Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mulling over the decision to join.  (Read 3418 times)

Valerius

• FSP Participant
Mulling over the decision to join.
« on: August 01, 2005, 12:59:02 pm »

Hi. I'm another young potential Freestater who is deciding whether or not to join. I'm 19 years old, and I'm a college student. I plan on attending law school after finishing my undergrad. and I'm aiming to study in New Hampshire.

Now, the school is in Concord, and it's unclear to me whether the FSP intends to have members live in the same general area, or if the whole state is fair game for moving?
Civilisation is the process toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilisation is the process of setting man free from men.

Posterity

• FSP Participant
Re: Mulling over the decision to join.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 01:12:21 pm »

You can choose to live in any area of New Hampshire you'd like.
"...secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity..."

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 01:14:47 pm »

There's no more perfect a town than Concord if you plan to do political things.

Brien

• I'm a Leo
    • standard transportation
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2005, 02:24:48 pm »

From the very intelligent post I read regarding free trade with China, I am very impressed.  All of NH is a great state, but the University is located in the S.E,  in Durham.  That is where you will find others similar to your age.  Not to mention the University and all it has to offer. :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 09:40:29 am by Brien »
No country can be well governed unless its citizens as a body keep religiously before their minds that they are the guardians of the law, and that the law officers are only the machinery for its execution, nothing more......M. T.

JackMan

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2005, 08:54:50 pm »

The only accredited law school in New Hampshire is in Concord, and it's a fine school, but a higher percentage of NH attorneys probably went to one of the 5 Boston law schools instead (simply due to the sheer numbers they churn out).  Either way is fine for pursuing a legal career in NH, but living and going to school in Concord is surely easier and less expensive.

Valerius

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 12:13:05 pm »

JackMan: thanks for the info. Yeah, the school I was talking about was Pierce Law, but you knew that, apparently. :) Mostly, the factors of price and convenience that you mentioned are the big driving factors for my decision.
Brien: thanks for the positive comment on my China remarks! I'd also looked up the Univ. Of New Hampshire, but they don't have a law program, and it would make sense for me to stay put to finish out my undergraduate work (since I'll already have a good deal of my major's coursework out of the way by the end of this coming school year, and it'll only be a couple more years anyway).
Civilisation is the process toward a society of privacy. The savage's whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilisation is the process of setting man free from men.

Gabo

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 12:56:48 pm »

Valerius:

If you do intend to study law and go into that business, I have a small suggestion.
DONT become involved with the BAR, and DONT register with them.
Instead, become a legal counsellor (not a lawyer) for people.

As a legal counsellor, you are simply there to HELP the person you defend, instead of acting in their place.
In all my experiences, lawyers are devious and shady in their ways, often seeming as if they are on the judges side, not the client's.
Lawyers have the power to make decisions for their client without the client's consideration, something very unfair.

Legal counsellors, on the other hand, are just there to help the client win their case.
I love my country!

It's my government that sucks...

Brien

• I'm a Leo
    • standard transportation
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 03:57:14 pm »

Valerius:  Good for you.  I wish my children were as focused as you seem to be now.  I have a lawyer for a brother , or should I say a brother for a lawyer.  But it makes sense both ways.  He attended Vermont Law School up in S Royalton Vermont.  We were very close back then, and still are, even today here in Connecticut.  He has opted for the Bahamas as his goal and already owns two condo buildings there.  I had one, but sold it.  Never could get there and didn't care for the "third world" atmosphere there among the natives.  But that's another story.

Even though NH is colder, I have more experience there and I enjoy and admire the protection of the US Constitution.   South Royalton, VT is a very small community and it was an excellent choice for his law education.  I am not familiar with Pierce in Concord, but that it a city compared to South Royalton.  My point here is that as far as cities go, Concord is also tiny.  It reminds me of Salem Or if you ever been there.

All of Hillsborough, Merrimack and Belknap Counties are a good bet for relocation.  I have posted some good areas proximate to Concord in other posts regarding where to locate in NH.  Please feel free to ask questions about anywhere in, or around Concord, NH.  I lived in Pembroke for a short while back in 86.  Not far from where Christa McCauliffe came from before the space shuttle blew her up.

Best of luck in your law studies.  And btw, there is nothing wrong with taking, and passing the bar.  You can always decide what you want to do after that successful experience.  It opens doors that otherwise maybe closed if you didn't pass the bar. :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 04:01:05 pm by Brien »
No country can be well governed unless its citizens as a body keep religiously before their minds that they are the guardians of the law, and that the law officers are only the machinery for its execution, nothing more......M. T.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 08:16:33 pm »

And btw, there is nothing wrong with taking, and passing the bar.  You can always decide what you want to do after that successful experience.  It opens doors that otherwise maybe closed if you didn't pass the bar. :)
True no need to limit yourself.

Join up.

carkmouch

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 12:21:58 am »

Im a soon to be college student living in Missouri, and Im wondering if to join or not either

my thread is down a few
Pages: [1]   Go Up