Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Seditious Ramblings  (Read 103945 times)

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Seditious Ramblings
« Reply #315 on: November 03, 2005, 05:46:09 pm »

Claire opted out of NH, then opted in near the vote as a reconciliation gesture between East and West. She's definitely not enthused about NH. I think she is feeling a little guilty for unfairly slamming the FSP, though. I posted a reply on her forum:
http://tcftalk.com/clairefiles/index.php?topic=7427.0
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

Rocketman

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Statism Sucks
« Reply #316 on: November 03, 2005, 06:04:11 pm »

Then maybe we should change the SOI to 10K and then have phase II be 20K.

Aw, please... Dreepa, even if you're kidding, I can hardly bear any more talk about changing the SoI.  We need less changing and more moving.

Claire Wolfe obviously never wanted to move to NH in the first place.  Oh well... the "you go first" problem has already been addressed by the 120-150 folks who have already moved.  The goal of concentrating liberty activists in New Hampshire should be self-perpetuating, not some BS idea we mull over for a couple years and just give up on. 

Whoops, there went my inclination to buy one of Claire's books!
5/13/06: I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!  #401!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #317 on: November 03, 2005, 10:50:10 pm »

To her credit, joining the FSP is one of the things in her "179 things to do til the revolution".

To those uppity folks who are getting their panties in a bunch about this whole 2006 thing, I say, good riddance, shut up, and let us succeed without you.

By the way, here's the fastest way to 20,000:
http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=11073.0
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #318 on: November 04, 2005, 01:42:50 am »

To her credit, joining the FSP is one of the things in her "179 things to do til the revolution".

Instead of "join the fsp" how about "move to NH"? 8)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #319 on: November 04, 2005, 01:44:32 am »

20k? that's 4x overkill........ Even if the FSP reaches 1/2 that goal (10k) and only 1/2 of those people move (5k), we're still as powerful as the Dems and Repubs put together.....
.... and we carry pitchforks.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #320 on: November 04, 2005, 02:10:31 am »

20k? that's 4x overkill........ Even if the FSP reaches 1/2 that goal (10k) and only 1/2 of those people move (5k), we're still as powerful as the Dems and Repubs put together.....
.... and we carry pitchforks.

... or potato forks.  ;)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #321 on: November 04, 2005, 04:05:15 am »

I will "open carry" my pitchfork at the SS card burn next saturday. :D

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #322 on: November 04, 2005, 06:46:05 am »

Then maybe we should change the SOI to 10K and then have phase II be 20K.

Aw, please... Dreepa, even if you're kidding, I can hardly bear any more talk about changing the SoI.  We need less changing and more moving.

Only partially kidding... I am already here... and love it!

Friday

« Reply #323 on: November 07, 2005, 07:54:10 pm »

Friends,

It has been two weeks since I started this thread.  Where has it led?

I have heard from a lot of people, both on this forum, via email, by phone, and in person.  Overall, the responses have been predictable.  Some of them have been heartwarming, and others have been demoralizing.  I'm happy to say that the positive responses have outnumbered the negative.  :)

As far as getting the issues I raised seriously addressed, well, what you see on this thread is what you get, as far as I can tell.  :-\ According to this thread, the Organizers list is no more.  I am on the Doers' list, and I can tell you that there has not been one word of discussion of Board elections, Board meeting minutes, publicizing the actions of in-state members, the Underground/NHFree, hiring a PR firm, etc.  As per this thread, I'm happy to hear that a PR firm will soon be retained by the FSP, and I sincerely hope it bears some fruit in increased recruitment numbers.  I'm also happy to hear that at least a few Boardmembers were supportive of at least partial elective representation in the past.   It's good to know that all media references to the FSP are included somewhere on the website, if not particularly prominently.

I had hoped to stop the rift between the "party" FSP'ers and the Undergrounders from widening into an unleapable chasm.  But that doesn't look like it's going to happen. For my part, I have no intention of cutting ties with Kat, Russell and the other Monadnock Porcupines, any more than I would from the Seacoast Porcupines or my neighbors in the Merrimack River Valley. I guess if other FSP Participants choose to do so, that's out of my hands.

