Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Why Should We Move To YOUR Town?  (Read 8140 times)

anticorp

Why Should We Move To YOUR Town?
« on: February 19, 2006, 03:54:01 pm »

(I hear Ya Pinkbunny)  ...  Congratulations to the hundreds who have made the leap, we're all hoping there's thousands more waiting in the wings!  For many this is one of the biggest decisions of a lifetime, not just a matter of principle, and these good potential neighbors may need some practical help.

Maybe the reason the flow into NH is still only a trickle is that a lot of folks, though they love the idea, are not yet convinced (enough to uproot their lives) that it'll all be worth it!  Tepid as that might sound to the hardcore ... the bottom line is, this effort needs to start seeing some real numbers!

So tell us:   Why should we move to YOUR town?
A rich soul is not one who has much ... but one who needs little!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Why Should We Move To YOUR Town?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 08:57:49 pm »

Because the statists in your town are just.... that..... bad. 8)

I recently heard that one potential mover was dissuaded because of the bugs in NH. If that is enough of a deterant ..... then you are probably not ready to free yourself.

If you want to be encouraged by fellow freedom activist then NH is the place. If you like small cities, then Keene might be the place for you. If you are ready to be a Son of Liberty, then we look forward to your arrival in our corner of the Free State.

If you want to keep up with Keene affairs, check out our papers website.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

freedom's ideologue

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
    • Caleb for Congress
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2006, 10:35:46 pm »

Yeah.  I had a good friend of mine tell me that he would move, "If I were younger ..."  He's 39.   ::) 

I think if we just keep doing stuff in NH, that will excite people and they will want to move.  I'll give you that.  It's hard to get excited about moving across the country if you don't think anything positive is going to happen.  We're working hard on that, both in the civil disobedience arena and in the political arena.  So whatever suits your fancy, we've got it going on.  Sometimes the problem is that people coming to this site just aren't aware of what is going on here in NH.

Caleb
We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And I will make them pay for what they've done. - Jean Luc Picard

FreeBoB

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 11:22:44 pm »

I'm sitting here tonight with my NH map on my desk, comparing towns with online population and tax facts (again). Next I've got to drive these towns again and Spring and Summer trips are planned.  ;D  Also, I'll be cleaning and painting my property and getting it ready to sell (I feel like I should warn an out of state purchaser about how horrible it is to live here....well, maybe I won't)

I've been a frustrated libertarian in a progressive college town for a long time. They just jacked up my school tax 46%  :P  My state and local taxes will drop an estimated $5-7,000 in the first year alone after moving to NH.  NY sucks - see signature.  Finally I have a place to go where I am more respected as an individual.  And, I'm so excited to be a part of this whole thing!  Liberty activists all over the world have their NH maps out.

The snowball is still up near the top of the hill, but it rollin'  8)

Brian 

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 07:39:07 am »

You can go crazy with all the tax comparisons. Smaller towns ..... farther away from the big cities will have lower priced real estate and generally lower taxes and rules.
I recommend finding the cheapest real estate and then ignoring their rules and taxes. I think it is wrong to support this evil government. Free the Children!!!!!
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 08:03:50 am »

Personally, if I were still a DC resident, I'd be doing intentionally what we did accidentally: finding a town that's right on the cusp, politically.  Our town is also small enough that they were excited to have new folks come in, and we've been offered more opportunities to get involved with the community than we can actually take.  There are any number of places that fit that description; the task is finding the right one for you.

I've always wanted to do this thing by earning my neighbors' trust first and foremost, and we're getting the chance to do that here.  Once you're not just some flatlander asshole, but a person who can be counted on to help, your opinion is worth much more.
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 03:37:10 pm »

you're not just some flatlander asshole, but a person who can be counted on to help, your opinion is worth much more.
;D ;D

I was just 'outed' as a Freestater.  Not that I ever hid it.   Then a woman came up to me and said... 'Can we get a dozen more to move to our town.'

Come friendly, keep your mouth shut for 6 months or so and you will find out who your allies are in town.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2006, 04:55:37 pm »

You got it Dreepa! :)  Come quietly, show some interest, and most of all raise your hand when volunteers are asked for.   Big town, little town, north, south, east, or west, you will be welcomed, and appreciated as the good neighbor that your are working to become.

Throw away your diagrams, and pie charts, find a place that you believe you and yours will be comfortable.  Think with your gut, not your damn logical brain! ???  Think about it?  Has that brain of yours ever really made you happy! ;)

Stop making it so damn difficult! :P  It's easy, just do it! ;D
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

freedominnh

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 01:43:35 pm »

Count the times you have moved over your lifetime.  It may not be that bad.  You can sell nonessential and non-sentimental stuff to get it all in one large truck. Ideally with in one hour of wherever you choose will be decent employment.  The southern tier almost guarantees this, although the real estate prices are higher.  Lonza bio-medical is hiring 250 to 400 more people at the Pease Tradeport in Newington on the seacoast.  Time may never be better to make the move to New Hampshire, town by town, county by county ---yeehaw.... 

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 10:07:57 am »

Why should you move to my town (Deerfield)?

I'm there  ;)   (will be soon anyway)
Otis is there!
A couple current members of the Minnesota LP Executive Committee will be moving there this month.
Don Gorman is there.

Its a relatively short commute to either Manchester or Concord. About 40 minutes from the seacoast.

The big expensive school was just voted down.

There's two large parks nearby.
There's some nice lakes.

There's even a couple of buildable lots on a lake here. One of which would make you my neighbor!
http://www.nneren.com/nneren_frame/view2.php?id=256575&ref=q&price=$165,900.00&t=  (be my neighbor! More info at http://forum.soulawakenings.com/index.php?topic=3338.0)
http://www.nneren.com/nneren_frame/view2.php?id=223914&ref=q&price=$119,900.00&t= (close by)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 11:13:34 am by Ron Helwig »
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 10:44:44 am »

A couple current members of the Minnesota LP Executive Committee will be moving there this month.
Cool.

It would be great if you and the members of the LP exec committee would sign the First1000.

www.pledgebank.com/first1000

lloydbob1

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 11:10:22 am »

...and then inform all the other state LP's about it

Ron Helwig

• FSP Participant
    • Shire Silver
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 01:58:37 pm »

Cool.

It would be great if you and the members of the LP exec committee would sign the First1000.

One of them was apparently the 21st person to sign.

I can't sign it because of the "but only if 999 other liberty minded individuals will too" clause. I'm already here and wouldn't move back.
Are you a Next 1000 liberty activist?

Rebuild the precious metal economy with Shire Silver

freedomroad

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 01:59:47 pm »

Cool.

One of them was apparently the 21st person to sign.

I can't sign it because of the "but only if 999 other liberty minded individuals will too" clause. I'm already here and wouldn't move back.

humor is lost on this forum.

maverickthree

• LibertyDistricts2008
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 07:21:47 pm »

Above all, remember that you are pioneers!! It's time to step "out of the closet"!! Wear those
porcupine costumes proudly as you meander around your property or go down to Main St. to shop! :)
Evil men rule when good men do nothing.

Those with the best information are most likely to succeed.

Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. And moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.
          ----Barry Goldwater
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up