Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Food at/near Rogers Campground  (Read 4704 times)

Friday

Food at/near Rogers Campground
« on: July 19, 2005, 07:58:22 pm »

[if there's already a thread on this topic, feel free to merge]

Since all my camping gear is back in California, I'd like to get an idea of what the food options are at and near Rogers Campground, so I know how much food and equipment I need to bring. Are there fast food places, cheap restaurants, grocery stores, etc. an easy drive from the campground? (I define easy drive as no more than 20 minutes, with minimal possibility of running into a moose while on a burger run.)  Also, are there bears here? Do we have to do the whole food lockdown thing? Thanks for the info!

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
Re: Food at/near Rogers Campground
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 08:16:31 pm »

I believe it was called the S&S lounge right down the road in Lancaster. It advertised American and Chinese menu!

It was very affordable and the food was great!!!!  There is a MC-D's in Lancaster I ate at a Steak House in Lancaster that was good as well but not cheap. The Shaw grocery is right down the road for all your self cooking options.

Rogers itself has a uninspiring food place.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

"Hagrid"

• FSP Participant
  • We don't need 20K... we just need you to move now.
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 08:38:31 pm »

Also, are there bears here? Do we have to do the whole food lockdown thing?

Dunno about bears, but with big eaters like Jon B and myself around, food lockdown is a good idea (grin)

lloydbob1

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 10:42:25 pm »

Roger's has a small restaurant wher you order at a counter and they call your number.  The food is not bad.

KBCraig

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 01:35:50 am »

Bears??!! *pfffff!!!*

PatK will be on the prowl! You'll have to lock up your food *and* your beer!

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 05:37:54 pm »

Yes, there are bears in the neighborhood.  Bill Walker reported seeiing  one while setting up his tent last year. 
The Lancaste r  newspaper reported two bear  house burglaries  that week also.
I think  that's the reason for the electric fence  around the dumpsters.

jerry

lloydbob1

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 06:38:59 pm »

I didn't see Pats note about Rogers restaurant being uninspiring, but, I don't eat at many Steak Houses.  I've gotten damn near as fat, more cheaply ;D

Hey Jerry! You coming this year?
Lloyd

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 07:23:28 pm »

If you head like 7 miles down Rt.3, there's a little diner on the right called "Grandma's," or something similar.  It's pretty good, and I got dinner there for like $11.

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 07:44:05 pm »

I didn't see Pats note about Rogers restaurant being uninspiring, but, I don't eat at many Steak Houses.  I've gotten damn near as fat, more cheaply ;D

Hey Jerry! You coming this year?
Lloyd

HA- HA I say, You got a long way to go to be near as fat as me, skinny.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 08:35:04 pm »

Good to see that there'll be food around.

They're only black bears. Food lockdown might be a good idea, but I doubt everyone is going to lock it down so if the bruins are coming they're coming. I've never heard of a bear attack in NH and the last fatality was over 200 years ago, plus with all the guns that are likely to be aroung bears going after food might just become food.
Pages: [1]   Go Up