Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modular homes revisited? (Lloyd)  (Read 18752 times)

freedominnh

Re: Modular homes revisited? (Lloyd)
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2005, 07:03:42 am »

Do not confuse manufactured housing (doublewide mobiles) with modular homes.  The problem with all new construction is you need a minium 650 middle fico score and have to provide 3 months of bank statements and two years of income tax returns.  Most lenders will go up to 41% on housing ratio if total debt doesnot exceed 50%.   Lenders will not lend on manufactured homes on leased land.  Let the buyer beware.

Most modular home companies will cad design your home.  It is rare now that they don't provide you that service.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2005, 07:05:47 am by freedominnh »

ThomasPaine

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2005, 08:28:17 am »

Lenders will not lend on manufactured homes on leased land.

Luckily in NH the NH Community Loan Fund has helped I believe 70+ mobile home parks purchase the land that they have formally leased. Not as individual lots but rather owned jointly.

TeePee

freedominnh

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2005, 11:15:14 am »

Excellent point Park coops are an excellent way to control future destinies.  Law requires a 60 day right of first refusal to park tenants prior to existing park owner excepting any agreeable offer. 

vermass

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Member Desert Storm veteran
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2005, 08:19:33 pm »

"All I can say to doubters of modulars is go look at high quality modulars."

Who are the cmpanies?  I've spent hours researching green/solar modulars and so far, I'm not finding what I want.  This seems like such a huge business opportunity.  To provide low cost, simple, small (and larger), close to energy independent, and attractive modulars.  I'm thinking that I just haven't found the company to deliver my new home yet.

Brian
Huntington homes. Premier Builders.
"Give me liberty or give me death!"

FreeBoB

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2005, 08:35:09 pm »

Thanks vermass,

I visited them online.  It looks like excellent quality, but standard construction, not solar and energy focused modular.  I'll look again.

Brian

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2005, 05:37:16 pm »

Another option to modular and steel buildings are domes. I have been looking at http://www.aidomes.com/ and if energy efficiency is what you are after it doesn't get much better. Standard 7" EPS (R-28) and an option for 9"EPS (R-36). They are even energy star rated.

Great thread so far!!

Have just read the energy efficiency section of that aidomes site.. wow.  I'm with Brian, I definitely want an efficient, original, custom built home, and would be happy to give business to Porcs.

I think I'm just going to buy a used house outright first though, so I can get up there and learn the area before custom building.

150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up