Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Seditious Ramblings  (Read 103943 times)

lloydbob1

Re: Seditious Ramblings
« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2005, 09:12:11 am »

However, I was convinced by others that actions by individuals in the FSP shouldn't be credited to the FSP and I continue to be convinced of that.
This is one thing wrong with the current leadership. You sit in virtual board meetings and scare each other out of taking any stands.

So what happens if one of us becomes a 1-man recruiting machine? Say .... Badnarik wrote his next book about the fsp and started touring the country proclaiming the good news of our movement and then ran for governor in NH and won. Would that be credited to the fsp? ....of course it would...because you 7 could agree on it.

The fsp is full of individuals recruiting and acting. If we do not attach any of this activity to the fsp, then the fsp looks dead. An activist does not need to have unanimous support of all the members for their work to be acknowledged by the rest of us. The fsp has more going on than what 7 board members can agree on.

Not Drivel, although I don't think everyone should have ability to change the dront page of the website.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2005, 09:16:50 am »

Here is something I was thinking of this morning.

Why is everyone so mad at the board?

Can't we just get one person per serious job?

For example:  People think that the Porcfest is important.  Varrin ran the Porcfest.  By all accounts it went great. Talk to Varrin if you were mad or upset about Porcfest you have one person to talk to.

Who cares what the board does or doesn't do?  Let's get people to take one role (one they like/are willing to do) and hold that person accountable for that one job.

Recruiter
Local Groups
Media person etc.

Boards on Corporations don't do much... it the the people underneath the Presidents the VPs the developers etc, that do the jobs.
Boards set the tone and hire the competent people to do the jobs.

Just some random thinking.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #272 on: October 27, 2005, 10:19:36 am »

If you were in charge, you could do it that way.

I also nominate Chris aka Dreepa 8)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #273 on: October 27, 2005, 10:20:47 am »

Let's get people to take one role (one they like/are willing to do) and hold that person accountable for that one job.

The open spots are quite visible on http://freestateproject.org/about/multimedia/images/orgchart.png
Discuss your interest with the VP in charge of the section, whoever is otherwise 'above' the position if any, and with Nik, the Volunteer Coordinator.

Anyone complaining about leadership who isn't on that chart already is part of the problem, not part of the solution.
There are twenty spots open on that chart....  There are less than 20 people complaining on this thread.
Some of us are already listed on that chart... and our opinions are the ones that matter: we are the leadership, we are the ones putting our butts out there and doing the work, and being held accountable.  If you are listed on there, like Sandy or JonM or Dreepa or Kate or Jean or myself, etc... you do have the ear of the rest of leadership.  Sometimes it doesn't seem like it, due to differences of opinion, but you do get heard.

(Mind you, I don't really expect most of the hardcore complainers to volunteer, because they don't really want a solution... they just want to protest which is quite sad and disheartening... because they should be better than that.)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #274 on: October 27, 2005, 10:24:13 am »

I don't want to work within your broken system. I do not want to write status reports to someone like Steve Cobb.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

ThomasPaine

« Reply #275 on: October 27, 2005, 11:24:51 am »

I don't want to work within your broken system. I do not want to write status reports to someone like Steve Cobb.

In other words:

"I don't want to work within ANY system or follow ANY leadership because YOU should mirror the society I want to create - anarcho-capitalism - and ANY engagement by YOU with the state in movement towards MY goal is participating in an act of theft from ME and thus evil"

TeePee

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #276 on: October 27, 2005, 12:35:15 pm »

Not exactly 8)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #277 on: October 27, 2005, 01:36:20 pm »

This is a bloodless coup. You can just loosen the reigns and let people have access. 8)

I wonder why all the leaders have run for cover again? Do they not want to communicate with the rabble anymore?

Morey

• FSP Participant
  • just another ancap
    • Rant and Rave
« Reply #278 on: October 27, 2005, 01:47:53 pm »

For those who didn't get the memo, Amanda has said - how can I paraphrase this nicely? - she has said, well, that she won't be participating in the forums.  <insert tongue-biting emoticon here>

Let's hope that she changes her mind.

Morey

• FSP Participant
  • just another ancap
    • Rant and Rave
« Reply #279 on: October 27, 2005, 02:37:37 pm »

Boards on Corporations don't do much... it the the people underneath the Presidents the VPs the developers etc, that do the jobs.
Boards set the tone and hire the competent people to do the jobs.

I believe that is Jason's position.  The reason it doesn't hold water is because we're playing with semantics.  In our case, we don't have a distinctly separate BoD.  The officers and the board are one in the same, Jason being the one exception.  The criticism leveled here, for the most part, is directed to these people in their capacity as officers.  They should be the people in the org who do the most outreach.  The rest of us should be motivated by their example.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 02:40:38 pm by Morey »

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #280 on: October 27, 2005, 07:42:16 pm »

Let's hope that she changes her mind.

To something like RESIGNATION perhaps.

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #281 on: October 27, 2005, 07:49:28 pm »

Do they not want to communicate with the rabble anymore?

If they don't have time to read a few sentances on here, or even reply with something besides what basically amounts to "shut up", then they need to move on.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #282 on: October 27, 2005, 08:12:41 pm »

So I am looking for the phone number for the conference call on Thursday nights... can't find it posted anywhere.

There is a ton of info on the FSP website.  Did you guys know that?

But everything is 40 clicks away. We need to fix that.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #283 on: October 27, 2005, 10:04:23 pm »

I don't have any time for volunteering for the fsp .... too busy being a wild-eyed crazy. 8) You guys are good though. :)

FreeBoB

« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2005, 11:16:37 pm »

I've been reading this thread from its first moments.  I tend not to want to participate in public discussions that might harm others, it's just not productive in my life to go there.  There have been some good thoughts presented here though.

My efforts to help to change and improve the FSP have grown as I've seen needs and stepped forward to try to solve them.  While my name is on the list of volunteers holding a 'position', for me it's all about getting jobs done that I think have value. I endeavor to be professional and courteous in accomplishing my FSP responsibilities. 

If you want to make changes and contributions to help the FSP accomplish its mission, contact Nik, the Volunteer Coordinator volunteer@freestateproject.org  A great way to effectively make changes and foster FSP success is to be a part of it in whatever way you choose.  There are many opportunities to make things happen.

Brian
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 11:19:01 pm by Brian Sullivan »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Up