Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 2006 Dates?  (Read 32991 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: 2006 Dates?
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2005, 08:15:17 am »

Lloyd and I are trying to make your decision easier Kate. There is nothing really wrong with Rogers, so that seems like a good choice.

I would rather have it at a campground or hotel in Keene,  ;D  but that wouldn't be the best option for everyone.

Some of us are going to be camping at Rogers in June, if porcfest joins us/takes over ..... that would be  8)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

lloydbob1

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2005, 09:29:27 am »

I've don't understand why these decisions are made by a group of people who only show up for the last couple of days of Porcfest.

Lloyd, I understand that this is important to you, but don't you think that might have been just a tad over the line?  I have been and remain very interested in your input, and am doing my best to make a fair and impartial decision. 

No.

lloydbob1

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2005, 08:08:18 pm »

I've don't understand why these decisions are made by a group of people who only show up for the last couple of days of Porcfest.

Lloyd, I understand that this is important to you, but don't you think that might have been just a tad over the line?  I have been and remain very interested in your input, and am doing my best to make a fair and impartial decision. 

WHOOPS!  I was just thinking about my statement.  I wasn't refering to you Kate.  After all, you're the Zarina.  I didn't want the job, especially if they would call me Zarina, but, I don't recall any of the hundreds of people, some of whom came hundreds of miles,  I spent hanging around the campfire with for 7 nights say, "Hey, we oughta do this somewhere else, next year!"

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2005, 09:31:47 am »

Trust me, duly noted.  It's not my mission in life to move the festival; it's my mission in life to have it at the best location possible.  As for the decision-making, while it does come down to me, my major sounding board is Jean--who, if I recall correctly, was there for the entire week.  :P 
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

jeanius

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2005, 10:48:21 am »

Yes, I was there all week this year.  I had one munchkin with the flu which made me invisible most of the time and sleep deprived all of the time, but I was there all week.

Roger's is a nice location.  It's beautiful, big enough, has an enclosed speakers location and it does have a motel on site. 

We have an elderly class A motorhome and have stayed at many locations across the country.  Rogers is nice but not the best place ever.  I think a lot of the feelings about it are due to experiences we have all had there.  And I strongly suspect that those experiences will be replicated *wherever* we gather. Does anyone truly believe that Roger's is the gate for those memories?  For me, it was hands down the people and conversation.  I have never been more invigorated about achieving liberty and the Free State.

I personally think it would be fun to move the festival periodically.  No, not just move it for movings sake, but there are things to be gained by doing so.  The one location Kate has referred to is *very* nice, more than big enough, nice speaker facility, a couple of additonal rooms if we need them,  in a location with more resources surrounding, etc.  There wouldn't be any compromising on resources in our opinion.  But, it is also good to allow our visitors the option to experience different parts of the state and *also* to let different parts of the state to get to know us.  Even if we go with Roger's this year, it's getting small with respect to facilities and we will outgrow it, if we haven't already.

We all want PF to be a success.  Give Kate a chance to finish up the selection/decision process.  She is being very thoughtful and taking many things into consideration.

Jean

« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 11:28:37 am by Jean »

lloydbob1

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2005, 09:31:56 pm »

The one location Kate has referred to is *very* nice, more than big enough, nice speaker facility, a couple of additonal rooms if we need them,  in a location with more resources surrounding, etc. 
  Motel on site?

But, it is also good to allow our visitors the option to experience different parts of the state
  They can do that themselves.

and *also* to let different parts of the state to get to know us. 
  Weak!

Even if we go with Roger's this year, it's getting small with respect to facilities and we will outgrow it, if we haven't already.
  Granted, a little short of sitting room during that one day of speaches.  enough room, but, we need more chairs.

We all want PF to be a success.  Give Kate a chance to finish up the selection/decision process.  She is being very thoughtful and taking many things into consideration.

Jean

Fine, but, I have yet to see a good reason to change anything.

kater

• the greater
  • FSP Participant
  • NH Resident
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2005, 08:09:15 am »

Hey Lloyd: fair enough. ;)

I'm not convinced of anything yet, so I don't see why you should have to be either.  Let me get a little more information (hopefully today), and we'll see where we stand.
It's time for President Paul.
www.ronpaulhq.com

lloydbob1

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2005, 05:16:50 pm »

Why shouldn't I be convinced that Roger's is perfectly adequate?

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2005, 11:04:31 pm »

No idea when porcfest is going to be? :-\
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2005, 11:09:34 pm »

Why is it that the impression I get of the FSP, is that it is all about porcfest?

artienewport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2005, 11:12:23 pm »

Well, it could be transistioned into a profitable business venture if so desired.

8)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2005, 06:48:27 am »

I don't think we could do that by commitee. You should just throw your own for profit party. :)

lloydbob1

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2005, 07:29:10 am »

Why is it that the impression I get of the FSP, is that it is all about porcfest?

Whith our potential neighbors visiting from afar and hanging out, it's like a weeklong example of what living in the Freestate will be like.....minus having to get up and go to work. :D

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2005, 07:36:27 pm »

any news?

Otosan

• FSP Participant
  • I'm ready to move, anywhere, anytime!
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2005, 06:06:18 pm »

W E L L ? ? ?    ??? ??? ???
"The perfect slave is the slave who thinks that he is free."
- [Unknown]
Taxes are the extra money we give the government to do  good things! (2nd grade Social Studies book)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up