Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Any activities planned?  (Read 33877 times)

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
Re: Any activities planned?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2006, 04:10:10 am »

I'll be contributing arms and ammo and instruction to any shooting events that take place. (I'll let others bring targets. UN flags and blue helmets are always appropriate.)

We'll be spending our 10 (or so) days in-state doing a lot of town reconnaissance, but we'll try to work in the organized activities, too. We want to make a hike or two, and a drive up Mount Washington. We want to finally meet the friends we already know, and those we don't yet know.

Most of all, we want to breathe deeply of Freedom, and we figure it smells best in the fresh air of the White Mountains.

The aforementioned "fresh air" hanging heavy with beer, barbecue, and gunpowder (as well as the occasional illicit substance), would only enhance the scent of Liberty. The whiff of freshly-printed Bureacrash shirts will just be lagniappe.

As for the morning icechest... I'm an old pro. One of my Theta Chi brothers (Eta Sigma chapter) had the gall to point out that this year marks the 25th annual "Richland Rampage"; this makes me feel very old, since I was present at the very first Rampage. Since our chapter is no longer active, Richland is an alumni campout/party/reliving-our-youth event. (Or, as my wife says, 40 middle aged guys staying drunk and burning meat for a week. As if the distinction matters. Whatever.)

Having decades of experience (even if it's just a few days at a time), I have to admit the wisdom of the 24/24 rule: "24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I think not!" If I'm camping out with my brothers, no cares, no worries, then having a bloody mary with a big breakfast, then popping my first top by 10 a.m., is perfectly reasonable.

Maybe I need to teach PatK some lessons.  ;D

Kevin

Otosan

• FSP Participant
  • I'm ready to move, anywhere, anytime!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2006, 07:01:02 am »

MY planned Activities.

1. wonder the campgrounds to see some of my old friends from the years past, and meet new friends for years to come.

2. hhhmmm.... I think #1 will take up all my time..... ;D

3.  remind Lloyd that we have met at the last 2 porcfest....again and again and again...... :P    ;D ;D
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 07:03:52 am by Otosan »
"The perfect slave is the slave who thinks that he is free."
- [Unknown]
Taxes are the extra money we give the government to do  good things! (2nd grade Social Studies book)

lloydbob1

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2006, 11:06:20 am »

MY planned Activities.

1. wonder the campgrounds to see some of my old friends from the years past, and meet new friends for years to come.

2. hhhmmm.... I think #1 will take up all my time..... ;D

3.  remind Lloyd that we have met at the last 2 porcfest....again and again and again...... :P    ;D ;D
But, George, you were one of the few people I recognized from 2004, even if I couldn't hang a name on you.

lloydbob1

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2006, 11:08:11 am »

We don't "Binge" drink. We just have a nice steady flow.  ;D

Nothing like waking up, opening your cooler and still seeing ice in it.  Beer is good in the morning  ;)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2006, 11:17:56 am »

Nothing like waking up, opening your cooler and still seeing ice in it.  Beer is good in the morning  ;)

I was in Belize a while back and asked for Tea with my breakfast.  They had no tea.  I asked for OJ.  They had no OJ.  I asked for apple juice.  They had no apple juice.  So I said Fuck it I will have a beer.  The waiter said if you drink beer with breakfast then you drink for free.  It was a long day. ;D ;D

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2006, 02:28:34 pm »

Well KB at my first Porc Fest we drank till the Sun came up over the mountains, then cleaned up and went to bed.

If you can do that and still pop back up at 10 am drinking beer, you are a better man the me. ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

freedomroad

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2006, 02:36:32 pm »

Well KB at my first Porc Fest we drank till the Sun came up over the mountains, then cleaned up and went to bed.

When you say clean up, do you mean throw-up ;)

brontus

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2006, 03:51:19 pm »

My great-grandfather had a saying whenever someone offered him a beer: "no thanks, pour mine back in the horse."  The only beer I've ever been able to stomach the taste of was Franziskaner.  A bit ironic considering my sig line, but I'll take liquor over beer any day.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
 -- Ben Franklin

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2006, 05:07:08 pm »

When you say clean up, do you mean throw-up ;)

Nope I mean clean up the massive amount of empty bottles.

