Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cold-blooded Critters show on July 28th in Lancaster  (Read 4573 times)

freedomroad

Cold-blooded Critters show on July 28th in Lancaster
« on: July 13, 2005, 12:14:51 am »

http://www.nhparks.state.nh.us/ParksPages/Weeks/WeeksEvntCollier72805.html
Events at...
the John Wingate Weeks Historic Site

Cold-blooded Critters (Live Animals)
with Chris Collier

Please come and join us July 28 for Cold-blooded Critters (Live Animals) with Chris Collier. Few groups of animals have so fascinated humans over the years as reptiles and amphibians. Chris will introduce us to an assortment of totally "cool" animals. Chris will help us discover why these species play such critical environmental roles, as we explore their natural and cultural history. This program is sure to touch on mystery, magic, and provide a laugh or two.

Chris is a naturalist educator with VINS, where he presents programs on many natural history topics. Chris has degrees in ecology, Interpretive Services, and Fish and Wildlife Management. He has held various naturalist positions in New Hampshire for Squam Lakes Science Center and NH Audubon.

WSP Association host for the evening is Paige Westcott.

The program will be in the Great Room of the Summit Lodge of Weeks State Park and will begin at 7:30 pm. Come early and bring a picnic supper, or climb the Fire Tower for one of the best views north of the notches.

Weeks State Park is located on the east side of Route 3, approximately two miles south of Lancaster, NH.

The Evening Program Series is sponsored by the Weeks State Park Association, White Mountain Interpretive Association, and UNH Cooperative Extension. All programs are free and the public is invited.

MORE INFO:
http://www.nhparks.state.nh.us/ParksPages/Weeks/Weeks.html

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: Cold-blooded Critters show on July 28th in Lancaster
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 06:49:54 pm »

This could be interesting.  I've always wanted to get a large snake of some sort, but I can't do that until after I move, because I don't have room where I am, now.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

punkrawk

• FSP Participant
  • Fear is the foundation of most governments -Adams
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 09:27:13 am »

My wife and I are planning to take our kids to this.  This looks like a good, fun, family outing.
-Bryan Stevenson
"to compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical" - Thomas Jefferson

freedomroad

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 11:17:35 am »

My wife and I are planning to take our kids to this.  This looks like a good, fun, family outing.

Cool, I'm thinking about going.

If I go, I'll leave the Mock Town Hall Meeting in Unity, NH at 5pm (when it ends) and drive up to the state park.  I should make it with 10-20 min. to spare.
Pages: [1]   Go Up