Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Job resource listing for prospective FSP'ers  (Read 2826 times)

Deez

Job resource listing for prospective FSP'ers
« on: July 26, 2005, 10:55:15 am »

Hello to you all.

I've been quite interested in the FSP project for a while now, but am REALLY hesitent on moving to the NorthEast as I don't want my car collection rotted out within 5 years of moving up there (I am currently living in Tampa).

However, having fairly recently getting pretty PO'd with the direction our country is headed, the FSP project just keeps sticking in my head as about the only viable option to forcing some serious debate and (hopefully) some real change......

....now, this brings me to the important part: Employment.

Are there any resources available for FSP'ers who have employment opportunities to offer? If so, where?
I'm quite skilled in many different fields, so I'm not overly concerned with not finding something, but I'd rather work for someone I *know* is an FSP'er also (or at least sympathetic to the cause).

Thank you all kindly in advance.
"Live Free or Die!"   (right?)

Deez

Re: Job resource listing for prospective FSP'ers
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 11:17:43 am »

.....and if may just reply to my own thread with another question:

Is there a specific city that FSP'ers are gravitating to?

pcwallis

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 11:47:50 am »

This forum doesn't have a clearing house where you can go to to get answers.  A clearing house should be set up so that someone like you or me, can go to it and get answers.  One of the biggest problems is everybody is talking about the issues in this forum and no one is leading us to NH!!!  It is easy to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk - BUT HOW DO WE GET TO NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!???  We need to get from here to there!!

You have brought up a point that I and others in the group need answers to.  LET'S STOP THE TALK ON ISSUES AND GET MOVING TO NEW HAMPSHIRE!!

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

SteveA

• FSP Participant
  • Freedom - Are you man enough to handle it?
"Fruitless, born a thousand times, lies barren.  Unguided inspiration, yields random motion, circumscribed in destination, going nowhere.  Guidance uninspired, always true in facing, stands immobile.  But fixed upon that destination firmly and with inspiration lofted; beget your dreams."

Deez

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 12:57:05 pm »

This forum doesn't have a clearing house where you can go to to get answers.  A clearing house should be set up so that someone like you or me, can go to it and get answers.  One of the biggest problems is everybody is talking about the issues in this forum and no one is leading us to NH!!!  It is easy to talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk - BUT HOW DO WE GET TO NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!???  We need to get from here to there!!

You have brought up a point that I and others in the group need answers to.  LET'S STOP THE TALK ON ISSUES AND GET MOVING TO NEW HAMPSHIRE!!

WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?

I've only been checking out the forums here since today, but this does seem to be an issue.

I haven't signed the SoI yet, as I'm trying to get a feel for the folks involved.

------
Thank you kindly for the links SteveA, I'm in the transportation industry, so 'maps and directions' aren't an issue for me  ;D

FreeBoB

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 06:20:39 pm »

There is a collection of NH employment and job info in the NH Info section here at the FSP website.  http://www.freestateproject.org/community/nh_info.php  It looks like this on the list:

Employment Information

* NH Jobs.com
    * Jobs in NH.com
    * Upcoming Job Fairs and Career Opportunities in NH
    * Job Seeker Welcome Center
    * NH Employment
    * NH Works Search Page
    * NH Jobs List
    * Software Consulting links from the Software Association of NH

pcwallis

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 06:36:47 pm »

Have any FSPers used any of the above job sources?  What I would like is to work with fellow FSPers.  When you look at other groups, they collectively work together when moving into an area.  Think about it - China Town - so forth.  They work in tandem.  One starts a business - hires someone who is like them.  "Likes go where likes are" rule number one in real estate, like it or not that is the way it is.  Again I say who has of our group worked with the above agencies listed by Brian?

Talk to me!!
Phil Wallis
Pages: [1]   Go Up