Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: your statement of intent  (Read 1938 times)

cheesypotatow/ham

your statement of intent
« on: September 11, 2005, 10:46:34 pm »

i must say that i agree with your statement of intent.

the maximum role of civil gov. should be to protect: property, liberty, life.
so is this going to always be your intent collectively?  are any persons who have joined the project, or
helped create the project wanting to change the statement of intent?  just curious.

also, whenever i think liberatarian an image comes to mind of a dude smoking a joint demanding abortion rights.  how accurate is this stereotype.  one of my biggest problems with LEGALIZING drugs is that the government would tax the use of drugs.  this idea is down right sick in my opinion.  should be delegal not legal.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: your statement of intent
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 06:00:38 am »

i must say that i agree with your statement of intent.

Join up!

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 07:29:18 am »

ithe maximum role of civil gov. should be to protect: property, liberty, life.
so is this going to always be your intent collectively?  are any persons who have joined the project, or
helped create the project wanting to change the statement of intent?  just curious.

Not that part of it. We are discussing whether to change the wait-until-20,000-to-move element.

also, whenever i think liberatarian an image comes to mind of a dude smoking a joint demanding abortion rights.  how accurate is this stereotype.  one of my biggest problems with LEGALIZING drugs is that the government would tax the use of drugs.  this idea is down right sick in my opinion.  should be delegal not legal.

What do you mean by "delegal"?
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

cheesypotatow/ham

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 04:25:07 pm »

jason,

i mean that outside of age of consent and public use issues, the gov. shouldn't regulate narcotics
including the sale, distribution, etc...  and why should the gov. care if 2 consenting adults wish to destroy their lives?  but for the gov. to be financed from drug use is not a good idea in my opinion.

Gabo

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 05:59:25 pm »

Cheesy, you sound very libertarian (you possess rational thinking skills).

The stereotype you mentioned is just one of the many made to show libertarians as all the "bad" parts of liberty.
Libertarians are anything and everything, and most important they ARE FINE WITH THAT.
If someone wants to be a pothead, libertarians don't mind.
If someone wants to be a good Christian and pray every night, libertarians don't mind.
If someone wants to be a half-eaten sandwich, libertarians don't mind.

Libertarians believe everyone should govern themselves, the only limit being to respect the equal rights of others.
I love my country!

It's my government that sucks...

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 06:11:15 pm »

i mean that outside of age of consent and public use issues, the gov. shouldn't regulate narcotics
including the sale, distribution, etc...  and why should the gov. care if 2 consenting adults wish to destroy their lives?  but for the gov. to be financed from drug use is not a good idea in my opinion.

Oh, I see; that makes sense. I think regulating and taxing drugs should be a good first step, but ultimately I favor a free market in drugs for adults (not children).
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism
Pages: [1]   Go Up