Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Birth of a Safe Place for Newcomers and Civilized Conversationalists  (Read 137057 times)

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
Re: Birth of a Safe Place for Newcomers and Civilized Conversationalists
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2007, 07:53:08 pm »

For personal reasons I am not ready to comitt, but have been looking for a good excuse to take a closer look. I am happy to say that I just signed up for the Liberty Forum next month and got my airfare and hotel all booked.
Awesome! See you there! :)

FreeBoB

« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2007, 08:12:20 pm »

Welcome Dave.  I can't wait for the Liberty Forum.  So many friends, so many liberty activists! 

A wicked good party!   8)

See you there.

Brian

Philly Dave

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2007, 08:56:29 am »

Thanks guys ... Now I just have to find some warm clothes  :o

MuckThatGuy

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2007, 12:00:47 am »

Hi everyone!

My name is Sean, and I just heard about this project today at a Ron Paul meetup. I've read the main site's basic POV, and direction...  I find the idea intriguing, and I'll be doing a lot of reading as the week goes on.

I'll probably be most interested in seeking out information for all of the universities in NH that offer graduate programs in Mathematics. I'm on the tail end of a Math degree in Wisconsin, and would love to partake in the project if I were to be accepted by a school in NH.  ;D

Anyway, this seems to be a decently moderated forum, with a lot of good people.  I'm looking forward to getting to know the lot of you.   :)

yoplait

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2007, 12:36:47 am »

Welcome!  Post any questions you have.  There are quite a few good colleges in NH.

As you do your research, I think you'll see that joining a growing group of liberty activists in America's freest state is any Ron Paul supports dream  :)

buzzard

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2007, 03:00:04 pm »

I thought this was the line to get a hug  ;D

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2007, 07:56:07 pm »

Philly Dave et al, we look forward to seeing you at Liberty Forum in January and Porc Fest in June.  Excellent events, both.
I moved here 2 months ago from Las Vegas, NV, so am facing the same sort of culture and climate shock you are envisioning.  Feel free to PM me with any specific questions you might have about life here (I'm in Manchester).  Although the weather is much colder than you and I are used to, the political "climate" is fantastice!  Much sunnier than NV or AZ, guaranteed.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

008klm

« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2008, 08:33:28 pm »

An Outsider's Viewpoint

The Free State Project's website

The Founding Fathers knew that the republic they designed for us would be difficult to preserve, but they assumed that the citizenry would remain virtuous and alert.

Those assumptions don't hold at the dawning of the 21st century. Ignorance has never been worse — millions of citizens do not understand the founding documents, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Bill of Rights. Too much hedonism has undermined the civic virtue of many, and too much political corruption has caused disillusionment and lack of interest on the part of many others. As a nation, we are no longer virtuous or alert.

The main objective of the Free State Project's website is to provide citizens with a means to acquire the knowledge and skills they need to be active participants in local politics and government, participants in the governing of New Hampshire and the nation, and in rebuilding civilization.

Thus, the Free State Project's website specializes in training on the political process - electoral as well as policy.

Our American Republic cannot be restored unless civilization as we know it is restored. To save civilization, individuals must commit themselves to living a godly life, privately and publicly. They must put their family first, and in some manner join with other like-minded people pursuing the same goals.

But they still have to interact with institutions, public or private. These institutions may be hostile, or they may be indifferent. In either case, people who are busy supporting and raising families and building community generally have better success in their interactions with impersonal institutions if they have acquired some technical expertise.

Giving citizens that expertise is what the Free State Project's website is all about.

Please tell me I'm not nuts.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2008, 09:26:26 pm »

Describing the problem as “hedonism” and the solution as “godly” is a good way to turn a lot of people off to the project. If the FSP had been presented to me in this way I’d’ve assumed it was something exclusively for Christian fundamentalists (they have their own free state project elsewhere) and never would’ve joined.

TEBON

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2008, 09:43:58 pm »

Describing the problem as “hedonism” and the solution as “godly” is a good way to turn a lot of people off to the project. If the FSP had been presented to me in this way I’d’ve assumed it was something exclusively for Christian fundamentalists (they have their own free state project elsewhere) and never would’ve joined.

see if they want to trade their libertarians for our holy rollers. 

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2008, 04:18:35 am »

Godly has been tried for thousands of years. Hasn't worked yet. I suppose if you ask 100 people what FSP is all about you'll get that many different answers. Here's mine.

There are two kinds of people in this world. Those that want to be left alone, and those that just won't leave us the f**k alone. I'm moving to NH because I'm the first kind and I'm trying desperately to get away from the second kind.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

008klm

« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2008, 11:03:13 pm »

No Christian FSPs?

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2008, 11:40:50 pm »

No Christian FSPs?

There are plenty of Christian FSPers.  My wife and I are two of them.  I know we have at least one Mormon, we've got evangelicals (such as my wife and I) and everything else in between.  I find the negative comments about religion to be unnecessary and perplexing, but I've long since stopped making comments about it.  It's been said a million times but it's still true: you can't get a true idea of what FSPers are like from the forums.

Christianity's teachings and the ideas of liberty go hand in hand and compliment one another.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

TEBON

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2008, 12:15:57 am »

I guess I should have said that by "holy roller" I meant those that call me a satan worshiper, the ones that tell me I'm going to hell because I believe in freedom.

overall, I like christians, I used to be one in name only. . . I find most of them to be polite and kind.  Same with Mormons, never met a mormon that I didn't like as a person.  It's unfortunate that I have friends that will fight (correctly in my opinion) for the rights of homosexuals.  > .  but they think mormons are disgusting creatures with mental deficiencies. . .and should be removed from the planet.

sad.

J’raxis 270145

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • DILIGE·QVOD·VIS·FAC
    • Jeremy J. Olson
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2008, 08:45:01 pm »

No Christian FSPs?

There certainly are. But the FSP is not exclusively Christian, and that synopsis you posted earlier implied that it was, or at least exclusively for believers in some sort of deity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10   Go Up