Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: any musicians moving?  (Read 13921 times)

chadeous

Re: any musicians moving?
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2005, 09:18:21 pm »

if that's an all expensive paid concert, i'm definitly in. i play contrabass. i'm still an early student but i can stumble through music. seems there aren't a whole lot of us double bassists out there?

Klaus

• FSP Participant
  • (The Swiss) are most armed and most free.
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2005, 09:08:42 pm »

if that's an all expensive paid concert, i'm definitly in.

Well, only if we get the expensive tux and tails, and the champagne waterfall... ;D

seems there aren't a whole lot of us double bassists out there?

Probably not...a bass fiddle would be a nice addition.  I suspect, however, you will need to find a way to get yourself and your oversized fish to NH.  Once you're there however, you'll find lots of folks willing to buy you a beer, or champagne if you'd like... ;)

Nik
All the armies in the world are not so powerful as an idea whose time has come.
- Victor Hugo

lordpoee

• Murray Computer Science Group
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2005, 08:46:13 am »

I am a bit of a musician. ( a very little bit.) I play guitar, but I ain't no Jimmy Hendrix. If you need something to scare the dogs out from under your front porch you can play this for em..but they mught not come back lol  http://www.myspace.com/thesporkcult

GnuAttitude22

« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2005, 03:09:31 pm »

I would like to know how many classical musicians are out there that are FSPers and Libertarian.

Let me know.  Would like to start a Chamber Music Group.

I'm a violist.  8) I typically play in a community Chamber group.  I bet FSP/libertarian violists are even more rare than contrabassos  ;)

Seriously considering a move to NH even though I'm a lifelong Southerner and I definately want to continue playing my viola in a group.   ;D

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2005, 03:32:04 pm »

A number of us lifelong southerners have made the move. It has been more than a year for me. It's been great!

Come on in! The water's fine! ;)

Cathleen

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2005, 08:48:00 am »

I would like to know how many classical musicians are out there that are FSPers and Libertarian.

Let me know.  Would like to start a Chamber Music Group.

I'm a violist.  8) I typically play in a community Chamber group.  I bet FSP/libertarian violists are even more rare than contrabassos  ;)

Seriously considering a move to NH even though I'm a lifelong Southerner and I definately want to continue playing my viola in a group.   ;D

Cool. The Chamber Music group can definitely use your talents, once it gets up and running.  :D

RidleyReport

• FSP Participant
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2005, 07:06:23 pm »

i'm a vocalist in a wierd sort of way, always looking for some producer types to hook up with...doesn't matter that much what genre but electronic is probably best to attach me to.   Here's a half completed tune I did a while back...

http://home.earthlink.net/~dadaorwell/Gimmee_Draft_3.mp3

I'm already in NH, pm me if you want to collaborate.
http://RidleyReport.com
http://NHexit.com - If Britain can do it, New Hampshire can do it

pcwallis

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2005, 08:37:05 pm »

We are starting a music and Shakespeare school and performing for next summer.  Either my wife or Alan will get ahold of you.  If we have not gotten back to you in three weeks e-mail me thru this forum.

pcwallis
Wisconsin

StraitShooter

• Near Toronto
    • RKBA in Canada
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2006, 01:57:08 am »

I play Hammond organ and piano, and I sing.  Mostly blues (and some jazz) for the last few years, but played lots of rock, R&R, R&B, and anything else that paid when I was doing it full time.  8)  Can find my way around a guitar pretty well, as well as flute and sax.

Probably going to be a few years before I can get to NH -- got quite a few ducks that need to get lined up -- but would love to do some playing once I'm there.

Freedom Rock and Liberty Roll?   ;D 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2006, 01:58:58 am by StraitShooter »
"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty,  he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself."
--Thomas Paine (1737-1809), conclusion,  _Dissertation on First Principles of Government,_1795

Sherri

• FSP Participant
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2006, 05:50:17 pm »

We are in WA now. My husband (Matt) is a instrument repair tech and guitar teacher, he is 30 and I am 27. We both LOVE to jam and meet new people to make music with! The only thing holding us up on making the move so far is trying to figure out where to go and if they have a place we can start giving lessons out of. Maybe a music store that needs a repair tech. Right now Matt works for 2 separate collages giving lessons and has his own studio space to repair out of. We desperately want to move though just so we can start our new life and settle. We have 3 children.

PLEASE SEND US AN E-MAIL IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY OPENINGS!
Matt has an amazing resume and all of his students and prior employers will vouch for him. Kids and adults love to play with him!

Stay in touch-
     In Peace, Love Sherri          you can also e-mail us at matsherevelis@msn.com

varrin

• Former FSP President
  • FSP Participant
  • THE air male
    • Varrin's FSP Info Page
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2006, 03:56:25 am »

The only thing holding us up on making the move so far is trying to figure out where to go and if they have a place we can start giving lessons out of. Maybe a music store that needs a repair tech.

I don't of any openings per se, but I'd offer these few tips:

1:  Check out all of the colleges.  There's one in Keene, BTW (Keene State College)...
2:  Check out all of the music stores.  There's one in Keene, BTW (Cheshire Music)...
3:  Consider teaching out of your home and scamming public school kids.  A 'lil music, a 'lil lesson in freedom... :)  BTW, there's public schools in Keene.

Oops, was I plugging Keene??? :D

Seriously, though, whenever ya show up, look me up.  I'm out of town a lot, but I have a studio in my house and would love to play with some other porcs...

V-

Departed Fresno, PRC (Peoples Republic of California): October 18, 2004
Arrived Keene, FS (Free State!): October 25, 2004!
To contact me, please use email, not PM here.

lobstah

• FSP Participant
    • my music
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2006, 09:22:10 pm »

the portsmouth area has a huge music scene, as well as some jazz groups...worth checking out for musicians.

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2006, 12:12:15 am »

Oops, was I plugging Keene??? :D

Your job, Mr. President, is to plug New Hampshire.

But a little parochialism might be overlooked.  ;)

Kevin

Friday

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a browncoat!
    • Shire Liberty News
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2006, 07:55:49 am »

In the spirit of blatantly biased parochialism...  ;)

Manchester is the largest city in New Hampshire and has a surprisingly hopping nightlife for its size.  I know of several music stores in Manchester and Nashua without even looking for them.  Nashua has a Guitar Center. There are also LOTS of colleges in the Merrimack River Valley.  I have no idea how much competition there is for repair tech and/or teaching positions, but there should be opportunities here. 

Let us know what you decide!  :)
Shire Liberty News - spotlighting activism in New Hampshire: the frontier of freedom
http://www.shirelibertynews.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up