Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pledge of Allegiance  (Read 6698 times)

BrianMcCandliss

The Pledge of Allegiance
« on: October 20, 2005, 02:51:14 pm »

The main misconception of American history comes from the common belief in the words of the Pledge of Allegiance-- which was written over 100 years AFTER the Constitution (while the words "under God" was added in 1943).

Consider the following, which children are forced to recite daily in grades k-6 at least-- the FIRST THING every day:

"I pledge allegiance to the flag
 of the United States of America;
 and to the republic for which it stands:
 one nation, uder God, indivisible,
 with liberty and justice for all."

Ok, to begin with,  "pledging allegiance"   denotes a VOLUNTARY proposition, which  precludes naive, uninformed and impressionable children being FORCED to state such words-- on command.
Furthermore, the notion of pledging allegiance to a flag-- rather than ONLY to the people OF the republic-- is to claim the state as an abtraction rather than a delegation of individual human sovereignty; this is therefore pure statist idolatry.

Next, the term "and to republic for which it stands: one nation, indivisible...."
To begin with, this is an outright contradiction. A republic of united states, CANNOT BE also "one nation indivisible;" rather, a nation of "united states" is defined in Webster's dictionary as an EMPIRE, i.e. "A political unit having an extensive territory or comprising a number of territories or nations and ruled by a single supreme authority."
On the contrary: a republic of states, is a voluntary association of supreme nations-- with the term "nation" likewise defined in Webster's dictionary as "the government of a sovereign state." As such, it is many nations, and divisible at will by any nation so opting to sever such political connections.

Also, the words being "under God," defines not a republic but a theocracy-- particularly in contradiction of US Constitution Article VI, clause 2, which states that "no reglious test shall ever be required as a condition for any holder of public office." This protection naturally extends to citizens of any age.

Finally, as for the phrase "with liberty and justice for all:" this term "WITH," seems to "liberty and justice" as a secondary objective to the indivisible national theocracy

this likewise defines an egalitiarian system which does not exist; the mere assignment of an attorney to indigent arrestees, is NOT "justice for all-- while the term "liberty" likewise applies to one's equal ability to retain access to the legal system. I think we're all familiar with the vast differences in liberty and justice that pertain to differences in wealth, station and social-status.

In conclusion, it seems that the Pledge of Allegiance is little more than a self-fulfilling prophecy which serves no purpose except to pay lip-service to the states' founding ideals-- while in reality violating them from the outset, by forcing children to pledge allegiance in the name of "liberty."

Is it any wonder that kids grow up to be sheeple, rather than freemen?

Gabo

• FSP Participant
Re: The Pledge of Allegiance
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 05:47:38 pm »

I don't say the Pledge at my school, I just sit down as everyone recites their pledge to our imperial empire.

Even when they see me refusing to say the pledge, they don't even think of not saying it themselves.
I love my country!

It's my government that sucks...

Craig

• Patriots for Liberty.com
    • Patriots for Liberty
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 07:28:09 pm »

Very interesting and informative BrianMcCandliss.   Got me thinking.  Should there be a pledge?  If yes, how would it be worded?  If no...  would it be a loss to patriotism?  We do have patriotic songs, and holidays (Thanksgiving, 4th of July).  Is that enough?  What else could or should be done?

All this is assuming one is proud of ones' country.  Anything to the contrary should be expressed in another topic.

What do you (Forum) think?

BrianMcCandliss

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 12:27:02 am »

Very interesting and informative BrianMcCandliss.   Got me thinking.  Should there be a pledge?  If yes, how would it be worded?  If no...  would it be a loss to patriotism?  We do have patriotic songs, and holidays (Thanksgiving, 4th of July).  Is that enough?  What else could or should be done?

All this is assuming one is proud of ones' country.  Anything to the contrary should be expressed in another topic.

What do you (Forum) think?

I think that the pledge holds the OPPOSITE sentiments of the Declaration of Indepence and thus one which children are FORCED to parrot-- before they're old enough to have the sense to REJECT it for what it is-- a statist credo.

The Declaration holds that
1) MEN are endowed by their creator with inalienable rights;
2) governments are instuted among men BY them;
3) governments exist solely to secure inalienable rights;
4) governments derive their just powers by consent of the governed,
5) whenever governments become destructive to these rights, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it;
6) the states are free and independent, having the power to declare war, enact treaties, and anything else that states by right may do.

