Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chili cookoff  (Read 5447 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Chili cookoff
« on: January 18, 2006, 05:05:25 pm »

Ward ..... do want to plan some sort of chili cookoff at porcfest?
Maybe we could hold it before or after the big weekend.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: Chili cookoff
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 08:06:49 pm »

I will volunteer to taste the Chili.  ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 09:51:19 pm »

Well, it's pretty much a given that I'll be cooking chili.  A cookoff?  Are there any other arrogant and self-confident chili chefs going to be attending?  I won't hobble myself with ICS or CASI time limits, though the rest of their rules are OK in that they forbid chili to contain beans or other filler.

I'm busy studying the (NH RSA) rules about selling the stuff there as well.  Seems that there about as many restrictions about selling food at a temporary event as there are for selling from a fixed location.  So if nothing else, there will be a donation jar (and a donation ice chest).
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 10:38:42 pm »

Cool Beer for Chili  swaps.  ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 10:40:20 am »

It could also be more of a chili celebration.
You could choose the day and time and organize it.
You could charge money this time to cover your costs and raise money for the LSFund.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

mattbarney

• FSP Participant
  • Focused on freedom
    • Matt Barney's Personal Page
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 11:58:51 pm »

...let methane ring ;)

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 08:33:50 am »

Matt, I do not put beans in my chili.  Beans are made available on the side for those who wish to add bulk or mellow the heat.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

libertyhound

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2006, 02:19:55 pm »

Ward you can count on me for an addition to the donation ice chest. (just don't tell Lisa where it came from ;)

Recumbent ReCycler

• Live free or die fighting for freedom!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 01:54:44 am »

Mmm, chili...That chili I ate last year at the porcfest was really good.  ;)

freedomroad

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 04:52:33 pm »

This needs to be listed as the #1 Porcfest activity for Friday, Sat, and Sunday.  You better have lots of chili  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up