Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your one and only Enemy...  (Read 2203 times)

CosmicTealeaf

Your one and only Enemy...
« on: July 14, 2005, 05:07:50 pm »

Idealism is the foundation of all that is Evil.
Pragmatism is the foundation of all that is Good.

Keep this in mind and you'll be OK.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 06:57:13 am by CosmicTealeaf »
The Cosmos is but a Teacup and We are the Storm

SWilliams

• I'm a llama!
Re: Your one and only Enemy...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 02:10:51 am »

so long as it's not the 'People's Front Of Judea'....

i know...  i couldn't resist... LOL

CosmicTealeaf

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 03:45:26 pm »

Who?

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 05:17:23 pm »

Who?

Watch Monty Python's "Life of Brian"

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

CosmicTealeaf

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2005, 06:55:17 am »

No worries, I Googled the People's Judean Front.  I think I've seen a Life of Brian but it was a while back.

Anyway...

'The basic flaw in modern politics: the theory that people are ignorant and incapable of taking responsibility for their own lives, coupled with trust in those people to sagely choose those who would take over that responsibility for them. This is a paradox; at least one of the premises must be false'

It is the first premise that is incorrect. This flaw is not confined to modern politics.  This 'flaw', as you call it, has been present in politics since at least the time of Plato.  I highly recommend you read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand.

I don't know if the FSP are fully aware of the impact that their political experiment is going to have.  This will be the first time in history that a fully pragmatic approach to government has ever been attempted.  Maybe I am putting the cart before the horse but I think that the FSP will go down in history as pioneers. 

These Idealists, those who I reckon we should all beware of, have been 'prophesying' Armageddon for at least the past 2 millennia.  I have a sneaking suspicion that this is because, deep down, they have no confidence in their own philosophies.  The Armageddon is close, it will happen within the next 50 years.  However, it will not be a war between Good and Evil, it will be a war between Pragmatists and Idealists.  The outcome will not be the End of The World, it will be the end of their world, the End of the World of Idealism.  Idealism has defined at least the past 2 millennia.  Pragmatism will define all proceeding millennia.  He who laughs last, laughs loudest.

Choose your side.

retr0spectiv

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 10:45:24 pm »

Unfortunatly that is probably so. Just as the founding fathers had to work and earn their freedom...

Those war mongers have one thing right: freedom is definitly not free.

Osborn F. Enready

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 06:21:37 pm »

There is nothing wrong with a healthy dose of idealism, as long as it is kept in check with a healthy dose of common sense.

Every person is an idealist at some level.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up