Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2006 Dates?  (Read 32946 times)

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
Re: 2006 Dates?
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2005, 03:31:45 pm »

Lloyd, I never assume that someone with other things in mind got the joke.  Ghod nose I miss enough of them myself.

(Note to self -- just a hint of ipecac in Lloyd's refill bowl next year, so he'll learn respect).
--
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd@comcast.net

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

lloydbob1

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2005, 03:38:37 pm »

BASTARD!

I fixed the date on my post, so, now it looks like you're nuts!
Brahahahah
« Last Edit: October 13, 2005, 03:52:15 pm by Lloyd Danforth (lloydbob1) »

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2005, 04:25:56 pm »

Lloyd, I knew I was some strange a long time ago.  Before at least half of the Free State signatories were born.  And no, I don't plan to use ipecac, that qualifies as initiation of force and I don't do such things outside of my (sick) imagination.

Kristos, I've got to get out of Jersey.  The place ruins the mind even when the TV is turned off.

Whenever and wherever PorcFest 2006 happens, there _will_ be chili.  If somebody can provide me with a dead moose (or even just a leg quarter) between now and then, I'll be very grateful.  It's a meat I haven't cooked, but I'm not a hunter (yet) and nobody seems to be farming them as a food product.
--

Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.  (Denis Diderot)

lloydbob1

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2005, 07:12:10 pm »

Maybe that guy who came to P'fest last year, but, not this, will come next year and hit a moose for us.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2005, 02:02:45 am »

Well our party is happening at Rogers 6/19-24/2006. 8)

You will have to wait for Katers announcement of the porcfest dates.

Cool stuff.  I'll likely be in Army Camp, but what type of activities will I be missing?
Mostly just hanging out and shootin the breeze around the campfire. We are not setting up speakers or anything. Shorty Dawkins might be in attendance. :)
If the porcfest is held in a place where the gun nuts can't fire away .... then maybe they will be headed to Rogers with us.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2005, 02:16:05 am »

Frankly, this seems like an act of aggression to me. ..... It's another thing entirely to attempt to sabotage what is the biggest social and fundraising event of the FSP each year by holding a competing event at the most likely PorcFest location, at roughly the same time of year, and encouraging FSP members to attend.  That's why I asked on your wiki if there was any info I was missing. I sincerely hope I am misinterpreting this, Russell.   :( 
Oh no ..... now am I violating ZAP or something? ;)
I am guessing that porcfest 2006 will be held somewhere other than Rogers and at a different time of year, but we don't know. I am giving people the opportunity to plan.
I am not stealing any of their speakers, nor am I purposely stealing their dates. If porcfest ends up in June at Rogers, then I will have just helped. If not, then I will be giving people options. :)

DaveM - I don't know it all or best. I do know when I will be partying at Rogers next summer. (June 19th-24th) Look forward to seeing you there.  :D
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2005, 08:11:38 am »

Lol.  Thanks, Ward, for reminding me to find my sense of humor.   ;D 

Lest anyone charge me with planning in secret, here's a little update: I am considering several campgrounds south of the notches, and have been in talks with one in particular regarding availability and pricing.  Unfortunately, as much of the state is a little soggy, they've experienced some flooding of late, and most of their staff has been either handling that or on a resultingly much-deserved vacation.  Thus, I've had to wait to get firm numbers, although I've been assured that I will get some by the middle of next week.  I am also making an effort to see one or two more campgrounds in person over the next 10 days or so. 

As I believe I've said before, I'd be thrilled to get suggestions for possible locations, although obviously the time for a decision is drawing quite near.  If anyone has a great possibility in mind--particularly if you are able to visit it and actually make a case to me (which would certainly help expedite the process)--jump on in.  Also, I did forget that someone had floated the idea of moving the festival to another season.  For this year, at least, not gonna happen.  Campground gods willing, I'd like to go back to late June to put us out of peak season.  Actually, Russell and Kat appear to be lobbying for my absolute first pick for dates, which is slightly ironic.
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

Ward Griffiths

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Canvas and Quicklime
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2005, 08:30:53 am »

