Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Birth of a Safe Place for Newcomers and Civilized Conversationalists  (Read 136227 times)

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
Re: Birth of a Safe Place for Newcomers and Civilized Conversationalists
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2008, 12:02:25 pm »

2nd, Russell Kanning is an A$$hole.

Hi Jean:  Well I just received my first insult from a few "uniformed" regulars.

Theses two "member" were not only uniformed on the issue but seemed bent upon ridicule as well. I have thick skin and my response is laden with facts, not speculation. It always amazes me how some "members" want to dismantle everything in sight but have no reasonable replacements.

Members such as these will only force prospective members to turn away with disdain. These people are doing more harm than good for the movement. It is a shame.
I don't have a uniform.....sometimes I am uninformed ;D
I am not a member ..... but a participant ;)
I don't have thick skin like yours...... but I don't run to Jean for protection. :P
I think you want to control others.....and I oppose you :)

It just takes a while to get used to Russell’s style of communication.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2008, 07:08:25 pm »

1st, just like little children in the school yard, bullies will follow you anywhere.
Lucky we have this place for civilized conversation.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2008, 11:48:41 pm »

1st, just like little children in the school yard, bullies will follow you anywhere.
Lucky we have this place for civilized conversation.

I think those dollar signs were his attempt at “civilized.” :)

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
  • Join The Ron Paul Write-In Revolution Today!
    • Adventures In Legal Land
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2008, 08:09:27 am »

First I would like to say Hello as I am new here.
Second, I was attracted to this thread to get my feet wet before the verbal joust of the masses.

I have already learned 2 things from my first day here.

It's been a very educational day for me and would like to thank Jean & Brien

Hi Jean:  Well I just received my first insult from a few "uniformed" regulars.Â

Theses two "member" were not only uniformed on the issue but seemed bent upon ridicule as well.  I have thick skin and my response is laden with facts, not speculation.  It always amazes me how some "members" want to dismantle everything in sight but have no reasonable replacements.

Members such as these will only force prospective members to turn away with disdain.  These people are doing more harm than good for the movement.  It is a shame.
I don't have thick skin like yours...... but I don't run to Jean for protection. :P

Russell, and many inhabitants of the planet, are not A$$holes at all.

We are students and advocates of the Philosophically Mature "Guide of Human Interaction" commonly known at the Non-Aggression Principle.
Check it out and join us if you love Freedom and Liberty.

We recognize that each and every human being has Basic Inherent Inalienable Irrevocable Human Rights.
The most common and easily identifiable of these are the right to life, the right to liberty, and the right to property.
In other words you violate basic human rights by murdering, enslaving, and stealing.
We also refer and identify these violators as "looters, bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries."

Mostly we find that those "upset" by being identified as a "looter, bureaucrat, jackboot, or mercenary" are in a "defensive" posture.
They mostly want to try to find some "justification" for looting(stealing from others-aka taxes), bureaucrating(receiving stolen loot and booty from others in the course of "performing" some supposed function that "only" the gooberment can do-aka legalized theft and "bureaucrat job security"), jackbooting(harassing, robbing, abusing, kidnapping, raping, torturing, mutilating, imprisoning, murdering, and etc. other human beings as part of being a combination of looter/bureaucrat/mercenary), and mercenarying(most commonly known as "hired guns" or "hired enforcers" or "hired murderers" these men and women attempt to find comfort in the erroneous "belief" that they are on a "mission of mercy" on the behalf of someone else, though most often they are just paid enforcers and murderers backed by the military/industrial complex of their "employers").

A few of us don't identify with those activities, nor do we promote, support, and/or participate in them.

We interact with each other peacefully as "Peace Persons" using totally voluntary, full disclosure contracts.  You probably use one of those every day and don't even realize it.  When you say "Hi" to someone else you are offering a totally voluntary, full disclosure contract.

The "Hi" is a verbal contract offered to another person or persons.  This contract is a combination of "greeting" and also, more subtly, an acknowledgment to them that you mean them no harm(especially if said while in direct eye contact and even more so while smiling).

From there contracts get more complicated as the interaction between "contractors" increases and becomes a little more "complicated".

We understand that it's sometimes hard for people to ween themselves off of the tit, especially after many years of participating in the loot and booty of the looters, bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries.  Most people not only continue to perpetuate these crimes, but they also raise future generations of looters, bureaucrats, jackboots, and mercenaries.  They even bestow upon their prodigy something called "the national debt" where the parents "borrow" and expect their children and grand-children and great grand-children to "repay" what they "borrowed".  Of course having someone else repay your debts is slavery...you've enslaved your children and your neighbor's children.  Why would you want to do that?

Well, "everyone else is doing it" isn't a valid "excuse" for your enslavement of others for your benefit or for someone else's benefit either.  It's purely and simply a crime perpetrated against Basic Human Rights.  Those who approve of/participate in/encourage others to violate any other human being's Basic Human Rights should be repelled and destroyed.

So by now a few "get it" but most are just furious at being "found out" at being "laid bare" at having the bright sunlight shone upon their dirty deeds done dirt cheap.

So the concepts you object to are:
Philosophical Maturity(who wants to be "mature" or "philosophical")
Non-Aggression Principle(who wants to leave everyone else alone, after all, you deserve something someone else owned/created/possessed...just go take it)
Basic Inherent Inalienable Irrevocable Human Rights(and you object to this how, and for what reason, and say that you'd like "yours" to be violated!?!)
Everyone Leaves Everyone Else Alone(what part of this don't you understand, can't you live with, do you really want others to rape/kidnap/torture/murder you!?!)

Why would you do these horrific and terrifying things to OTHERS when you don't want them done to YOU?

