Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What party am I?  (Read 6042 times)

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
Re: What party am I?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005, 08:30:22 am »

Phase out I could get with and I would always choose government at the local level over national.  Frankly I worked under a seperate pension system for most of my life and axed that when I fled the Peoples Republic of California and unless I go work under the ss system for several years I will not even be eligible for ss...so I have absolutely 0 vested interest in the matter :).  I gots nuttin' comin' either way after 16 years in public service and with 2 children serving in the military overseas...kinda funny isn't it?

Yes it is... But the fact that teachers and others have gotten along fine for decades using private retirement also helps to demonstrate that privatizing SS wouldn't be some kind of tragedy... It's a shame those arguments really never got a chance to get out. I'm afraid SS reform is dead for the near future with Iraq still dominating headlines.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

PintofStout

• FSP Participant
  • The Dude Abides!
Re: What party am I?
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 08:24:53 am »

Freeme,

Don't try to associate yourself with a party and define your beliefs with that of a larger group.  Hold your beliefs as you will (always keeping an open mind) and vote, if you must, with your beliefs.  By saying your a Republican or a Democrat or a Libertarian adds nothing to your character and should not change your beliefs to match the herd.  Hold your beliefs and be proud of them.

I see no need to burden yourself or anyone with labels, capitalized or not.
You Moos sure can party!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up