Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Free state = SOVEREIGN state?  (Read 12937 times)

BrianMcCandliss

Free state = SOVEREIGN state?
« on: September 10, 2005, 03:23:42 pm »

I've finally come to the epiphany, that you can't have a free state without a sovereignty, and I'd like to recommend bending our efforts toward sponsoring an official state convention which will examine and demand the sovereignty of NH, and encouraging other states to do the same.
State freedom ended in 1861-1865, when Lincoln suppressed the fredom of every state under force of arms. Since then, chaos erupted as the union became a self-proclaimed NATION, with the term "empire" being perhaps too strong a word for some to accept.

We must by now realize, that the ONLY hope of recovering our sovereign rights as free individuals, is to likewise recover the sovereignty of the free STATES-- otherwise, such "freedom" is in name only.

Therefore I'd like to contact the chief administrators of the FSP in order to organize this effort.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
Re: Free state = SOVEREIGN state?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 10:41:37 pm »

Is "sovereignty" the same as secession?  Or can we be sovereign and remain in the US?  Because you'll never get the board to approve anything about secession..  ::)
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Gabo

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 12:21:15 am »

State sovereignty isn't an issue if we have individual sovereignty.
But if the NATIONAL GOV wont respect our sovereignty, then secession may be our last choice.
I love my country!

It's my government that sucks...

freedomroad

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 12:37:57 am »

I've finally come to the epiphany, that you can't have a free state without a sovereignty, and I'd like to recommend bending our efforts toward sponsoring an official state convention which will examine and demand the sovereignty of NH, and encouraging other states to do the same.
State freedom ended in 1861-1865, when Lincoln suppressed the fredom of every state under force of arms. Since then, chaos erupted as the union became a self-proclaimed NATION, with the term "empire" being perhaps too strong a word for some to accept.

We must by now realize, that the ONLY hope of recovering our sovereign rights as free individuals, is to likewise recover the sovereignty of the free STATES-- otherwise, such "freedom" is in name only.

Therefore I'd like to contact the chief administrators of the FSP in order to organize this effort.

The FSP is a bus.  If you think a lot of its members agree to this, then move to NH. Once there, recruit 1,000s of people to help you and do it.

lordpoee

• Murray Computer Science Group
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 07:44:05 am »

Seccession is a dangerous word. In this modern world however, words like "terrorism" and "criminal conspiracy" replace old words like "revolution" and "liberation"

The law is designed to hold the united states on federal Authority. The FedGov wants the United States to be "The Republic of America" One government for all.

America is too big to be controlled by the FedGov. They know this. This is why the National ID Act was passed. It is an attempt to usurp more power from the state government as was the Interstate Commerce Act and Emanate Domain. The federal government is fighting a winning battle and the reason: Lethargy. We live in a generation that opposing rocking the boat.

And what if New Hampshire managed to Secceed from the US? They would only sanction us into submission or tarriff us to death. Fortunately new Hampshire is coastal. (How much of the water does New Hampshire lay claim to?)

A second Civil war would be bloodier than anyone could imagine. Would new Hampshire win the approval of it's local National Guard? If not you would find yourself fighting a (better armed) enemy within. Local free standing Militias would not have the fire power necessary to be effective. Air Support wins wars.

Such a war would not be feasible no matter how necessary it becomes. However Canada won their Independence by suing England! If ya can't beat 'em with bullets, baffle them with paperwork! But the FedGov would not submit to such legislation, it would outlaw it and arrest all involved.

America also has another problem: They think you have to be either Democrat or Republican an any vote cast for an "outsider" party just cut-throats votes for the democrats. I hear this in political chat rooms ALL the time. The fact: More and More people vote libertarian every year! The Electoral College destroys our chances of getting a libertarian in office. Ron Paul is a registered Republican, he infiltrated. Such political heroism must be commended and hopefully duplicated.

George Washington opposed the formation of political parties, he said that forming political parties would do more damage to the country than any war. And that's why they call him the father of our country. (he was actually the eighth president not the first.) John Hanson was the first president and six more followed after him before Washington ever held the title.

