Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Business ideas: Who to tell?  (Read 12277 times)

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
Re: Business ideas: Who to tell?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 09:21:54 am »

Before I started in the home entertainment business, I worked as a lighting roadie.

One of the things I did was a 2 year long stint at an opera house as the assistant to the theater manager, basically running the joint...

Great. Are you self-employed? And do you still do anything in the theatre world?
I'm looking to gather people with knowledge of theatrical or classical music presentations, both indoor and out. Also people who could teach classes on some aspect of same.

pcwallis

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 10:06:40 am »

5th concerto

My wife has been playing classical music for a very long time.  She teaches at two colleges and one university.  We started a Chamber Music School here in Wis..   We are planning to move to NH in about 12 months.  We are presently starting two to three businesses to have up and running in NH when we get there.

If you would like e-mail me off  line or just post here but I think we need to talk!!

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 10:08:47 am »

5th concerto

My wife has been playing classical music for a very long time.  She teaches at two colleges and one university.  We started a Chamber Music School here in Wis..   We are planning to move to NH in about 12 months.  We are presently starting two to three businesses to have up and running in NH when we get there.

If you would like e-mail me off  line or just post here but I think we need to talk!!

Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

Phil,
I am The Shakespeare fellow who emailed you.  ;)
Alan Milner

pcwallis

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 10:56:33 am »

Joeyforpresident

I like your idea, now let's take it one step further.  We need to do a pre-market study.  This will outline the real estate development in size and scope and depth.  Then a market study needs to be performed and then a feasibility study.  [I would suggest that the proforma be set for an internal rate of return of 12% to start with - the projection should be for 5 or 10 years,. alot will depend on the debt structure]

Next we need to prepare options to purchase on land and buildings where we think the project should be located.  At the same time we need to be talking with lenders - investment bankers, mortgage brokers, even equity investors.  Also, at the same time we need to be talking quietly with local Village officials to make sure that their zoning and infrastructure capabilities can handle our development.

This is how we can get started.  Now we do need to talk further.  I have over three decades of financing and construction of real estate.  We need to pool our FSP resources now - i.e. who will do what so-forth.

Once we have the above moving along we still will have a hell of alot more work in front of us - but why not just do it!!!

Talk To Me
Phil Wallis
Wisconsin

jenn_dorsett

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2005, 04:14:33 pm »

5thconcerto,

I was very involved in my schools theater department just a few years ago, I loved it.  If you need any help, let me know.  I acted, helped with set design and construction, for one show I did costumes, set and was stage manager.  Of, course, these were not professional productions, but they were still pretty good, you get the idea.  Also, where would you want to do Shakespeare in the park?  I think people would love it (especially schools).

pcwallis

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 04:26:32 pm »

Jenn Dorsett and 5th Concerto

This whole music,  art and theater is opening up.  Just what NH needs!!  Jenn Dorsett, you should check out the section called "are there any musicians moving to NH?"

Hey everybody are there any more art,  music and theater people out there - speak up, classical to rock.

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 05:16:26 pm »

Jenn Dorset,
 I have been doing Shakespeare in the Park for the last 8 years, all over NH, VT, MA, CT, ME. I work with the New England Shakespeare Festival. It's time to develop a home for a very talented group of people.

Alan (5th concerto)

pcwallis

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 05:48:00 pm »

I agree - it is time to build a home for music, art and theater.

EC

• Let Your Spirit Soar!
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2005, 09:01:53 pm »

Hi 5thconcerto and Pcwallis...How are You?

...it is time to build a home for music, art and theater.

Let's find the place, the property and/or building in place to renovate and

Just Do It...Together!

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2005, 09:39:01 pm »

Hi 5thconcerto and Pcwallis...How are You?

...it is time to build a home for music, art and theater.

Let's find the place, the property and/or building in place to renovate and

Just Do It...Together!

EC,
 Happy to have your interest. Maybe pc has contacted you all ready. We are proceeding with initial plans. Suggest you contact me or pc via email to get caught up. We need folks like you.
Alan Milner
elizabethantimes@aol.com

Phil:  pcwallis@wi.rr.com

EC

• Let Your Spirit Soar!
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2005, 09:54:20 pm »

Hi 5th,
Email on the way.

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2005, 10:14:27 pm »

Hi 5th,
Email on the way.

Back at you EC!

SWilliams

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2005, 11:52:53 pm »

build a theater... that's a blast! We did the lighting system in the Hannah Theater in Cleveland back in 97... it was a lot of work.

5thconcerto

• Friend of the FSP
  • To live free!
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2005, 12:04:19 am »

I was the project manager for the restoration of the Portsmouth Music Hall in Portsmouth, NH. Building codes and inspectors were a royal pain. Of course it didn't help that my boss, the owner of the company, was on valium through most of it. He was going through a difficult divorce at the time.

EC

• Let Your Spirit Soar!
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2005, 07:22:20 am »

Building codes and inspectors were a royal pain.

Hello again 5th,
Communications have begun, thanks.

I have built and developed residentially/commercially in the most restrictive/demanding  parts of the country regarding codes and inspections. CA earthquake zones, SC coastal flood/hurricane zones and about everything in between. I use the relationship with the town,city,county officials monitoring construction as an asset in order to expedite any project, small or large. When the game is played respectfully and professionally and the door is opened by the builder/developer first...

ie: "Is there anything we need to know before we break ground about this area and any special building criteria? We wish to start, perform and finalize the project in full accordance and without 'avoidable' stalls."

...it tends to nip any issues in the bud and keeps that unavoidable relationship from being a liability to the progress and momentum of any project. And then you simply build with and to time/method standards that they have very little to no opportunity to cause interruption/annoyance.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

anything