.  As long as they don't use government force to enforce or encourage their sick thoughts, I don't care.  I look to racism like smoking.  They are both terrible things and I tell people to not do them on my property.  I think it is much worse to be a commie, for example.  I mean they want to steal all of the property on Earth and give it to their friends >:(  WTF!

If you know a racist that wants to join, tell them to keep it to themself.  I am pretty sure the FSP would kick out someone that said they were a FSP member and than made racist comments.  Either way, you can always move to NH and work for freedom with out joining the FSP.

David Wolfe

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 01:38:11 am »

I believe that people have a right to be bigoted and racist.

But people do not have an inalienable right to join the FSP.  Because they're so repugnant, racists, terrorists, and pedophiles would drive away more support than they'd bring in.

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 12:03:24 pm »

The government should not punish people for being bigoted or racist, but the FSP as a private organization does not want people who promote bigotry or racism to join.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 04:47:44 pm »

You can advocate NH secession though. 8)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 05:49:43 pm »

You can advocate NH secession though. 8)

... as long as it's not presented as an official FSP position.   8)

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 01:26:25 am »

The government should not punish people for being bigoted or racist, but the FSP as a private organization does not want people who promote bigotry or racism to join.

Does that mean the FSP has taken a position?  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up