Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Porc Fest v. National LP Conv in OR  (Read 4710 times)

Power Penguin

• LG Coordinator / First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I know where (some of) you live!
    • Protect your property from theft!
Porc Fest v. National LP Conv in OR
« on: February 11, 2006, 04:12:47 pm »

I have a dilemma here: Should I go as a delegate to the LP national convention in Portland, OR this summer or PorcFest? There's a time overlap, and even if there wasn't I wouldn't have enough $ to do both. What would be the pros/cons of each? I'm leaning toward PF, but convince me 8-).

BTW, I haven't asked him yet (just thought of it now), but perhaps my cousin would be interested in coming with me as well. He's not exactly a libertarian, but he's always up for an adventure and he can probably be persuaded easily :D. Like a lot of us, me included, you can sometimes feel like you should abandon your ideas and just accept others if you don't see others of like mind. This is why he's a quasi-Republican (a RINO but in a good way). 
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
Re: Porc Fest v. National LP Conv in OR
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 05:46:15 pm »

The national LP convention would be interesting, but not nearly as fun as PorcFest. The convention is overrun with the geeks of libertarianism. They're like Trekkies: so consumed with the minutiae, you have to wonder if they even enjoy the show.

I like your energy and enthusiasm both here and on the Underground. I hope you'll go to PorcFest, so you can meet the people who are living the FSP instead of talking about it.

Kevin

lloydbob1

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 09:16:30 pm »

Come to Porcfest and watch the Convention on C-span when You get home!

freedomroad

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 11:44:50 pm »

I have a dilemma here: Should I go as a delegate to the LP national convention in Portland, OR this summer or PorcFest? There's a time overlap, and even if there wasn't I wouldn't have enough $ to do both. What would be the pros/cons of each? I'm leaning toward PF, but convince me 8-).

BTW, I haven't asked him yet (just thought of it now), but perhaps my cousin would be interested in coming with me as well. He's not exactly a libertarian, but he's always up for an adventure and he can probably be persuaded easily :D. Like a lot of us, me included, you can sometimes feel like you should abandon your ideas and just accept others if you don't see others of like mind. This is why he's a quasi-Republican (a RINO but in a good way). 

You can go to both.  I was going to go to both.  However, my boss would not let me :( so I'm just gonna spend a couple extra days in NH!!!

Power Penguin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 01:20:03 am »

Why is your boss a "Godless Republicrat"? :D
Concerned about privacy? If so, check out the official Asset Protection Crash Course. How can you afford not to?

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 01:28:02 am »

Why is your boss a "Godless Republicrat"? :D

No.  I work for a company that sells food and it will not let me take one of the best sales days on the Summer off.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 10:23:05 am »

Many of the folks I have talked to have thought of Porc Fest as a life changing event.
Perhaps you just might want to stop by and see for yourself. :)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 10:25:12 am by Dave Mincin »
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

FreeBoB

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 10:28:59 am »

PorcFest!  New Hampshire!

When are you moving to NH powerpenguin?  If you go to PorcFest, you'll want to move sooner.  ;D

Brian

Power Penguin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 09:39:50 pm »

As of now, I want to move there as soon as I can after finishing college in spring, '08. Realistically, I could maybe get there during the summer, but I would probably be completely or close to bankrupt if I did that. I could move in the winter, but since you guys actually have real weather over there, Spring or summer '09 would be more logistially sound, right?

FreeBoB

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2006, 09:52:20 pm »

Maybe you could locate a job in NH upon graduation... ;D

Power Penguin

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 02:11:52 am »

Yeah I'm working on it. Anyone have a use for privacy related services? Seriously, I only do that and IT, so take your pic ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up