Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Business ideas: Who to tell?  (Read 12279 times)

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
Re: Business ideas: Who to tell?
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2005, 08:58:33 am »

EC,
 The difficulties we encountered all revolved around the fact that it was an existing building that could not be brought into total compliance with safety codes. There were constant negotiations about "best case" vs "reasonable request", in which they would waste our time asking for different scenarios. And of course they kept up the non-stop patter about "wanting to work with us for the public good".

EC

• Let Your Spirit Soar!
Re: Business ideas: Who to tell?
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2005, 12:41:46 pm »

EC,
 The difficulties we encountered all revolved around the fact that it was an existing building that could not be brought into total compliance with safety codes. There were constant negotiations about "best case" vs "reasonable request", in which they would waste our time asking for different scenarios. And of course they kept up the non-stop patter about "wanting to work with us for the public good".

Hi 5th,

I understand. It can be a rough road when 'grandstanding' to one degree or another to make their jobs seem important and pertinent and necessary goes on with 'in view' projects of that nature. Hats off to You for getting it done without major blow-ups or blow-outs.

"For The Public Good" translated in many cases..."My job IS important"

I promise You that 9 out of 10 times when I was up against similar situations in different cities that the original/first solution to conform to code to the best the existing building would allow was the best solution and the one used after days of going round and round in deliberation circles.

I usually excuse myself and walk away from circular discussions...
and get to another forward moving task : )
« Last Edit: August 04, 2005, 12:43:24 pm by EC »
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

anything