Lol.  Thanks, Ward, for reminding me to find my sense of humor.   ;D 
Always glad to help.  Now I've got to figure out which of my obnoxious little lines did the job and see if it works on La Esposa.
Lest anyone charge me with planning in secret, here's a little update: I am considering several campgrounds south of the notches, and have been in talks with one in particular regarding availability and pricing.  Unfortunately, as much of the state is a little soggy, they've experienced some flooding of late, and most of their staff has been either handling that or on a resultingly much-deserved vacation.  Thus, I've had to wait to get firm numbers, although I've been assured that I will get some by the middle of next week.  I am also making an effort to see one or two more campgrounds in person over the next 10 days or so.
Torrential rain of rain just following a torrential rain of leaf-peepers is a fair excuse for a vacation.

As I believe I've said before, I'd be thrilled to get suggestions for possible locations, although obviously the time for a decision is drawing quite near.  If anyone has a great possibility in mind--particularly if you are able to visit it and actually make a case to me (which would certainly help expedite the process)--jump on in.  Also, I did forget that someone had floated the idea of moving the festival to another season.  For this year, at least, not gonna happen.  Campground gods willing, I'd like to go back to late June to put us out of peak season.  Actually, Russell and Kat appear to be lobbying for my absolute first pick for dates, which is slightly ironic.
It was fairly obvious, that being the week before the price goes up just about everywhere north of Maryland.
--

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2005, 09:39:52 am »

As I believe I've said before, I'd be thrilled to get suggestions for possible locations, although obviously the time for a decision is drawing quite near.  ... I'd like to go back to late June to put us out of peak season.  Actually, Russell and Kat appear to be lobbying for my absolute first pick for dates, which is slightly ironic.
I recommend Rogers during the 3rd week in June. 8)

lloydbob1

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2005, 10:09:34 am »

As I believe I've said before, I'd be thrilled to get suggestions for possible locations,

I was gonna say....

There is this nice campground in Lancaster that has neverything we need and already has the approval of several hundred Porc's.

Lloyd

DC

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2005, 10:33:11 am »

As I believe I've said before, I'd be thrilled to get suggestions for possible locations,

I was gonna say....

There is this nice campground in Lancaster that has neverything we need and already has the approval of several hundred Porc's.

Lloyd

Is there some reason that you are unwilling to think of the possibility of another campground?
Governments view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves ,tax it.If it keeps moving,regulate it.And if it stops moving,subsidise it.--Ronald Reagan-- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys P.J. O'Rourke

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2005, 11:19:02 am »

Thanks, Lloyd.  Yes, I'm aware of Roger's and it's a finalist.  ;)

But, unlike our president, I'm going to do my best to make my choice on the merits, rather than on the basis of my familiarity with one candidate.   :P
www.ronpaulhq.com

lloydbob1

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2005, 04:23:01 pm »

I was gonna say....

Lloyd

Is there some reason that you are unwilling to think of the possibility of another campground?

1)We've been there two years, three counting 'Escape to New Hampshire'  Everything has worked fine.  We have the Rogers people well trained.
2)I understand that in the past, when they looked for another campground, they couldn't find one as big with a motel on sight.
3) No one has come up with a good reason to change.  Hell, no one has come up with any reason to change

I've don't understand why these decisions are made by a group of people who only show up for the last couple of days of Porcfest.

DC

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2005, 05:12:56 pm »

1)We've been there two years, three counting 'Escape to New Hampshire'  Everything has worked fine.  We have the Rogers people well trained.
2)I understand that in the past, when they looked for another campground, they couldn't find one as big with a motel on sight.
3) No one has come up with a good reason to change.  Hell, no one has come up with any reason to change

I've don't understand why these decisions are made by a group of people who only show up for the last couple of days of Porcfest.

Thanks Lloyd. I am planning on being there the whole time next year.
Governments view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves ,tax it.If it keeps moving,regulate it.And if it stops moving,subsidise it.--Ronald Reagan-- Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys P.J. O'Rourke

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2005, 05:53:34 pm »

Lloyd, I understand that this is important to you, but don't you think that might have been just a tad over the line?  I have been and remain very interested in your input, and am doing my best to make a fair and impartial decision. 
www.ronpaulhq.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up