Would a city/region/state/nation/continent full of only looters exist(for any real length of time)?
Would a city/region/state/nation/continent full of bureaucrats exist(for any real length of time)?
Would a city/region/state/nation/continent full of jackboots exist(for any real length of time)?
Would a city/region/state/nation/continent full of mercenaries exist(for any real length of time)?

Obviously not because all of these DEPEND on human beings who actually PRODUCE something...so that they have something to steal...

Looters exist because you didn't repel and destroy them...
Bureaucrats exist because they used the looters that you didn't repel and destroy as justification for their very existence...
Jackboots exist because you have looters and bureaucrats and jackboots that loot/rape/rob/kidnap/torture/imprison/murder...oops, forgot to repel and destroy again...
Mercenaries exist because looters and bureaucrats and jackboots enjoy living off of others and they take some of their loot and booty and they hire mercenaries to enforce and maintain their military/industrial complexes all across the globe...

How do we counteract all this?

Well, it starts with us.

You and me.

Us.

Go figure...

Enjoy!

How many copies of Ron Paul's new book "The Revolution, A Manifesto" are you purchasing to distribute amongst your family, friends, and associates?

Menno

• First 1000
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2008, 10:31:42 am »

Theses two "member" were not only uniformed on the issue but seemed bent upon ridicule as well. I have thick skin and my response is laden with facts, not speculation. It always amazes me how some "members" want to dismantle everything in sight but have no reasonable replacements.

Members such as these will only force prospective members to turn away with disdain. These people are doing more harm than good for the movement. It is a shame.

How long does it take? :D
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.   - General John Stark

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #95 on: May 20, 2008, 11:36:00 am »

How long does it take? :D

I’ll let you know. ;D

JC

« Reply #96 on: June 09, 2008, 10:14:08 am »

A 3 year long thread like this one makes me remember what I read in Hans-Herman Hoppe's Book "Democracy, the God that failed"

Conditions of "anarchy" or of "The Free Market" is what he calls a "private property society".

Not inevitably but certainly apparently, the FSP consists of people who aren't necessarily amenable to others.

They would seem to thrive and survive best on their own property without anyone including the state (or maybe not even a spouse) telling them what to do.

And on one's own property and with a mind to not infringe on other's rights, one is free to be an "a$$hole" and if one doesn't like it he can leave.

Contrast that to this very PUBLIC forum which is very different from a private property society that is sought. 

Public property and even public forums experience many types of "tragedy of the commons".

Bums stink up public squares, Pollution clouds a public river and calumny and strife manifest themselves on a public online forum and there is no one person who comes and ejects unpleasantness from the area.

I'm not saying that it SHOULD be done.

All I am saying is that the existence of this forum (depending on how it may be run) may in some ways be diametrically opposed to the private property society that Liberty minded people seek and represent.

A blog that each individual 'homesteads' and cultivates.....deleting unwanted comments and using whatever language that he or she deems fit, is more suiting to our ideal.

This is why I am glad for the FSP blogs.  I may create an account. 

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #97 on: June 09, 2008, 01:02:24 pm »

Not inevitably but certainly apparently, the FSP consists of people who aren't necessarily amenable to others.
True in many cases ... but not many others.
Contrast that to this very PUBLIC forum which is very different from a private property society that is sought. 
Some of us don't even have that goal.
All I am saying is that the existence of this forum (depending on how it may be run) may in some ways be diametrically opposed to the private property society that Liberty minded people seek and represent.
If you don't like the way this forum is run ... you don't have to remain here.
... is more suiting to our ideal.
my ideal might be different than yours ... the FSP might be a bigger tent than you thought.
Have fun blogging

I kinda like threads with long lives. :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2008, 01:35:51 pm »

I kinda like threads with long lives. :)

ditto

NHArticleTen

• FSP Participant
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2008, 06:15:23 pm »

real long

yearningforfreedom

« Reply #100 on: July 25, 2009, 11:22:01 am »

I hope this will bring some new blood, if somewhat used, to the thread.

Being an old flatulation, I've always said that I want to live the last bit of my life as a Free Man.

I hope the FSP is where I can do that. Seeing the end as much closer than the beginning, I've pretty much lost any concern I have for those that would stifle my freedom, in anything they might say or do.

In short, I've run out of give a damn. I want to be free at any cost, regardless of how brief it may be.

I've held the rope that burns at both ends for so long, I can see both fires about to consume me.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2009, 11:29:31 am »

Being an old flatulation, I've always said that I want to live the last bit of my life as a Free Man.

I hope the FSP is where I can do that. Seeing the end as much closer than the beginning, I've pretty much lost any concern I have for those that would stifle my freedom, in anything they might say or do.

In short, I've run out of give a damn. I want to be free at any cost, regardless of how brief it may be.

I've held the rope that burns at both ends for so long, I can see both fires about to consume me.

How soon should we be expecting you?  :)
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

yearningforfreedom

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2009, 11:54:49 am »

How soon should we be expecting you?  :)

Well, here's the deal:

My son is 18 and has been accepted into the University of Waterloo in the computer engineering program. I moved here so he would not be drafted into some mindless war. I was in a mindless war and I will not see him be cannon  fodder for the Great one or any other one.

So our plan, my wife and I, is to wait until he has graduated and no longer needs our support.

But in the meantime, I am planning to visit. At the moment, I don't have my American passport, so I anticipate a hassle at the border without it. I did recently discover that I can get it fairly easily at the American Embassy in Ottawa.

BTW, I've been to New Hamshire a few times and love the place.

TEBON

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2009, 04:03:29 pm »

if you ever come out to visit, hit up this forum maybe a porcupine will take you out to dinner!

yearningforfreedom

« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2009, 08:09:12 am »

Thanks Anton.  :)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up

anything