Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Californians on the Youth Board?  (Read 6108 times)

Neo-Jeffersonian

• Life Boy Scout and NRA Sharpshooter.
Any Californians on the Youth Board?
« on: August 19, 2005, 01:59:09 pm »

Hey all,

I was just wondering if there were any other Californians on the youth board.  I'm from Northern California.

ta ta,

/Jeff.
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"--Patrick Henry, 1776

"It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked." --Unknown.

Power Penguin

• LG Coordinator / First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I know where (some of) you live!
    • Protect your property from theft!
Re: Any Californians on the Youth Board?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 09:10:17 pm »

Yeah. Kind of at least. That's where I grew up and where my perminant residence (quote/unquote) is, but I'm actually at school in WA state right now. I'm 20. Yourself? I'm originally from socal. Norcal 'hella' sucks! Sorry I just had to get it out once and for all 8-)
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?

Neo-Jeffersonian

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 11:31:38 pm »

Well, we'll just say I'm under 20.  Where at in WA State?  I've got a friend who goes to school at Seattle Pacific University.  Eh... I like Northern California.  But it get's kinda boring.  I'd rather live in the Bay Area than up in the north.  But I'd rather live in the north than the south, no offense.  I'm hoping to go to school in the bay area.  Stanford Law, with any luck.  What about you?  What are you studying?

Jefferson
"I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"--Patrick Henry, 1776

"It is the path of least resistance that makes rivers and men crooked." --Unknown.

Power Penguin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 02:22:35 am »

San Ban Cisco? What? 8-) I'm studying Politics & Govt. Basically, this is what you would traditionally think of as 'political science', but the academic community over the last 10 years or so has shifted to calling it something else and changing the way things are researched and taught a bit. Long story short, they admitted that there was no science in 'political science' :D.

Are you for returning CA to being a true republic like it says on the flag? I am- I could even put up w/ norcal if it would help :D
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?

Neo-Jeffersonian

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 11:37:20 am »

Hmm... Yeah, I'm planning on going into political science/law. 

As to the California Republic...  Well, I'm really not sure.  What exactly do you mean by that?  Do you mean separation from the union, or just a shift in tendencies from the very Direct-Democracy system that we have today to a more republican (little 'r') style of government?  In terms of separating from the union, I'm not sure I trust the people of California enough to still live in this state if they decided to secede.  But I don't know enough about the current system, let alone older and perhaps better systems that exist to give you an opinion either way.  I'm actually taking a US Government class of which the first half is based on CA Government.

Speaking of which, I have a test in that class in an hour and a half, so I've gotta git.

.Jefferson.

SPITFIRE

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 04:09:19 pm »

hey did any of you guys go to the Freedom Conference in Irvine, CA back in the beginning of March???  just wondering.  I was dying to go but just couldn't get my lazy ass all the way across the country....
"What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."�
The Matrix

Power Penguin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 07:59:05 pm »

I think I *may* have heared of this, but I'm not sure. Was it unique, or was it in several places in various states? What was it?

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 11:25:32 pm »

Hey, I'm going to be in LA for a couple of weeks as of this weekend.  Does anyone know of any LP/taxpayers/FSP groups meeting in southern CA during the last half of May?  I'd love to make a plug for the FSP.

--Max
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything