heres one with a guy being choked or put in a headlock etc

"Has government got you in a strangle hold?"

Find out how to break loose at freestateproject.org

kyfornow

Re: Ideas
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 12:33:43 am »

ads with statistics that can be surprising or shocking are good too

showing the difference in the amount of taxes say from 100 years ago to now

A lot of "Did you know" ads are good too, just creating the kernel of thought in people of stuff they probably didn't realize

"Did you know the military creates more pollution than anybody else?"  So much for all those global warming laws

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 02:53:41 am »

Poster ideas are nice, but they also require some context to be useful. So keep that on the noggin'. And also, flyers/posters don't work particularly well if they have no where to be placed, no people to put them there, nor to spend the effort printing them.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:56:28 am by B.D. Ross »

Sam A. Robrin

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 02:48:33 pm »

Tens of thousands of people took to the streets yesterday to protest world governments and what they are doing about climate change.  TENS of THOUSANDS.
over 1000 got arrested. 
if that many people are willing to stand up and show government how they feel about clouds and water and trees, why aren't there more people willing to do something about freedom.

Funny, not an hour ago, I scribbled down this song idea:

Freedom-lovers focus on life's joys and how to get them--
Not in crafting tactics to persuade the State to let them.

The climate protesters are asking for more government (I'm amused that they're being shown exactly what they can expect if they get what they want--and disgusted that they'll miss the point entirely . . .).  They're joiners, and that gives them an advantage in the organization department.  Something needs to be done to demonstrate the advantages of mutual cooperation to libety activists, but I'll admit, I'm stumped as to what . . .

freedomroad

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 04:11:16 pm »

...Even the Greek guy who’s restaurant I patronize 2-3 times a week.

“Chris, you won’t be seeing me the week of Christmas.  I‘m going to New Hampshire.”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah I’m looking to move there”

“How come, better work?”

“Well no, I’d be moving there because many freedom and liberty activists are moving there.  See there’s this thing called the free state project, an idea where people who want freedom should all move…”

BAM I just  exposed somebody to the word FSP.  Now I may not get anywhere with it, but anybody who’s ever done sales knows, sometimes you have to make hundreds or thousands of cold calls/approaches to get a sale.  I’ll talk to him, the people in my bank, etc. 

Anybody anywhere can talk, and you can encourage others to talk to.  If you know other FSP signers/volunteers, motivate them constantly to be just talking. 

Thank you so much for this.  Please keep talking to folks about the FSP. 

2) posters, business cards etc.  Not completely free, but not an arm and a leg either.  I know on the FreeTalk Live site, they have banners and posters you can print out to promote the show. 

You can likely get some fsp flyers sent to you for free if you have a plan to put them up.  Otherwise, look these over and print off some if you like them.  1000s of FSP flyers have been put up but the more, the merrier.

1. Go to the FSP website http://www.freestateproject.org/
2. Click "Get Involved"
3. Click "Download Material"

When it comes to posting flyers, these are my favorite, http://www.freestateproject.org/getinvolved/collegeflyers.php

Other than the cost of the copies, there’s not a great deal of cost involved.  And it’s not like you have to walk the streets all day.  Keep them in your car and when you are getting ready to go into a business or establishment with bulletin boards, slap one on there. 

Another great area to place them is colleges.
3) If you have a myspace/face book etc, I know a lot of people decorate them with backgrounds and designs and all that stupid crap. 

Fantastic idea.  Please join the FSP groups on facebook and myspace (you can find them pretty much anywhere on the FSP website on the left side bar.)  Also, please place FSP in your top friends.

4) Going into online forums and discussion boards and mentioning the FSP, especially as a follow up to a political discussion
For example you can go into the rant and rave section of Craig list where somebody’s complaining about the police department, or the roads or taxes or whatever,  and say something like

Yes, this is fantastic.  See this thread for some ideas on this.  http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=17963.0

5) Writing Freestateproject.org “Move to a place where you can be free” on  money

Great idea.  Other people actually buy stamps and stamp the money.

This is about half of the stuff swirling through my head right now, but I figure it’s enough.

Those are all great ideas.  I know the first 5 are being done and those ideas have been suggested to 1000s of FSP folks over the years.

Other great ideas are chalking the FSP website and maybe some info in high traffic areas, spreading the ideas at colleges ( http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=19039.0 ), libraries ( http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=18210.0 ), and rest areas ( http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=18209.0 .)

