Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Board opening  (Read 51348 times)

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Board opening
« on: January 01, 2006, 02:50:46 pm »

The FSP Board of Directors has established a group to elect a new Director
to fill the slot vacated by Adam Rick in October. This group consists of
the coordinators and organizers of the FSP, everyone mentioned on this
page:
http://freestateproject.org/about/organization.php

Anyone who is a participant and of the age of majority in Nevada (18) is
eligible to run. Submit your candidacy to me by January 7; the
coordinators will then vote, and the results will be announced after
January 10.

If you meet the eligibility requirements and have the time, energy, and
temperament for the job, please consider running for the open Board seat.

Evan Nappen has also just announced his departure from the Board to better
manage his business and family transition from New Jersey to New
Hampshire. The Board expects to elect a candidate to this spot at its
January meeting.

Thanks for your consideration!

Jason Sorens, Chair
Board of Directors
Free State Project, Inc.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

freedomroad

Re: Board opening
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 04:19:33 pm »

The FSP Board of Directors has established a group to elect a new Director
to fill the slot vacated by Adam Rick in October. This group consists of
the coordinators and organizers of the FSP, everyone mentioned on this
page:
http://freestateproject.org/about/organization.php
Evan Nappen has also just announced his departure from the Board to better
manage his business and family transition from New Jersey to New
Hampshire. The Board expects to elect a candidate to this spot at its
January meeting.

So there are two seats open?  Does this mean all you have to do is get 2nd place to get a board seat?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 04:42:04 pm »

So there are two seats open?  Does this mean all you have to do is get 2nd place to get a board seat?

No, the vote is just being held for one seat for now. For the other seat we expect to make a selection through the normal process.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 07:12:24 pm »

I nominate Sandy (aka Friday) and Dave (aka Dada).

That temperament clause leaves out some of us ........ besides I think that Steve Cobb has a 7,000 mile restraining order against me. ;)

Maybe Ian (FTLive) could be on the board ..... he would shake things up a bit. :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 11:56:42 pm »

What are the responsibilities of the Director position?
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 02:23:05 am »

I nominate Sandy (aka Friday) and Dave (aka Dada).

That temperament clause leaves out some of us ........ besides I think that Steve Cobb has a 7,000 mile restraining order against me. ;)

Maybe Ian (FTLive) could be on the board ..... he would shake things up a bit. :)

I don't think you can nominate people.  I think it is self-nomination.  I don't think anyone on that list would vote for Dada.  Friday and Ian seem like they would do well, though.  Ian doesn't have a job, so he should have no problem making the meetings  ;)

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 08:51:04 am »

In the spirit of suggesting people who'd be great, I'd like to ask Lloyd Danforth to run.  He's smart, reasonable, and obviously cares about the FSP.  Lloyd, if you'll do it, you have my vote.
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2006, 09:45:14 am »

In the spirit of suggesting people who'd be great, I'd like to ask Lloyd Danforth to run.  He's smart, reasonable, and obviously cares about the FSP.  Lloyd, if you'll do it, you have my vote.

I'm in agreement...and if you decide to run Lloyd, you have my vote also. :)
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

lloydbob1

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 10:46:46 am »

Thanks, but, I have no organizational skills.  I don't even know what a director does.

jeanius

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 12:54:29 pm »

Well, being organized isn't a requirement to be on the board!  ;)

The board exists to set overall strategy for the organization including, for instance, annual goal setting.  We also are entrusted with appointing officers and evaluating their performance.   We need to approve the budget annually and approve any expense over $500.  And, of course, we also help the FSP in its goals in whatever ways we can, sometimes in operations (reporting to the officers and coordinators in charge), sometimes by publishing and/or networking with other freedom oriented groups, etc. 

You can read more about the board's role by reviewing our Bylaws http://www.freestateproject.org/about/corpbylaws.php

I wanted to clarify too, that the folks who get to vote are the board, the organizers and those on our current org chart.

Jean

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 01:37:33 pm »

That is funny .... because Kat was just wondering this week why the fsp had never asked Lloyd to be on the board.
I vote for Lloyd too. 8)

He is qualified ..... I heard him use the phrase "The fsp is just the bus" once.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 01:46:13 pm »

Thanks, but, I have no organizational skills.  I don't even know what a director does.
That is why we let chicks on the board ..... we call them "secretaries" and they keep track of stuff. :)

jeanius

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 03:34:12 pm »

slap slap!

Consider yourself challenged.  Water balloons at 20 paces at Porc Fest!

;D

Jean

freedomroad

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 04:11:46 pm »

That is why we let chicks on the board ..... we call them "secretaries" and they keep track of stuff. :)

Didn't you used to do this for the FSP?  Is there something you are not telling us about your past?  :o

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 04:52:04 pm »

Oh no .... waterballoons. I will have to make sure our campsite is uphill from your RV so I will have some advantage to make up for your supporting cast of young waterballon warriors.

I haven't been a secretary on any board in my life ..... I can't take all the Roberts rules of order stuff.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up