Washington did not want to be president despite the pressure people put on him to do so.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 07:25:16 pm by lordpoee »

maffew

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2005, 11:45:36 pm »

Succession is a dangerous word. Texas execute Sam Houston because he disagreed. Two years later they admitted their error. In this modern world however, words like "terrorism" and "criminal conspiracy" replace old words like "revolution" and "liberation"

Since when was Sam Houston executed? 

Roycerson

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2005, 01:38:40 pm »

I've finally come to the epiphany, that you can't have a free state without a sovereignty,

That's a recent epiphany?  you've been talking about the "State Sovereignty Project" for some time now.  Follow the link below to see where you called it a "Vital Prerequisite".

Here you say it's a recent epiphany...  I think it's just something you figured you could say that would give you another reason to bring up secession.  Why are you being deceitful?  I haven't been on the forums much at all lately but here it is the first post I've seen by you and the first sentence is something I know to be an outright lie.  Surely you know that you are transparent to anyone who pays attention.

http://forum.freestateproject.org//index.php?topic=10474.msg141442#msg141442
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 01:47:54 pm by Roycerson »
He who is slow to believe anything and everything is of great understanding, for belief in one false principle is the beginning of all unwisdom....Anton LaVey

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2005, 05:07:37 pm »

We do not need to force the issue through succesion. The Federal constitution calls for a union that is loose enough to allow what most would call state "sovreignty". We must assert New Hampshire's state rights under the constitution. This may cause conflict with the Feds, but it does not necessitate sucession.
Most of you are intelligent enough to anticipate the response of the Feds to noncompliance with their mandates. Many states saw the response that came when they allowed medical marijuana. It wouldn't be civil war, but there would be bloodshed. If a federal agent were enforcing an unconstitutional law, we would have to arrest that agent and either jail or execute him/her. If that agent resisted, we would have to neutralize them.
It would be an ugly situation, but not so drastic as sucession. If someone violates a person's constitutional rights, then they are violating the law, we must simply enforce the law.

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2005, 08:40:13 pm »

One of the things that really gets on my tits is folks mixing up the words "secession" and "succession".  They have extremely different meanings.
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

lordpoee

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 07:26:58 pm »

Spelling error on a forum....go figure.

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 12:35:40 pm »

Because you'll never get the board to approve anything about secession..  ::)

Oh? Too bad.

http://web.archive.org/web/20020819123604/http://www.freestateproject.org/

"The Free State Project is a plan in which 20,000 or more liberty-oriented people will move to a single state of the U.S. to secure there a free society. We will accomplish this by first reforming state law, opting out of federal mandates, and finally negotiating directly with the federal government for appropriate political autonomy. We will be a community of freedom-loving individuals and families, and create a shining example of liberty for the rest of the nation and the world."

lordpoee

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 07:52:22 am »

Yup the soaunds about right...

lordpoee

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2005, 11:07:45 am »

Something interesting to read my FreeStaters

http://www.hawaii-nation.org/

sandm000

• Brian
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 08:15:38 am »

I thought that Hawaiian Nation sounded familiar

It sounds like the Hawaiian Liberation Organization from a really crappy movie starring Dean Cain and Wesley Snipes
(Think RollerBall with James Caan Crashes into RollerBall with LL Cool J which sideswipes Prayer of the Roller Boys)

http://www.walhello.info/future+sport.html

Anyway enough of this secession talk what about Disolution of the state?  If there is no state, it will be infinitely more difficult for them to enact sanctions against individuals. (I'm making this as a suggestion before any so called 2nd civil wars are started and the facist state is trying, on paper, to levy sanctions)

A government is not legitimate merely because it exists. 
-Jeane J. Kirkpatrick

The government's War on Poverty has transformed poverty from a short-term misfortune into a career choice.-Harry Browne

We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work.-Milton Friedman

lordpoee

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2005, 02:56:42 am »

if the state is dissolved there are provisions, so that the surrounding states can assimilate the territory.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up