At this point, my feelings are in line with Amanda's: discussions on this forum are unproductive, and I intend to minimize my time here. (Note how much more self-control I have now, though: I'm not going to delete my account in a rage, then sheepishly reinstate it after I've calmed down.  ;) )  I'm in New Hampshire now, and am no longer dependent on this forum to provide my primary means of contact and interaction with my fellow FSP'ers.  I see them every day, face to face, and have been working hard with some of them for greater liberty in New Hampshire (you can read about my adventures on my blog: http://fridaysblog.blogspot.com/

As for the assorted cries that I shouldn't just "whine" and "gripe", I should do something, well, what can I say? Reference my first-ever post on an FSP list:
March 27, 2002 - #2423 on the freestateproject Yahoo list http://groups.yahoo.com/group/freestateproject/ ), and my earliest remaining (due to archiving) post on this forum:
http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=1471.15  I proactively took over leadership of the Northern California Local Group, and was approved after the fact.  I was appointed Events Coordinator after contacting all 50 state Libertarian Parties about opportunities for FSP vendor tables and speakers. It's no secret I've worked on lots of other projects. I've been a proactive go-getter for the FSP for 3 1/2 years now.

To all those whom I have angered, insulted and/or offended on this forum over the years by expressing a dissenting opinion, all due apologies.  I like to think that the action-oriented, friendly, appreciative, helpful, welcoming or just plain funny posts have greatly outnumbered the offensive ones.  I sometimes enjoy participating on the Underground forum, so if you enjoy sparring/kvetching/joking with me, look for me there: http://www.nhfree.com/

To those of you who are doing anything at all to encourage liberty-loving activists to move to New Hampshire and/or to increase liberty within the state, I salute you! Please keep it up.  The FSP sure needs your help. 

Here's to Liberty in Our Lifetimes, to whatever degree it may be achieved!  :D

jgmaynard

• FSP Shadow Advertising
  • FSP Participant
    • The Light of Alexandria
« Reply #324 on: November 07, 2005, 08:37:59 pm »

Claire opted out of NH, then opted in near the vote as a reconciliation gesture between East and West. She's definitely not enthused about NH. I think she is feeling a little guilty for unfairly slamming the FSP, though. I posted a reply on her forum:

Yeah, I remember when all us pro-NHer's signed the thing re-opting into every state, Claire opted-back-in to NH, kudos to her for that.

I also read your reply on Claire's forum. Nice job, Jason.

JM
The Light of Alexandria By James Maynard

A history of the first 1,000 years of science, and how it changed the ancient world, and our world today.

http://www.lightofalexandria.com

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #325 on: November 07, 2005, 09:26:15 pm »

Thanks for the great thread and ending post Friday.
I have to agree that I will have to mostly work outside and around the fsp and this forum.
I have met and enjoy so many friends because of the fsp, but I can communicate with them in other ways.
I look forward to meeting people as they move to NH. Feel free to join our discussions and plans on the underground. We have a revolution to accomplish.

CP ridgerunner

« Reply #326 on: November 12, 2005, 06:38:07 pm »

Ok, this is your alls game, I would like to see you all do well in NH. but I really don't have a dog in the fight. I know the project is open to others besides libertarians but I feel that is where my duty is to keep libertarian authority fiqures on the straight and narrow especially those who  hold office( this group much more so), run for office, holds a party post or  has authority in a libertarian organization.               
                Ok enough on the Speach making, now for the questions.                                                                               
            Was the statment of intent upon the founding an agreement, not a contract but adults giving their word?                 
   If so did that agrrement  from 9/01 to 12/02 have as a requirement 20,000 members by 2006?                 
    Was that  droped as a requirement and changed to  a goal in 12/02?                                                                                                                   
    How many members did you have just before the change that agreed to the 20,000 as a requirement?                   
     Is it  unkoser( adults  going back on their word) to change a founding agreement unless everyone who made the agreement agreed to change it?                   
    If you did not get full agreement to the change would it have been better for those who wanted the change to reorganize under a new name and allow those who did not want the change to keep the FSP name and requirements?                   
   Would it be better to re organize today under a new name, maybe The Free New Hampshire Project?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2005, 07:52:47 pm by CP ridgerunner »

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #327 on: November 22, 2005, 11:41:27 am »

I will "open carry" my pitchfork at the SS card burn next saturday. :D
I forgot my pitchfork, but it was a very successful burn.

http://keenefreepress.editme.com/SSCardBurn

http://www.politicalgraffiti.com/nhfree/NHfree-SS_Card_Burn.mov nice video

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #328 on: November 22, 2005, 12:37:42 pm »

Nice video!   ;D  It should be on the front page of the FSP site.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

politicalGRAFFITI

• New Hampshire Underground Forum
« Reply #329 on: November 22, 2005, 05:31:59 pm »

Nice video!   ;D  It should be on the front page of the FSP site.

Glad you liked it Ian... thanks for the Radio Call-in Audio :)

Russell, check it out, they are talking about you in the Czech Republic already. ;D
http://forum.libinst.cz/viewtopic.php?t=809

Too cool...

The Revolution Starts Now!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up