Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will I fit in with the FSP?  (Read 3138 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Will I fit in with the FSP?
« on: October 16, 2005, 09:33:52 am »

Steve wrote in response to a post by a new member:
Morey, I have the same impression as you: where are all the left libertarians?

Colleen, I'm a 40-year-old black atheist technical manager living in Moscow.  After having just spent many hours reviewing photos from PorcFest, I can't say that every segment of the libertarian community excites me either (e.g. Americans burning the UN flag does go over very well outside the US). I'm a city mouse, and not a gun nut, though, as you, I understand the rationale for gun freedom.
Don't worry. I have met many left libertarians here in NH mostly at anti-war rallies. You will feel right at home. 8)
Since you are living in Moscow, you can winter here in NH. ;D
I don't mind other people having guns either, although I have never owned one myself.
We have fun burning UN flags here in NH. The natives love it and so did Michael Badnarik when he held a burning one at Porcfest2005.

We also have scheduled the second anniversary of our UN flag burn in Keene NH here.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Will I fit in with the FSP?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 05:05:03 pm »

I can't say for sure. With regards to your skin color, there is not much bigotry in New Hampshire. The vast majority of people here are white, but race realtions are smooth. If the specter of a rural state intimidates you, Manchester does have 100,000 residents. From Manchester, Boston is only about an hour away, and so is Portland, Maine. NYC and Montreal are both less than 6 hours by car.
There's something for everyone. I would suggest that a visit to New Hampshire is the best way to see if it's compatable with your lifestyle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up