Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP Table @ LP Nat Conv '06 in Portland?  (Read 4927 times)

Power Penguin

• LG Coordinator / First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I know where (some of) you live!
    • Protect your property from theft!
FSP Table @ LP Nat Conv '06 in Portland?
« on: March 25, 2006, 03:42:41 am »

What are we doing for this, guys? It needs to happen. There are too many LP higher-ups that scoff at/despise our movement and will exert their influence over others unless we get a foot in the door. I've talked to a few people about this via e-mail already, but let's open this up to public debate now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:54:38 am by Steve »
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?

Steve

• FSP Board Member
  • Administrator
  • La Vero vin liberigos
    • Elegant Solutions
Re: FSP Table @ LP Nat Conv '06 in Portland?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 07:03:36 am »

Do you mean FTL or FSP table? [now fixed]
You sent me a letter earlier asking about whether the FSP was planning a table, and you said that you would be attending.  Someone needs to call the LP and inquire about table availability and price, do you want to coordinate it?

http://www.lpconvention.org/vendors.shtml
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:55:10 am by Steve »

Power Penguin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 07:52:38 pm »

FSP, yet. Sorry about that. I was on the FTL forum right before I posted here, so I was still in the "Torgo-is-God" mindset I guess :). I have been in contact with a few guys about this already. Might it make sense for the forum admin to create a temporary thread for this purpose in order to make initial coordination and logistics easier?

Yes, I can call up the convention schedule/vendor people, but I will need specific info, as I have no idea what they would ask me about. Does anyone know off hand how much this will cost, if anything? I'm talking about for a booth proper not the delegate fees, etc ;) As soon as I can get the ball rolling on this,  I'll fill the forms and make the payments for the Convention.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2006, 12:55:31 am by Steve »
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?

Steve

• FSP Board Member
  • Administrator
  • La Vero vin liberigos
    • Elegant Solutions
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 12:56:25 am »

Morey Straus (Northern California) is also going to the LPNC as a delegate.

Power Penguin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 07:52:22 pm »

I know, I've talked to him about this via e-mail. Also, Tyler Riddle (triddle on the FTL forums) from near Vancouver, WA says that he can help one day. The questions we need to answer first and foremost are:

1. Who can participate and on what terms (which days, for how long, etc.)?
2. How many days do we want to run it for, assuming we get a choice? The convention runs for I think 5 days total, of which only 1 or 2 are actually delegate related (what I'm going to be there for/during).
3a. What kinds of materials are we going to have there, and how is it going to get in the right place at the righ time?
3b. Who has prior experience with this? For max. efficiency, someone who's done this kind of thing before should be there, ideally. Said person should at minimum run through the bascic principles with participants prior to "show time" to ensure that they know what they should be doing. I've done a good deal of this kind of thing myself in the past, but never for FSP and never at a political convention, so greater minds would be most apreciated!

Note: For whatever stupid reason, I am not aparently able to get on the existing "FSP Doers" Yahoo Group/mailing list. If there are no objections, I will go ahead and create a dedicated mailing list on my own server for this. This will happen later this week (the sooner the better). I the meantime, please e-mail me at shavedporcupine@nodns.org with questions/confirmations/suggestions/etc.

As soon as I get this basic information, I can call the organizer people @ the LNC/hotel and get us a spot. Does anyone know off hand how much this will cost, if anything? I'm guessing that they will be charging some kind of fee for this...

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 11:45:53 pm »

2. How many days do we want to run it for, assuming we get a choice? The convention runs for I think 5 days total, of which only 1 or 2 are actually delegate related (what I'm going to be there for/during).

This is something the LP can tell you.  You send them an email saying, "Hi.  I am X for organization x.  I am interested in running a table at your convention.  Please tell me the costs and how many days may I have a table for.  Also, what time do I set-up on the 1st day?"

From the website (http://www.lpconvention.org/vendors.shtml), my guess is, not even 2 full days for tables.  Also, I am guessing that Morey is organizing this table and would like you to help as much as you can on both days.  At this point, I would not worry about it.  This is still months off and it looks like a very easy thing to do.

Morey

• FSP Participant
  • just another ancap
    • Rant and Rave
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 01:34:49 am »

Also, I am guessing that Morey is organizing this table and would like you to help as much as you can on both days.  At this point, I would not worry about it.  This is still months off and it looks like a very easy thing to do.
;D  I do welcome PP's enthusiasm and willingness to volunteer.  We'll get it sorted.

CivilianJones

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 10:18:04 am »

Hey,
I'm not *actually* signed up for the Free State Project, since I have 3 more years of college and things may change.  But I could lie about that  ;D, since I'm really excited about what's happening with the free state project, and think it's the best chance at success the libertarian party has.  And I listen to FTL like babies suckle on breasts.

I live in Lake Oswego (a suburb of Portland), and will be able to drive there.  One question- will I need to pay an entry fee to man the booth?  And how many people are we going to have manning the booth at a time?
(I also know two high-school juniors who could help out.)

freedomroad

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 10:21:06 am »

One question- will I need to pay an entry fee to man the booth?  And how many people are we going to have manning the booth at a time?

Of course, I have nothing to do with this, but...I would be shocked if they charged you to just man the booth.  I doubt there would be any need for more than 2 people to man the booth at a time.

Also, what does you still having 3 years of college have to do with you not joining the FSP?  I don't see the relationship.

Morey

• FSP Participant
  • just another ancap
    • Rant and Rave
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 10:26:56 am »

Also, what does you still having 3 years of college have to do with you not joining the FSP?  I don't see the relationship.
More to the point, CJ, you do realize that the original SoI asks you to move within 5 years of reaching 20k signers.  Not being able to move for a couple (or several) years should not be a deterrent from making the pledge now.  :)

CivilianJones

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 10:31:31 am »

Well, I may see a job opportunity that's somewhere else besides NH, I may be abducted by aliens... that kind of thing.  It's a pretty big commitment, and I'd like to keep my life-options open. 

Yeah, you make a good point.  Actually... that's a really good point, I would have alot of time to be flexible with.  I'm going to mull it over a bit more.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 03:02:55 pm »

Speaking of Portland.. when you're in the area and you're not busy, do consider calling the local stations:

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=4287.0
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Power Penguin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 12:53:17 am »

Civilian Jones, there's another person close to portland ("triddle") who offered to participate. The official info is that there is 2 days of vendor stuff, so we should divide up responsibilities (IMHO) in the following way:

1st: Determine how many people for sure want to help. Divide up time-slots evenly.
2nd: From there, make fine-tuned adjustments based on personal circumstances.

I will be there both days, but will not be available when delegate related sessions are going on. This may or may not effect the vendorizing, I'm not sure. Morey would know mor than I.

CivilianJones

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 12:22:55 am »

Cool, triddle is a good person.

I sent a reply email to Morey who's doing some organizing and told him that I'd be willing to help out on Saturday (I'll be vacationing on sunday).  Would you be Morey, penguin?

And I won't be a delegate- so I can hold the fort while you're in sessions.

Morey

• FSP Participant
  • just another ancap
    • Rant and Rave
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 12:50:53 am »

He's not me.  He's him.  I'm me.
 ;D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

anything