Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old enough NOT to join National Guard  (Read 5845 times)

TomAlciere

Old enough NOT to join National Guard
« on: September 27, 2005, 08:20:48 pm »

At 18, you can join the National Guard, but the drinking age is 21.

What the enemies of liberty need to understand is that if you're 18, you can also NOT join the National Guard BECAUSE the drinking age is 21.

Why should outvoted discrimination victims want to serve in the National Guard when Congress and the state legislature show so much unprovoked hostility toward them?

In New Orleans, anarchy prevailed as cops were quitting in droves and there weren't enough National Guardsmen. If any hate-mongering MADD bigots suffered and perished for want of soldiers, it is a consequence of their own malicious wrongdoing. They brought it on themselves. Too bad they took so many decent people with them.

If the drinking age cannot be repealed altogether, it should be lowered to 13. If you're old enough to get run over and killed by a drunk cop, you're old enough to drink.

http://www.kcra.com/news/4554164/detail.html

Tom Alciere
http://StopTheMADDness.org
Libertarian Party membership card #000146792

Neo-Jeffersonian

• Life Boy Scout and NRA Sharpshooter.
Re: Old enough NOT to join National Guard
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 01:41:41 pm »

If the drinking age cannot be repealed altogether, it should be lowered to 13. If you're old enough to get run over and killed by a drunk cop, you're old enough to drink.

So, if you're old enough to get run over, you should be able to get drunk and do bad things?  What kind of logic is that?

And how many drunk cops have you ever seen.  I know I haven't seen very many.  Drunk on power, maybe.  But that's a stretch.  The drinking age should be the same as the age of majority.  The age of majority is currenly eighteen, I don't think it'll be dropped to 13 any time soon, so therefore, the drinking age should 18.  I, personally, as a non-drinker, have no problem with 21 as the drinking age.  I don't see why it IS a problem, for anybody.  Unless its your intention to get completely wasted-drunk so that you can run over drunken 13 year olds.

Jeff://
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"--Patrick Henry, 1776

"It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked." --Unknown.

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Old enough NOT to join National Guard
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 02:18:12 pm »

Actually,you can join the National guard, or any branch, at 17. That is supposing that you have parental permission. I see how it would seem logical for the drinking age to be the age of majority, but I would amend that to read the age at which one can purchase alcohol. If a minor's parents say it's ok for their kid to have alcohol at a wedding or at prom, or whatever, then I say why not?
Actually, about the wedding thing, you can marry without parental permission at 16 in New Hampshire, so why can't you drink. Marriage seems to be a more profound choice than drinking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up