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Bald Eagle

• Is it time yet?
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2006, 05:17:23 pm »

Um, you guys ARE aware that they make some really good coffee-flavored beers that will naturally have caffeine in them, don't you?  Cap City used to have a brew called "Fuel."  

As for going to bed at sunrise and then resuming drinking by 10 am, it's not that there are better men, it's that there are more of them.  It's called teamwork.  Ya drink in shifts and the woosies who passed out early drag the still-sleeping girly-men out of their tents and loudly insult their manhood until the first beer is emptied.  Thus balance is preserved and Nature's cycle of drinking, eating, urinating, and sleeping begins afresh.

Having recently visited cousins behind communist New Jersey's Iron Curtain, I can see wisdom in Brontus' preference for liquor.  After a bit of JD, I was introduced to the delights of BlackJacks.  A little over half Jack Daniels and a little under half of blackberry brandy.  I think we polished off 3/4 of the bottle of JD.  Though "The only beer I've ever been able to stomach the taste of was Franziskaner." makes me wonder if he's ever tried nectars such as Fuller's ESB, or Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale.

And what's this "breakfast?"  You're supposed to gorge yourself with enough greasy burgers, gyros, salty fries, and snack food the night before that the body is well supplied with nourishment until it's time for the first truly proper meal of the day - lunch.

Bill

lloydbob1

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 06:38:49 pm »

Ney!  Even if it doesn't occur untill 3 PM, my first meal has to be something breakfasty, Eggs or something I can float butter and syrup on.

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2006, 06:48:13 pm »

Ney!  Even if it doesn't occur untill 3 PM, my first meal has to be something breakfasty, Eggs or something I can float butter and syrup on.

Put maple syrup on a hotdog!

Man, do I have to think of everything around here?!

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2006, 07:19:30 pm »

I quit drinking Jack many years ago and found that I no longer get black eyes or busted knuckels.

I even resisted temptation at last Porc fest when Tim Condon gave me a very large bottle of Jack to hold as we drove around the campground rallying Porcs to the circle of liberty.

brontus

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2006, 09:45:32 pm »

Having recently visited cousins behind communist New Jersey's Iron Curtain, I can see wisdom in Brontus' preference for liquor.  After a bit of JD, I was introduced to the delights of BlackJacks.  A little over half Jack Daniels and a little under half of blackberry brandy.  I think we polished off 3/4 of the bottle of JD.  Though "The only beer I've ever been able to stomach the taste of was Franziskaner." makes me wonder if he's ever tried nectars such as Fuller's ESB, or Sam Smith's Nut Brown Ale.

And what's this "breakfast?"  You're supposed to gorge yourself with enough greasy burgers, gyros, salty fries, and snack food the night before that the body is well supplied with nourishment until it's time for the first truly proper meal of the day - lunch.

Funny, because I do live behind the Garden Curtain.  But I don't touch Jack any more after I drank half a liter of it on my 21st birthday and got sick.  I'll take a little scotch now and then but no more Tennessee whiskey for me.  I stick mostly to rum and So.Co. now.  I haven't had ESB or Nut Brown Ale, could you describe the falvor to me?  Part of my problem is that my friends love to drink the cheap garbage like Coors and Blue Ribbon.  But I tried another German wheat beer based on the fact that I liked Franziskaner, but I didn't like that at all.

Breakfast is last nights stack food that you're still eating, or has been replentished over the night.  I've got fond memories of having parties where we drank for 4 hours, then walked to the convience store for hoagies, came back and then ate the hoagies and finished off whatever alcohol we had left.
"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"
 -- Ben Franklin

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2006, 10:31:16 pm »

Hey y'all.  Just wanted to let you know that I'm not ignoring either this thread or any emails that might have come my way in the last week.  I've been out of town (still am, actually), and have had about a second and a half to get online.  Rest assured, when I get back home I'll spend the weekend going through the forum and my email accounts and getting back to everyone. 

On this particular topic, I'm quite open to activity ideas, and would be more than happy to take suggestions.  Get posting. ;)
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up