Now consider the Pledge of Allegiance, which states that:

1) The United States form one nation, which is supreme in its dictates, while the states are subordinate TO it;

2) the NATION-- rather than individuals--  is  under God, and is thus a theocratic state to which the individual must pledge allegiance-- and to the flag thereof-- rather than being a non-theocratic democracy;

3)  Liberty and Justice are merely a secondary afterthought, to the primary objective of the state itself-- as opposed to being the SOLE objectives of EVERY government; as such, liberty and justice-- as well as lives--  are likewise expendible to this objective. For this reason, indviduals are subject to sacrifice for the survival and interests of the government, rather than the other way around.

As such, the Pledge holds that the individual has no rights as such, but simply revocable priveleges based on mere goals and ideals which exist at the grace and mercy of the state; likewise, the state is of supreme importance, and the individual is expendible to it. As such, a person's live may be sacrificed as necessary to the survival of the state-- as with the draft, compulsory school-attendance, arbitrary taxation etc. Simply put, the state becomes a deity-- or at least the voice of such-- and thus can do no wrong (which is the doctrine of Sovereign Immunity).

The term "patriotism," meanwhile, is nothing more than a bit of emotional blackmail used to brainwash the masses into feel guilty for not giving up their liberty and self-interest, and attacking others on command, while sacrificing their own lives and safety to do so. This blackmail extends to villifying any who oppose it, in classic group-think narcissism and delusions of infallibility and elitism. In reality, there is no virtue in blind obedience to a slave-master- rather, there is no such thing as a well-to-do slave.

For this reason, virtually all wars in which the US was involved, were not pre-emptive strikes against the United States as a neutral country; rather, such were little more than statist profit-ventures orchestrated by the ruling power elite, sacrificing people's lives at gunpoint in order to achieve their own-- while likewise padding their alibi's with lies and other deceptions which left the people little choice.

War is, basically, nothing more than people with guns, ordering people in their own state, to kill rob and people in another state, under the pretext of lawful statism-- while likewise preaching the absolute righteousness of such (and absolute wrong of any dissenters).
Until people arm themselves with accurate and thorough information, this is a rather Satanic gesture, which amounts to mindless slaghter of hapless masses at the behest and gunpoint of elite statists.

Gabo

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 11:06:40 am »

I don't know of ANY other country that so ritualistically worships their flag.......  well, unless you count Nazi Germany.  ::)
I love my country!

It's my government that sucks...

BrianMcCandliss

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 03:01:21 pm »

And thus, there is no greater world super-power.  People have become so swollen with egocentric narcissism over the "USA! USA! USA!" that they don't even realize how they've given up their freedom-- they believe the "lesser of two evils" argument  regarding why the US was involved in WWII-- which  is applied via "Pearl Harbor" etc. (i.e. the "isolationism" argument). And thus, the US is now seen as a world-aggressor.

In every conversation I have with people, they don't want to discuss the facts-- they think they KNOW the truth, despite that they've never VERIFIED it. Many don't even care whether the states were sovereign or not-- they think Lincoln did the right thing no matter what (even going so far as to say "the south would have sided with Hitler" if Lincoln didn't stop them from seceding etc. (Yeah, that REALLY justifies imperialism).

As a result of such junk-history, people are forced to pledge allegiance to the flag-- as if it were a god from which they must beg mercy on our knees, like in church-- with the world "enemies" as satan, who want to attack the US at great cost to themselves just because they're EVILLLLLLL!!!!!!

"Pledge allegiance to the flag, or Hitler will get you!" Sure. War, they tell us, is not a statist profit-venture, but a holy battle of good vs. evil-- with us being GOOD, and the other side BELIEVING they're evil, right?

But how can we be good, if we're enslaving people-- including our own citizens the same way as the "enemy--" and our leaders LYING to us the same way as the "enemy?"
These and other questions are answered on the battlefield, as we trade our lives-- or more accurately, the lives of a select minority of American citizens-- for our leaders' POWER and profit.
Thus, the circular logic of "pledged allegiance," COMES full-circle; "ours is not to reason why." (Makes as much sense as a "forced pledge.")
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 01:57:38 pm by BrianMcCandliss »
Pages: [1]   Go Up