Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greetings from the BlueGrass State.  (Read 4451 times)

lordpoee

• Murray Computer Science Group
Greetings from the BlueGrass State.
« on: September 11, 2005, 09:17:43 am »

First of all: I like what I read here. I live in Kentucky where moralism is the rule of thumb and corrupt government is very common. I am sure you have heard by now about how our Governor Ernie Fletcher pardoned everyone involved with violting the Merit Laws. (A law which states people get jobs with the State government based on their ability to do the job and not their political party affiliations.) Fact is, even the Democrats prior to Fletcher broke this law but no one took action against them, Too little too late. Ernie Fletcher and his cabinet however were caught red handed.

When he pardoned them, I lost all faith in my state government. It proved to me that no matter WHAT they do, they will always have a  way out.

I am not a Moralist in the since I have personal ethics but I do not use my tout or legislation to impose it on others like many in the Kentucky Legislation do.

I am not a felon but I have a good friend and a sister who is. Good people, they never killed anyone or caused anyone physical harm. They made bad choices but they are not bad people. They have hearts of gold, especially my sister. They have both learned from it and appreciate the cause of Freedom more now than ever. In some states after seven years a Felon can have his or her rights restored and his or her citizenship reaffirmed.Not in Kentucky. Once a felon always a felon.

These are the sort of injustices I oppose.

I would start in on the US Patriot ACT, Homeland Security and the National ID Act...but really, Do I need to here? I think that I among friends when I say that the US Patriot ACT despite is "oh so American" name is the single most treasonous document since the federalist papers.

I would move to New Hampshire right away, except that my wife has children from a previous marriage who are in partial custody of their father. ( She gets them 4-6 months out of the year.) And new Hampshire would make it difficult for her to see them as often as she likes. We are working on getting permanent custody of the children(or at least primary care provider). Any advice on this matter would be appreciated. He was given custody because HE owns th house, the car and everything else. His family are good 'ol boys who are buddies with the judges. She loves her children very much and cries when they leave us to go back with their BIOlogical Father. They cry when they leave us too, they have really grown on me http://thechaos.thebbs.org/friends.html you can see some pictures of our wonderful three there. (By the way the motorcycle in the picture is NOT running, it just appears that way because the flash from the camera is reflected in the tail lights. I say this because people have asked before lol)

I notice during sign up there is mention of 20K. Do you need $20,000 to become a citizen?

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: Greetings from the BlueGrass State.
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 12:26:59 pm »

Welcome to the forum! I can't give you much advice about the custody situation, but with regard to "20K" - people are referring to the goal of 20,000 signatures of people willing to move to NH.

From what you say about yourself, I think you are indeed among friends.  :)
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

maffew

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 05:10:23 pm »

Where 'bouts in Kentucky are you?

I now live in Texas (until I finish my Mechanical Engineering degree) but I grew up in western Kentucky.

lordpoee

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005, 07:18:33 am »

Thank you for clearing that up Jason, I may have to start collecting some signitures. As for where I am from in kentucky, i am in Western Kentucky, Murry actually!

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 07:31:03 am »

Yes, welcome to the forum.  I think a similar thing happened to me in that I previously had a more mainstream view of politics and democracy until a couple issues bit back, and I realized there really wasn't much a need to have those laws.  Since then it's become more obvious that most political conflicts are over issues that government never needed to get itself involved in in the first place.

The public arena is ripe with conflicts because individuals are no longer left a private realm to freely address things as they see fit and as the realm of public continues to increase at the expense of private, we just continue to see more conflicts and fewer satisfactory successful compromises.  (My guess is probably 80% of what governments are doing, at least at the federal level are entirely unnecessary and should have been left to state or preferably even local governments to address, if they really needed to be publicly addressed at all).

So again, welcome and enjoy.
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

lordpoee

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2005, 07:48:41 am »

As soon as we get custody of the kids, we are heading, wheels burning to New Hampshire. If I wasn;t working so much I would be organizing a massive migration to New Hampshire. But alas, work, work, work. Gotta pay those taxes and feed that economy and pay the rent and the utility bills...

Man, life sucks.

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005, 08:07:39 am »

You aren't alone.  My best friend had his three daughters, including a one year old taken from him by the state and custody given to others (thankfully at least they were relatives, not too far away).  My family as a child was torn apart by the same system though they took advantage of mental issues my mother had to basically ream all of us, which left my brothers and sisters spread around the country with various relatives.  I've got a few of my own personal experiences since as well, though luckily nothing as bad as either of these, nor family issues but I've heard a lot of similar things and know odds are that sometime the state will come knocking on my door as well (assuming their polite enough to knock).

I don't know much about family law though except to believe marriage should be left as a private institution, so sorry if I don't have much advice on the custody issue. :(
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 08:16:26 am by SteveA »
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

maffew

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 09:31:29 am »

I'm orginally from Webster County, in between Henderson and Madisionville. 

lordpoee

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 09:33:44 am »

Are you coming back to Kentucky after you get your degree? Or heading staright to NH?

maffew

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 09:54:48 am »

Straight to NH, I have no use for living in KY anymore.  It certainly provided me with a liberty friendly spirit though.  Growing up rual tends to do that.  :)

I only hope I can instill that in my children, despite spending their younger years (they are 4 and 2 now) in a metropolis.  I won't be able to get to NH for at least 4 more years.

lordpoee

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 10:18:31 am »

Our ideas of Liberty and Perosnal Responsibilty start at home.  For example: I learned the importance of getting plenty of rest for school when I was allowed to stay up until 1:30 on a school night. When 5:30 rolled around, I wished I had not stayed up so late. I started going to bed at 9:30 or 10
Pages: [1]   Go Up