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 04:21:27 pm »

5) Writing Freestateproject.org “Move to a place where you can be free” on  money

... why don't we have stamps available for easy purchase?  ;)

freedomroad

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 04:43:26 pm »

... why don't we have stamps available for easy purchase?  ;)

Because the store is unorganized?  Because there isn't high demand?  Because different people would want different designs?

You can usually get them personalized on ebay for $9-$13.  If you buy some in bulk and bring them to Liberty Forum, I'll make sure you get space for them at the FSP merchandise area.

rossby

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 04:46:46 pm »

A stamp costs about $10?! There's gotta be some economy there. I can imagine the price couldn't be pushed down to about $2. It's practically a give-away material.

kyfornow

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 05:54:34 pm »

Tens of thousands of people took to the streets yesterday to protest world governments and what they are doing about climate change.  TENS of THOUSANDS.
over 1000 got arrested. 
if that many people are willing to stand up and show government how they feel about clouds and water and trees, why aren't there more people willing to do something about freedom.

Funny, not an hour ago, I scribbled down this song idea:

Freedom-lovers focus on life's joys and how to get them--
Not in crafting tactics to persuade the State to let them.

The climate protesters are asking for more government (I'm amused that they're being shown exactly what they can expect if they get what they want--and disgusted that they'll miss the point entirely . . .).  They're joiners, and that gives them an advantage in the organization department.  Something needs to be done to demonstrate the advantages of mutual cooperation to libety activists, but I'll admit, I'm stumped as to what . . .

free food?

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 08:10:52 pm »

A stamp costs about $10?! There's gotta be some economy there. I can imagine the price couldn't be pushed down to about $2. It's practically a give-away material.

I got mine on Vista Print for like $4 apiece.

kyfornow

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 08:42:14 pm »

if just 2500, roughly 1/4 of the signers of the Fsp put up 1 flyer every day for a year, that would be 912,000 flyers

Next question

Who's making the phone calls and the emails to the FSP signers

I heard talk about a call center, and needing one but you don't HAVE to have a call center setup. The place where I work use to pay this woman to come in and use one of the unused phone lines in the building to call customers who hadn't been in, in a while. 

The idea was to say, "Hello, this is such and such.  We notice you haven't come in in a while and we just wanted to invite you to such and such day.  We're having a special deal." etc

She averaged about 50 calls in an 8 hour work day.  I've done customer service in a call center, and I can ramble on a lot, and I still talked to at least 40 people.   Doesn't sound like much but it slowly adds up. The need for a call center would be overkill because if one person can average 50 calls per day, 5 days a week, 250 calls, It's not like the FSP is having a going out of business sale or there's some hurry to call these people.  Just take it slow.  Certainly wouldn't even have to be nonstop calling.  Somebody could make 10 calls here, 10 there. 

More ideas

1) political cartoon drawings- people like those
2) FSP people going as small groups to volunteer and when the people you’re helping say so what group are you with .  “oh we’re with the Free state project.”

Like I said before, ads and flyers have to be relevant to the demographic you’re focusing on.  Most people don’t care about a free state project or liberty.  They care about the things that matter to them. 

Ads or flyers intended to target business owners might read like this one

Are you a small business owner?

Are you tired of all the government regulations and taxes?

Don’t you wish you could do something about it?

Check out www.freestateproject.org to find out how

Business owners care about money
People care about their kids
Religious groups/people care about their morals and values

Like I said, as a teacher, I would never teach anything to kids unless I could demonstrate how it was relevant, what the purpose of teaching it to them was.

By luring kids into the subject by showing how it relates to them, ways they can use it, all of a sudden I’ve got them where I want them.  Now they’re excited about a subject that beforehand they likely hated, and now they’re coming and telling ME things they’ve went and learned and researched on their own time.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 08:45:50 pm by kyfornow »

kyfornow

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 09:05:26 pm »

More slogan/flyer ideas

1) This USE to be a free country   

2)  OMG  :o  like what happened to my rights and freedoms (this one's for the high school crowd)   
Actually I like it better as OMG :o  like wtf  happened to my rights and freedoms

3) The founding fathers called.  They said to tell you they wanted their country back.

And last but not least, for the urban centers:
“da system won't let me pimp muh ho' don't make me shank ya”

ok so that one is a joke

And speaking of appealing to your audience, how about texting?

I know there has to be a way texting can be linked to the FSP, so that way if someone texts a generic #, like 1800FSP-INNH and it gets routed to a cell phone where the person can find out info about the FSP by texting back and forth w/ the person and once you have them hooked you direct them to the website for more info

You know the ad says

R U tired of the govrmnt taking ur rights and freedoms?
Text FSPNH (37764)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 09:09:53 pm by kyfornow »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up